What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 RUNS ?

innsaneink

Referee
Does anyone know how 5 runs is scored in cricket off one shot without the batsmen crossing ends?

Goldthorpe

Bench
innsaneink said:
Does anyone know how 5 runs is scored in cricket off one shot without the batsmen crossing ends?

If the balls hits any of the bowling teams equipment on the ground.

Eg Short Legs helmet that usually is behind the wicket keeper.

Cheers
AJ

Anonymous

Juniors
innsaneink said:

If the ball hits some object on the field (most commonly a helmet laying on the ground), then the batting side is awarded 5 runs.

The law is there as a benefit to the batsmen who was disdavantaged by an object placed in the field.

There are some exceptions to this but thats what the law is for.

Also, a team can recieve a 5 run penalty in indoor cricket but I dont think you mean that version of the game.

Anonymous

Juniors
Hitting the helmet behind the wicket keeper.

Overthrows.

No ball being hit for four

catching the ball with your hat

bender

Juniors
Earl said:

Overthrows.

Since when is a no ball being hit for 4 5 runs. I dont watch much cricket lately but I am fairly sure that a no ball counts for the greater of 1 run or the amount of runs being scored off the bat. ie if you run one on a no ball, you only get the one run. I am not to sure about a no ball that goes for 4 byes though.

*Paul*

Juniors
Law 24.
12. Penalty for a No ball
A penalty of one run shall be awarded instantly on the call of No ball. Unless the call is revoked, this penalty shall stand even if a batsman is dismissed. It shall be in addition to any other runs scored, any boundary allowance and any other penalties awarded.

innsaneink

Referee
Earl said:

Overthrows.

This is the answer I've been waiting for....5 and out!
Only took a bit over a month!

*Paul*

Juniors
Here's an interesting point.
If your caps falls off accidently and the ball touches it, it's play on. But if you knock it off deliberately, and the ball touches it - 5 run penalty.
And if the ball hits a helmet not being worn, it's penalty runs either way

bender

Juniors
*Paul* said:
Law 24.
12. Penalty for a No ball
A penalty of one run shall be awarded instantly on the call of No ball. Unless the call is revoked, this penalty shall stand even if a batsman is dismissed. It shall be in addition to any other runs scored, any boundary allowance and any other penalties awarded.
Very interesting, many many years ago we lost a cricketing grand final at high school when the other school teacher brought out the rule book and showed our teacher how it did not count. Maybe i should protest :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Earl said:

Overthrows.

This is the answer I've been waiting for....5 and out!
Only took a bit over a month!

I've only just discovered this forum too :D

choc_soldier

Coach
Catching the ball with a hat, to me, is like playing cricket at school with rubbish bins as wickets, and the keeper just picks up the bin in line with a wide delivery, so the ball can still hit the bin, and the batsman is "out", bowled.

It's cheating! :lol:

Cric_life777

Juniors
You can run 5 (provided ball doesn't cross the rope), or you can get 5 as a result of overthrows (in this case, even if the ball crosses the boundary),

Latest posts