What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad Dog signs with Knights

MONY

Juniors
Newcastle has lost one favourite son but regained another after signing disgruntled South Sydney winger Adam MacDougall and granting veteran centre Matthew Gidley a release to join Super League club St Helens.

MacDougall, who won two premierships with the Knights in 1997 and 2001, will return to Newcastle for the 2007 season with a further option on his incentive-based contract for 2008. MacDougall will bring a wealth of experience to a Knights backline next season that will lose not only Brian Carney to new NRL franchise Gold Coast and Anthony Quinn to Melbourne but also longtime centre Gidley to the UK.

:D

Thank god !!!...now Newcastle can pay his medical bills.

Dustin Cooper: had a lot of potential when at Storm but limited opportunities. He is a big lad who could easily cover Wing, Centre or back row.

Lucas

Juniors
I really liked the lad, but haven't paid much attention to his progress whilst at Newcastle. Another ex-Stormer is available in Henry Perenara. Not so keen on him! :D

Lucas said:
I really liked the lad, but haven't paid much attention to his progress whilst at Newcastle. Another ex-Stormer is available in Henry Perenara. Not so keen on him! :D

Perenara is average and too small for first grade...Cooper would be very handy.;-)

Surandy

Bench
kia ora storm said:
Thank god !!!...now Newcastle can pay his medical bills.

Dustin Cooper: had a lot of potential when at Storm but limited opportunities. He is a big lad who could easily cover Wing, Centre or back row.

Dustin Cooper? I liked the guy but I heard rumblings that he didn't get along so well with others in the team.

Cranky

Juniors
Surandy said:
Dustin Cooper? I liked the guy but I heard rumblings that he didn't get along so well with others in the team.

I heard he was a bit of a big head. That would be as welcome as a fart in a crowded elevater down at the Storm ;-)

Bicey_18

Bench
LESStar58 said:
Good!

Hope this means we can keep Chris Walker.

Looks like Walker is heading to Newcastle or Tigers.....

STORM winger Chris Walker is set to join the exodus of players from Melbourne. Walker has had limited opportunities in the top grade and is understood to have held talks with Newcastle and Wests Tigers.

Foxsports.com.au

shadow grinder

First Grade
Bicey_18 said:
Looks like Walker is heading to Newcastle or Tigers.....

STORM winger Chris Walker is set to join the exodus of players from Melbourne. Walker has had limited opportunities in the top grade and is understood to have held talks with Newcastle and Wests Tigers.

Foxsports.com.au
awesome!

MONY

Juniors
Lucas said:
Clueless!

How is he clueless.. you are the clueless one...

You think Walker is some sort of exceptional player. You think we have the 5/8 position covered easily.

Yes, Walker is quick but he is terrible in defence. Is prone to injury and makes a bundle of errors too..

Clueless Lucas...... has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

shadow grinder

First Grade
Lucas said:
Clueless!

Yeah....we are really going to miss a HAS BEEN who has played all his footy in feeder clubs this year. If he is still the great player tha the used to be...then he should have easily beaten Turner or Webster for the position.

Lucas

Juniors
You boys had a pre-conceived idea of Walker before he came to the club and refuse to give him any credit for what he has done. FWIW, I don't rate Walker very highly but he has done exceptionally well when given opportunities this year. Not bad for a player being paid peanuts.

In case you drones hadn't noticed, we have lost 2 good backs in Turner and Webster and only brought in Quinn. If Walker leaves too we now have very little cover in the backs. Even less if Geyer or Inglis has to play 5/8.

I'm not saying Walker is a world beater, far from it. But all things considered he has done his job for us and deserves more credit than you 2 have given him.

MONY

Juniors
so.........hopefully he goes to the Tigers.. Much rather give some junior a go.. Smith Samau, Isaac Kaufmann, Ryan Shortland etc

shadow grinder

First Grade
exactly...i prefer samau or shortland...both havent had the chance to improve but they have been ripping it up in Q cup for a year or two now...and they have wraps on them from with-in the club. They would be cheaper and have much more footy left in them.