What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Walker - Does he desrve a contract?

Should Chris Walker be signed for 2007?

• Yes

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

sheet_ed

Juniors
I must admit the bugger has made me eat my words in thepast couple of weeks. After being "ordinary" for the first half of the year the guy is now getting back to being a 2007 consideration.

He is playing for match payments at the moment - shoul he be offered a contract?

Dani

Immortal
Aside from a few errors i think he's been pretty good for us.
He's playing much better than he has with other clubs in past seasons.

LESStar58

Referee
Hell yes he does....

His problem is he's likely to be stuck behind Slater, Ingliss, Quinn, King and Geyer next year!

Its as shame they dont play an outside back off the bench bt I think he's doing well enough to get a contract in 07. But if some other club wants him its hard to say Chris doesn't deserve it!

shadow grinder

First Grade
played good last night....but apart from that hasnt done anything special...hasnt done anything to bad etheir....but his defence and handling are still pretty sh*t.

if he can fix them up then give him a contract, pay him very little and keep him at the bears untill we need him around origin and injury time.

Hard to decide on...he has played well in the last few weeks but I would probably give him a 1 year contract ???.

Walker is a confidence player...when he was younger he cut a lot of teams apart with his speed but times has changed and he has had to work hard to change his style.

Best buy of the year IMO, he's had many fans eat their words. 1 year contract is what I'll give him though, with a 1 year option at the club's discretion.

Earl

Coach
I'd give him one yes. He's been a handy player with injuries/origin.

Will come in handy again next year.

Call me crazy but I reckon Bellamy should teach him to play the halfback or standoff role !!!...he is fast and has a good pass but his kicking game would need strong focus. Would be a good backup next year for Cronk. His brother who plays for Souths could also give him some tips on playing in a pivotal role (his bro plays hooker).

Thunderstruck said:
Best buy of the year IMO, he's had many fans eat their words. 1 year contract is what I'll give him though, with a 1 year option at the club's discretion.
I reckon Mick Crocker is and I'm hoping Ben Cross will be.

Chriss Walker has been playing
great of late.

shadow grinder

First Grade
walker the best buy? he hasnt done anything. scored a couple of good tries..but thats bout it...he has been solid...cross with only 3 games has proven a better buy IMO.

shadow grinder said:
walker the best buy? he hasnt done anything. scored a couple of good tries..but thats bout it...he has been solid...cross with only 3 games has proven a better buy IMO.

Cross is a better buy but Walker was signed for peanuts so has been better value for money.

shortland hasn't done much for the club. best buy of the year IMO = value for money and chris has shown his worth around 5 times over

shadow grinder

First Grade
shortland hasnt been given the chance.

what has walker done that is worthy of a contract? why pay him to play at the bears for most of the season? he isnt better then quinn or geyer at the moment...not better then slater, inglis or king ethier...so i cant find a starting spot for him.

MONY

Juniors
If Crossman isnt our best buy of the season I will eat a f**kin Walrus....

I throw up a little bit when I hear you people saynig Walker is our best buy of the season...

Shame on all of you!

shadow grinder

First Grade
crossman, cross, crocker....all our best buys.

walker has been the best replacement buy.....if that makes any sense.

MONY

Juniors
Hope you are not talking about walker.... The bloke finds it difficult to play in the QLD cup sometimes... Every single player in the storm 17 at the moment is better than Walker...