What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Nicolau - Can't wait

Juniors
I'd just put down my copy of rugby league week reading about this young kid jackson nicolau from brissie norths, there was a print talking about how melbourne have secured his services and he is ear marked for scott hill's departing 5/8 role, and as i do i've done my research and alot of things have made me feel like things are just going to get better for the storm once this kid arrives in town, these things inparticular caught my eye:

- Jackson is a utility player, very handy in any line up
- Jackson's at a very tender age is already playing QLD cup open age reps, and carving up along the way, yesterday he scored twice from the BENCH to steer city to a a 22 - 18 win over QLD country, and this isnt some outback game, the cream of the QRL play in this fixture
- Jackson is a very, very competent goal kicker, not a bad trait to have.
- In the article in RLW, he is being tipped to be the next greg inglis of the competition :D
- he's from innisfail, you cant go wrong with a young prodigy from innisfail :)

these are all very exciting points, and i for one cannot wait to see this kid in a storm jersey, i see him every weekend on the norths try sheet, and its reminding me of a time when i heard of a young kid named greg inglis, who topped the qrl tryscorers list off 16 games and was named QRL player of the year, and was heading our way.

Does anyone have anything to share about this kid, has anyone actually seen him run around? coz i'd love to hear about it!

He should be a welcom addition to the Storm list.

Knowing Belamy he'll start the kid off slowly so he gets a great start to his NRL carera. :D

MELROO

Juniors
Great with the ball in his hands, only one problem "CAN'T TACKLE" had a terrible game against Burleigh last week.

shadow grinder

First Grade
LESStar58 said:
Don't forget yet another spectaclar spot by Peter OSullivan!! :D

wonder how long we got sullivan for...seems to have been around forever....hope he doesnt ever leave!

Cranky

Juniors
MELROO said:
Great with the ball in his hands, only one problem "CAN'T TACKLE" had a terrible game against Burleigh last week.

The one thing you can teach anyone in league is to tackle. Steve Renouf was terrible in his early years at the Broncs. In his last 5 or so years he was regarded as one of the competitions best defensive centers. Still had all his flair as well.

The coaching staff at Melbourne will fix this kid's technique in the off season.

Juniors
From melbournestrorm.com.au

Nicalau agreed to a two-year deal with Storm this week and is tipped to next year replace Hill at pivot, with the foundation five-eighth set to play out his career in England.

"Jacko is a really good young kid," Slater said last night.

"I knew him up in Innisfail and he has really worked hard on his game since coming to Melbourne.

"It is a big chance for him to play in a game like this.

"There will be a fair bit of pressure on, but he is very skilful and calm under pressure and there is no doubt he has a big future."
Nicalau will be one of two Storm contracted players in the Queensland residents side. Prop Scott Anderson, who has fought his way back from a career-threatening neck injury, has been named in the front row. :D

parra pete

Referee
Read Joel Thompson story in today's RLW..Another Peter O'Sullivan discovery..He (Peter) is the Storm's best assett. There is not a talent spotter like him.
I have posted on these forums about Joel before. His dad is a good mate of mine..His father, Mick, was a good footballer with the Raiders and in the bush..Joel has inherited his ability...and what's more he's a good level headed kid..

parra pete

Referee
Joel Thompson has been selected in the Australian Schoolboys team to tour England at the end of the Year.....
Australian Schoolboys Team Announced

AUSTRALIAN SECONDARY SCHOOLS RUGBY LEAGUE
18 YEARS TEAM
Corporate Sports Australia Tour of Wales, England and France

STATE NO. NAME SCHOOL
1 QLD 13 Jay Aston Brisbane State High School
2 NSWCIS 9 Joel Brown St Philip's Christian College Waratah
3 QLD 6 Luke Capewell Redcliffe State High School
4 QLD 4 Israel Folau Marsden State High School
5 NSWCCC 7 Liam Foran Marist College North Shore
6 QLD 2 Obadiah Geia Kirwan State High School
7 QLD 17 David Hala Southern Cross College
8 NSWCCC 1 Chris Lawrence St Gregorys Campbelltown
9 NSWCIS 10 Tim Mannah Christian Community High School
10 QLD 10 Will Matthews Palm Beach Currumbin State High
11 NSWCHS 18 Luke Muttdon Kiama High School
12 NSWCCC 13 Joseph Paulo Patrician Brothers, Blacktown
13 NSWCCC 6 Mitchell Pearce Marist College North Shore
14 QLD 11 Kevin Proctor Palm Beach Currumbin State High
15 NSWCCC 12 Timothy Robinson Patrician Brothers, Blacktown
16 QLD 7 Chris Sandow Marsden State High School
17 QLD 9 Nathan Strudwick John Paul College
18 NSWCCC 3 Ratu Peni Tagive St Gregorys, Campbelltown
19 QLD 8 David Taylor St Brendan's College, Yeppoon
20 NSWCCC 4 Joel Thompson Red Bend Catholic College, Forbes21 NSWCCC 8 Aiden Tolman St Paul's Kempsey
22 QLD 1 Shannon Walker Palm Beach Currumbin State High
23 QLD 12 Jeremiah Walters Marsden State High
24 NSWCHS 2 Cameron White Oxley High School

Coach: Simon Huntly NSWCCC
Team Manager: Andrew Peach QSSRL
Tour Manager: Stephen Duclos NSWCHS
Trainer: Craig Brennan NSWCCC

The_Savage_1

Juniors
1999 said:

Nicalau agreed to a two-year deal with Storm this week and is tipped to next year replace Hill at pivot, with the foundation five-eighth set to play out his career in England.

"I knew him up in Innisfail and he has really worked hard on his game since coming to Melbourne.

"There will be a fair bit of pressure on, but he is very skilful and calm under pressure and there is no doubt he has a big future."
Nicalau will be one of two Storm contracted players in the Queensland residents side. Prop Scott Anderson, who has fought his way back from a career-threatening neck injury, has been named in the front row. :D

hmm interesting

LESStar58

Referee
Theres a news article on LUs main page now....

Apparently he's very similar to the late, great Peter Jackson.

LESStar58

Referee
1999 said:

Jackson could have been one of the lesser known instances of the fallout from removing the anti-tampering deadlines....

Old news buster. Everyone was surprised when he signed with the cowboys because just days before he agreed to terms with the storm for a 2 year deal IIRC.