What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints V Canterbury this Fri Night!

redVgirl

Juniors
johnsy you can't blame actual doggies fans for the behaviour of those troublemakers. no one wants that sorta crap in rugby league, including 99% of canterbury supporters.

christ i cannot stand a large proportion of dragons fans. every club has its wanker element.

borat

Bench
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Actually mate I never said anything bad about your backs, and I said that your halves, when you are at full strength, are definitely quality. What I did say was that:

a) Dragons fans have a cry constantly about how hard done by they are over injuries (year after year after year)
b) Our forward pack is stronger

Dragons are a quality side, there is no denying that, and the best chance you've had in a while is this year. However there are plenty of teams in this competition who, "at full strength", would either beat or be too hard to call against the Dragons - the Storm, Cowboys, Broncos and Dogs.

Look in honesty I've got nothing against the Dragons, I think you're a good squad and it'll be a good game, and ultimately a good finals series. I wish you all the best. I just think that morons like _Johnsy should at least qualify their statements without shooting their mouths off.

Well as the Storm is the only team out of those 4 to beat us this year I think not.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
borat said:
Well as the Storm is the only team out of those 4 to beat us this year I think not.

Actually when those teams are at "full strength" (like your compatriot suggested), they would all have a very good chance, and it would certainly make for some good competitions. Dragons aren't *that* good mate, to the point where the Storm, Cowboys, Broncos and Dogs wouldn't have a chance. It'd be a pretty silly thing to say they were.

When you played the Broncos back in round 4 they were but a shadow of their former and indeed their current self; they were way out of form and while they pulled off some arguably lucky victories, they certainly weren't playing good footy. The 2nd time around, a 2-point victory is hardly dominant - and I still don't think we've seen the best of the Broncos this year.

The Dogs and Dragons haven't met yet, so we'll have more fuel for the fire after tonight.

The Storm beat you on the only occasion you met, and the Cowboys - well, their current problems are well publicised. Midway through this season, beating the Cowboys is hardly something to cheer about. However they've got a great team on paper, and started '06 well, so if they hit their straps they will be very hard to beat.

All I'm saying is that there are 4 or 5 teams in this competition who, when fully fit and in form, would be very, very hard to call.

I love the Dogs, and think we're a great chance this year, but there's no way I'm about to put the life savings on a game against the Dragons/Cowboys/Broncos/Storm !!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I qualify the following statement with evidence in this thread:

Any Dragon fan who resorts to bringing up crowd violence, Coffs allegations, Salary cap etc - feels very insecure and unsure of a victory tonight and as a result resorts to off-field jibes.

Bulldogs by 6.

P.S. F**k me, fire up Doggies!

borat

Bench
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Actually when those teams are at "full strength" (like your compatriot suggested), they would all have a very good chance, and it would certainly make for some good competitions. Dragons aren't *that* good mate, to the point where the Storm, Cowboys, Broncos and Dogs wouldn't have a chance. It'd be a pretty silly thing to say they were.

When you played the Broncos back in round 4 they were but a shadow of their former and indeed their current self; they were way out of form and while they pulled off some arguably lucky victories, they certainly weren't playing good footy. The 2nd time around, a 2-point victory is hardly dominant - and I still don't think we've seen the best of the Broncos this year.

The Dogs and Dragons haven't met yet, so we'll have more fuel for the fire after tonight.

The Storm beat you on the only occasion you met, and the Cowboys - well, their current problems are well publicised. Midway through this season, beating the Cowboys is hardly something to cheer about. However they've got a great team on paper, and started '06 well, so if they hit their straps they will be very hard to beat.

All I'm saying is that there are 4 or 5 teams in this competition who, when fully fit and in form, would be very, very hard to call.

I love the Dogs, and think we're a great chance this year, but there's no way I'm about to put the life savings on a game against the Dragons/Cowboys/Broncos/Storm !!!!

Whatever the result tonight we play again in 5 weeks so I won't be getting carried away win or lose.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
borat said:
Whatever the result tonight we play again in 5 weeks so I won't be getting carried away win or lose.

Won't hear any arguments here!!!

Unless of course we win, and then this is the definitive game of the season :D

However I think I'll wait for that post until tomorrow! (just in case!!!)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

Imagine the bragging rights should one team* win both games...

*N.B: Bulldogs :D

mxlegend99

Referee
I hope it's a draw. I tipped Dragons... more because it's so close so i went the home team. But really... a draw would make this thread a riot :D And have people nitpack the decisions that could've made it end that way.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I think the Dogs will win this now. Ryles out is a massive loss. If the dogs win the foward battle then the backs have enough points in them to win the game.

Canterbury

Juniors
no utai (our best back without a doubt)
no grimaldi (our best tackler without a doubt)
no armit (most underrated forward in the NRL)

our depth should cover this thogh

The Preacher

First Grade
Canterbury said:

Yep, one thing I can't stand is an uncovered thogh !!!:shock:

0neye

THE DRAG QUEENS HAVE NO CHANCE
WOOF WOOOOF WOOOOOOOF DOGGIES
BY 55 ;:)crazy:)

mardi_gras_drag.jpg

DOGS06.jpg

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Canterbury said:

Utai our best back - you surely MUST be joking. What he does well is made up for due to his lack of height and poor performance under the high ball. Look at the Warriors game - he was terrible.

Anyway I heard Armit should be playing.

Canterbury

Juniors
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Utai our best back - you surely MUST be joking. What he does well is made up for due to his lack of height and poor performance under the high ball. Look at the Warriors game - he was terrible.

Anyway I heard Armit should be playing.

no jokes.

yeah if you go off recent form utai doesn't look so good

but look at the bigger picture.. an in form utai = danger for every team.

good to hear armit should be playing.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Canterbury said:
no jokes.

yeah if you go off recent form utai doesn't look so good

but look at the bigger picture.. an in form utai = danger for every team.

good to hear armit should be playing.

True dat man, Utai has been quality over the years. He needs to relax a bit this year though, we definitely need him in the squad.

p.s. my "thinking he's not our best back" call shouldn't be taking too personally, he *is* playing alongside some quality players - Tonga and SBW! Pretty tough competition!!!