What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Difference Between Roosters Supporters and the Rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVP

Coach
Kindly go back to the Illawarra site so all your ilk can pat each other on the back after screaming "Get orf our Land" while cradling shotties in your lap on a rocking chair on the front porch to guard you against tresspassers, you STUPID redneck.

Yeah great work Illawarra man ... you're too stupid to even contemplate the death of your club arent you ?

Punk

Juniors
OVP said:
Kindly go back to the Illawarra site so all your ilk can pat each other on the back after screaming "Get orf our Land" while cradling shotties in your lap on a rocking chair on the front porch to guard you against tresspassers, you STUPID redneck.

Yeah great work Illawarra man ... you're too stupid to even contemplate the death of your club arent you ?

People from the Illawarra region aren't really 'rednecks'. Quite an ignorant statement. Plus calling someone stupid after writing a three line long sentence is pretty hypocritical.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Punk said:
OVP said:

People from the Illawarra region aren't really 'rednecks'. Quite an ignorant statement. Plus calling someone stupid after writing a three line long sentence is pretty hypocritical.

OVP, Mind you this is the NRL site that im Posting on. If So. Are you telling me im not welcome. Or Just just still feeling the effects of that Fantastic LOSS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

roostergirl

Juniors
F#ck of the lot of you.....notice I dont see your teams making the Grand final.

Since you are all great lovers of the Wall...you would have read my reply in that thread.

I was at East Leagues last year and not this year.

Last year.....Grand Final was a nice night, no rain etc. Got a lift back with Woody & Jen to the club where I stood in the street for 2 hours to see the boys.....then argue with bouncers for 2 hours to get into Easts Leagues.

This year....Grand final....sat in the rain for 6 hours....cried my eyes out at the end of game....offered a lift back to Easts Leagues but I didnt want to stand in the cold for another 4 hours....becuase our membership had doubled since last year which meant more people.

Had I been living in Sydney I would have gone home, had a hot shower, got changed & gone....but as i was due to fly back the next day i just wanted to crawl up in a hole. And as Ozzie said, it was reported that we couldnt get in anyway. Unfortunately I am not psychic to know that a lot of people didnt go.

Call me fickle.....but i think that I have supportered my team better than most people who actually live in the same state as there team.

ozzie

Bench
I saw the coverage of the Roosters coming back to the club on tv..they had a crowd outside the door and were getting pats on the back etc...now I suppose channel 9 got eveyone to stand there together to make it look impressive.. I also spoke to a mate who said the crowd in the club was y big..he had trouble getting to the bar...the bugger probably flaked halfways to the bar

So confusion reigns - who is right or wrong - does it matter SIM - your team bombed out badly...does posting this thread make you feel better - talk about a sad case

Dragonschik

Juniors
Some NOT ALL, roosters supporters are bandwagon ones and only sing when they are winning. BUT On the channel 9 news they showed the roosters team in the leagues club and there were only about 10 supporters in there.

I was just thinking, shud it really bother any of u if there were Roosters fans at the club or not?? I cud understand if it was ur team that didnt have many fans at their club after a GF loss, but it wasnt. So y dont u jus leave it. U have to admit it wasnt a very nice nite to wait out in the cold jus to see your team, when u had jus sat in the rain all nite to watch ur team lose. But yeh das all i was thinking. Its all over now newayz.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I Knew it.
Im not having a go at real Roosters fans here like Chook & Cogburn etc etc

But The Roosters really do have alot of fairweather fans and bandwagon jumpers...I said it last year after they beat NZ in The GF.

They had like 30,000 there or something...where the hell are all these people during the season?

ozzie

Bench
Lyon said:
I Knew it.

But The Roosters really do have alot of fairweather fans and bandwagon jumpers...I said it last year after they beat NZ in The GF.

They had like 30,000 there or something...where the hell are all these people during the season?

ummm making up the number in their home crowd average of over 16000

Agent Mulder

Bench
ozzie said:
Lyon said:
I Knew it.

ummm making up the number in their home crowd average of over 16000

Yeah not before they won the Gf mate...anyway im not having a go at just the Roosters.

Some Parramatta fans are just as bad...We have our bandwagon jumpers as well.

:D

ozzie

Bench
I know where your coming from - it happens to all clubs - what happens to Penrith for arguement sake if they finished last next year??
Not that they will

Have a look at Souths - lucky to get 9000 to a home match now...if you aren't winning your crowds disappear

Raider_69

Post Whore
if you want to see bandwagon jumpers all you have to do is walk into penrith....... 2 months ago you saw a few penrith jersy and so forth but now every man and his dog has one........

where were they last year?

Macca

Coach
Absolutley right. It's the same for all sides. Every club has band wagon supporters. It's easy to critisise against each other in that regard. I don't think the Roosters crowds are very educated though, and I am not talking about any of their fans who post threads in here. Every time I have been to a Roosters game I have heard the most ridiculous comments come from them. I never disliked the Roosters but after attending the Semi between the Dogs and them I have started to. I don't support the Dogs but I wanted the Roosters to lose because of the morons in the tri colours.

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
Look all clubs have some stupid supporters and band wagon supporters, some more than others.
But i wouldnt come in here doubting the passion and faith that true supporters of their teams have, thats any team not just the Roosters.
I live in the UK for christs sake and still support them like i am at home but hey thats just me and i know for certain there are others out there like me.
As for the leagues club debate i even knew they wouldnt let any supporters in that weren't members. And just for arguments sake even if i was in Australia i probably wouldnt have gone to the club as i live to far away from it.
The majority of Roosters fans don't live in the Eastern Suburbs

Chook

First Grade
The biggest difference between Rooster and Dragon supporters is Rooster supporters follow a team that has heart, guts, tradition and the ability to make and win grand finals.

And dragon supporters...well they follow the dragons.

Chook.

melon....

Coach
Stgillaman said:
Punk said:
OVP said:

OVP, Mind you this is the NRL site that im Posting on. If So. Are you telling me im not welcome. Or Just just still feeling the effects of that Fantastic LOSS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

38-0 Scum fan....Now THATS a tragic LOSS.!! LOL

alive103

Juniors
Chook said:
The biggest difference between Rooster and Dragon supporters is Rooster supporters follow a team that has heart, guts, tradition and the ability to make and win grand finals.

And dragon supporters...well they follow the dragons.

Chook.

This pathethic crap from the Rooster's customers about our club having no heart is getting quite boring. For christ's sake, we had about a thousand players out injured this year for extended periods. Fittler missed less than five games, Barrett played five games. We beat your sorry arses on Anzac Day with three internationals out and Hassan Saleh in our side. We are inconsistent but in the main this year, they didn't lack heart. Watch a few games and you would have seen. I was critical of the Cronulla and Melbourne games late in the season but the effort has been there all along.

The ability to make grand finals. We have been to 4 in the last decade to the bandwagon's 3. We haven't bought our way into those. 3 were with sides made up of very good club footballers whilst the fourth one was tragic to say the least. We knocked your side out in 1996 and 1999 and indirectly in 2001 as well.

Tradition..... I'll just say one thing. Sydney City, Sydney, Eastern Suburbs. Not to mention the logos. And before you mention the Illawarra thing, one change since the mid 1970s is better than 3 name changes in 7 years.

And when the Roosters fall to 10th in a few years time, we will be the ones laughing hardest. Because the SFS will be empty, full of seats reserved for the rent-a-crowd bandwagon that currently resides at the club formally known as Eastern Suburbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.