What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

dimitri said:
But Olympic Park isnt a new ground its just an old ground getting updated

Old ground isn't getting updated. Storm gets a new stadium build over the current carpark and AFL training field next door.

Macca

Coach
The Sharks have 2 major developments happening.

The $9.6 million grant from the federal government will be used oto upgrade player facilities and to build a new stand extending from the ET stand around to the scoreboard.

There are also plans to develop the existing Leagues club to include serviced apartments, aged care centre and top rate sporting facilities. I believe this includes new stands either side of the Peter Burns stand.

choc_soldier

Coach
Penrith Stadium involved extending and improving the western grandstand (from the modest one that was opened in the mid-70's, that was close to being condemned if you believe what some people said), as well as giving it a "cleaner" appearance on the outside, and also a new playing surface. The western grandstand now includes the football office and training facilities, that were up until last year located on the other side of Penrith.

The grandstand itself is not completed yet - it should be completed by our last home game (Round 26 v Dogs), but the terrace seating in front of that is open.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why don't the Leagues clubs play for new ground developments? I heard they made a profit of tens of millions, where does that profit go (I know SOME goes to junior footy or the NRL franchise but there must be tens of millions that goes somehwere else). Are these seperate profit making companies or are they there to service the needs of RL in the area? If the latter surely it would be in there remit to spend their ill gotten gains on new stadia.

***MH***

Bench
here are the planned developments for Shark Park....
dump.jpg
:crazy:

RABK

Referee
EAS western stand only has 5 years to go until it has to be demolished for safety reasons. There will be a mirrored grandstand of the new eastern stand built.

Both the southern and northern hill will also eventually have a covered stand built behind them.

Capacity 30,000-35,000.

mattyg

Bench
IMO EAS should have the new Eastern? stand built the entire way around the ground. That would probably increase the capacity to 40k, and make it the best league stadium in NSW.

BrisVegas

Juniors
In commemoration of the Gold Coast Titans playing their final game out of Gold Coast Stadium here is an update on Skilled Park.

Construction of the ground is ahead of schedule and coming in under budget thanks to a good run of weather over the past year.

Most recent pictures of the stadium as of June:
http://www.msfa.qld.gov.au/files/pdf/June2007images.pdf

You can clearly see how close the Railway station will be to the stadium in the 1st and 3rd pictures.

Also announced by the premiers office last month was:

Mr Beattie also announced today that a second function room would be fitted out at Skilled Park.

“As a result of project cost savings to date, the Major Sports Facilities Authority will reinvest these savings into a second 500 person function room at the Gold Coast’s newest venue,” he said.

“This will benefit the Titans on match days and also increase the venue’s ability to host additional non-event day functions throughout the year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
gong_eagle said:
Handy having a Premier that supports your team, even how useless this Yemma bloke is

Hate to break it to you, but Iemma's "team" isn't Manly. He's got 9 teams and 6-7 or more grounds to look after in that respect... and while I agree Brookie needs some serious work - Beattie has it easy when he only has three NRL standard grounds to worry about ;-)

Sideline

Juniors
Timmah said:
Hate to break it to you, but Iemma's "team" isn't Manly. He's got 9 teams and 6-7 or more grounds to look after in that respect... and while I agree Brookie needs some serious work - Beattie has it easy when he only has three NRL standard grounds to worry about ;-)
We know that. If he was a supporter of manly and the peninsular, he'd do something about Public transport other than create bus lanes on overcrowded roads to the city. We've got no chance of funding even though we all pay taxes. We're not getting our fair share of the tax dollar in infrastructure improvments.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The only thing I think I've heard about transport infrastructure on the Northern Beaches lately is something about changing Metroad 10 to the Metroad 8. God knows why :lol:

Frederick

Staff member
There was an article in the local paper that said work on the next stage of EAS redevelopment is due to begin within a month or two. It includes redeveloping the south western concourse in the same style as the eastern concourse, as well as the building of new player changerooms, media room, etc etc, and is slated to cost around $5 million of our state provided $30 million

The Tank

Bench
Frederick said:
There was an article in the local paper that said work on the next stage of EAS redevelopment is due to begin within a month or two. It includes redeveloping the south western concourse in the same style as the eastern concourse, as well as the building of new player changerooms, media room, etc etc, and is slated to cost around $5 million of our state provided $30 million

Just a question - what is the planned final capacity of EAS? Hopefully over 30k because I believe Newy will pack the place out on a regular basis with improved facilities.