What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs have amazingly found some money for Natt Miles, and to re-sign Grimaldy...

The Preacher

First Grade
Well, I don't follow the Dogs, and I want them to get towelled tonight, BIGTIME, but one thing I do know, as fact, is that they have one of the best junior development programmes in the NRL.
I am involved with the dogs juniors, in a coaching role with one of the clubs, and I played the majority of my juniors there, my son is also playing in CBJRL, and they do look after and nurture their juniors, somrthing the Roosters haven't done anywhere near as good and never will.

bulldog

Bench
eelsta said:
good to see some loyalty in the game

Well he hasn't signed yet, and as much as I'd love him to stay he'll practically be guaranteed a starting spot should he sign elsewhere, that has to be hard to resist. All this paranoia from chook just because the Dogs decided to make an offer that is heavily weighted toward future earnings to a quality player they would hate to lose.

Danish

Referee
I think its safe to say the Senior club that does the least for its juniors is Souths.

On another point, i fail to see how the loss of Asotasi would matter. He is still on chicken feed contract at the moment isn't he??

Either way, a $700K increase in the cap certainly helps and club.

The Preacher

First Grade
Danish said:
I think its safe to say the Senior club that does the least for its juniors is Souths.
On another point, i fail to see how the loss of Asotasi would matter. He is still on chicken feed contract at the moment isn't he??
Either way, a $700K increase in the cap certainly helps and club.

I thought that would be more of a Roosters payment than a Dogs fee.:fist:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
marshall stalin said:
What a load of Rubbish as the Roosters have developed 90% of the players and have purchased very very few established players - fittler/morley/anasta/harrison/finch are a few - bulk developed by the Roosters clown if you knew anything -Minichiello/Cross/Soliola/Soward/Tupou/Shillington/Wing/fletcher/ricketson/bonetti/cayless
etc are examples

Concentrate on your own club
cayless is from parra mate and from memory wing started at souths :crazy:

The Preacher said:
Well, I don't follow the Dogs, and I want them to get towelled tonight, BIGTIME, but one thing I do know, as fact, is that they have one of the best junior development programmes in the NRL.
I am involved with the dogs juniors, in a coaching role with one of the clubs, and I played the majority of my juniors there, my son is also playing in CBJRL, and they do look after and nurture their juniors, somrthing the Roosters haven't done anywhere near as good and never will.

And you have a vast knowledge of the Roosters Juniors and how they operate do you?? - i think not.

Kids in the eastern suburbs have career aspirations and will be your doctors /laywers/accountants/economists/captains of industry etc etc where as kids in your area have welfare aspirations as basically generation after generation has lived off the hard working tax payers from areas such as the eastern suburbs . You don't need much grey matter to be a league player which is why your area and other such areas - penrith/campbelltown etc have much much larger junior league's. Also they dream of the possibility of getting out of these slum areas and one day living in such places as the eastern suburbs. Alas for most this will never happen.

hineyrulz said:
cayless is from parra mate and from memory wing started at souths :crazy:

cayless was a fringe player at parra and at the roosters was developed into an international player- ditto wing - a player of some promise playing in a very average team a souths - he was developed into a origin/international player at the Roosters. wing really struggled for most of the first year 2000 as he had to virtually be retrained on how to play such was the lack of basic skills souths players have.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
marshall stalin said:
cayless was a fringe player at parra and at the roosters was developed into an international player- ditto wing - a player of some promise playing in a very average team a souths - he was developed into a origin/international player at the Roosters. wing really struggled for most of the first year 2000 as he had to virtually be retrained on how to play such was the lack of basic skills souths players have.
now wing is playing in a very average side at the roosters ;-) and cayless saw the light and got the hell out of bondi enjoy :D

Chook

First Grade
bulldog said:
Well he hasn't signed yet, and as much as I'd love him to stay he'll practically be guaranteed a starting spot should he sign elsewhere, that has to be hard to resist. All this paranoia from chook just because the Dogs decided to make an offer that is heavily weighted toward future earnings to a quality player they would hate to lose.

You'd know all about paranoia. The zest with which you dog supporters have altered posts, thrown insults and generally ignored my point has me thinking that being caught as cap rorting cheats must still burn pretty hot with you lot.

Oh well, at least this thread was another chance to witness you Rooster baggers to beat each other off.

Chook.

mattyg

Bench
it doesn't burn us as much as your mob sitting at 14th on the ladder burns you mate. For the record "Natt Miles" is spelt Nate Myles, and "Grimaldy" is spelt Grimaldi. I don't see why Nate would want to ruin his career by going over to the roosters. If he does that he can say goodbye to his Origin jersey in 2007.

_Johnsy

Referee
Good on dogs management for keeping the majority of their forwards together. Job well done

mattyg

Bench
Would have loved to keep all 6 of Tonga, Maitua, Asotasi, Myles, Armit and Patten, but we have definately kept 4 and possibly 5 of the big 6. To be honest we kept the priorities as well. Maitua and Armit have a big future, and we lacked a bit of depth in the backs so keeping Tonga and Patten and signing Millard was a great decision. Next year is a big worry though. SBW, O'Meley, El Masri, Utai and Holdsworth are all off contract. Hopefully we can use the increase in the cap to keep some of them guys.

ibeme

First Grade
Just to address some points:

1. Asotasi is an international now. He's been at the Bulldogs since he was about 16 I think. His current contract is pretty low compared to what most internationals are on, which is why he now has to leave. The Bulldogs couldn't afford to keep him and Myles now that both are demanding representative salaries.

2. The salary cap is going up next year, meaning that clubs can actually increase what they're paying players, which means larger offers.

3. Reportedly, the Bulldogs offer is on a sliding scale. I understand that Myles has been at the club since he was 15/16 (I could be wrong), meaning that he's not far away from being able to earn a loyalty dispensation, which may be calculated into the sliding contract.

4. Grimaldi has decided to stay for one more year. I think that his alternative option was to retire, so it's not as if he's going to be making a mint in his final year. I'd reckon that he's on the same or less than before.

5. I read somewhere the other day that Holdsworth's contract is only 55k. He went to the Bulldogs because Steve Folks basically offered him a first grade spot. Anasta was leaving, and Trent Barret was in front of him at the Dragons. He went for the opportunity, and he's proven to be the buy of the season.

Latest posts