What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advertising blitz has launched

Surandy

Bench
Today marked the start of Storm's advertising blitz for the upcoming season.

They had an advertisement on during Channel Nein's 6pm news. The ad I saw was on between the sports and weather segments. Strange ad though, I'd describe it if I could but I'd need to see it at least once more.

Bloody excellent ad...kicks ass over any other NRL club ad...normally they just have star players reading a script and it looks really amatuer but this is awesome.

Well done Storm !!!...very abstract.

shadow grinder

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Bloody excellent ad...kicks ass over any other NRL club ad...normally they just have star players reading a script and it looks really amatuer but this is awesome.

Well done Storm !!!...very abstract.

f**k. someone record it and post it ...:lol:

c_eagle

Juniors
pgcimg_20060413110005768.jpg

I'd love to see this ad, tbh.

shadow grinder

First Grade
saw the ad on the footy show...awesome ad IMO. when i heard there wasnt going to be any players i struggled to see how the ad was going to work...but i loved it, plus the tag line "you cant avoid rugby league this year"....good stuff.

Surandy

Bench
Much more professional than any previous efforts i've seen. it sh*ts all over the afl club ads.

For those in Melbourne watch out as more is to come, heaps of newspaper and radio ads.

pcpp

Juniors
Great ad but I reckon just a few seconds of Storm footage like a bit hit and a Storm try right after the nun would've made it a bit better.

riccardo

Juniors
Saw one of those new ads - absolutely leaves my AFL club for dead that one!

"You can't avoid Rugby League this year" I like it! :D

phonetic

Juniors
:clap: :clap:

Let's hope the 'blitz' remains strong. It's good to see them step away from the usual dime a dozen action shots.

This kind of ad is more likely to get a few people thinking about League in a different way.

LESStar58

Referee
I've not seen it yet. I was on a plane to Brisbane the day the campaign was launched. But I like the ideas behind the ads!

Also in the HS on Thursday it said that according to the Morgan Poll :roll: the storm are the 2nd most supported team in the comp with 500K odd supporters. First is the Broncos with 1.54 million.

Where might I ask are the f**king crowds then?

sla4575

Juniors
I think you'll find a lot of the Storm's supporters are in South East QLD. At the trial in Toowoomba this year i'd say the Storm support was 50/50 with the Broncos. And when the Storm play at Suncorp, they always get a good house and you can see a lot of Storm jerseys and flags. I'd say the Storm game would be the one of the top gates for the broncos as every time i have been to the game they always pull over 30,000.

choc_soldier

Coach
I saw some snippets on SBS World Sport last Thursday.

They look great! Hopefully it has the desired effect down there.

olympic park

Juniors
the new ads are great. just adding one snippet of a storm match though into each one would really complete them (such as previous mentioned nun scoring try)

Latest posts