What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarrad Hickey

Steel Dragon

Bench
Is Jarrad Hickey the real deal?

Will he play much first grade footy in 2007 and will he be a starter or mostly off the bench?

Sub Question - How does the 'dogs pack likely shape up for next year?

(Im not trolling - just trying to get Doggies' fans opinons on Hickey)

Dogaholic

First Grade
Hickey is the real deal mate, he is a great talent.
He is a huge lump of a lad, looks a little over weight - still gets multiple hit ups in sets of six. Is very keen, puts his hand up and very hard working. Has been described as a young Darren Britt.

Well we have (With Myles and Asotasi gone):

Shrek - Who walks into a starting spot.
Armit - I think he will get the next starting spot
Hickey - Will take a bench spot and move into a starting spot when Shrek is off on Origin duty
Green - Bench spot.

The future looks bright for Hickey at the Dogs. I might be wrong, but if he sheds 5-10kg in the off season to add some speed into his legs he will be absolutely awesome!

Dogaholic

First Grade
oh and to add to that....

SBW
Maitua
Ryan
Mason

Morrin
Mcilwain

Those in bold are certainties for spots
Those not lucky enough might figure in first grade now and then.

skeepe

Immortal
I've been quite impressed with Hickey. Doesn't get the wraps on him that others in the team have, but from what I have seen is every bit as important.

atomic_crimson

Juniors
I read an article with hickey recently where he speaks of being overweight as a kid and how hard he is working to get that down, and that with another off season under his belt he is hoping to shed more.

When i saw him first play FG for the dogs I began to care less and less that nate was leaving. Hickey will almost certainly get that bench spot adn the fact he just re-signed for two years means we do not have to worry about losing him anytime soon. I think hickey will be part of the dogs future - he is a dogs junior who has worked his way up through the ranks.

laurie

Juniors
yeah hes a dogs junior. St Chrissies boy !!

hes my mates LITTLE brother and yeah as a young fella he was huge, not mobile and honeslty never thought i'd see the day when he played for the dogs let alone first grade...

its amazing wat a bit of dedication,committment and a good family can do for ya....

hope he does really well.. hes deserves it

ByRd

First Grade
For me, our pack in 2007 should look like this:

8. O'Meley
9. Grimaldi
10. Mason
11. Sonny Bill
12. Ryan
13. Maitua

14. Hughes
15. Armit
16. Hickey
17. Mcilwain/Morrin etc.

Mase

Juniors
I'm a big fan of Hickey and i do think he will gain a regular bench spot for next season:

8.Mark O'Meley
9.Corey Hughes
10.Chris Armit
11.Willie Mason
12.Andrew Ryan
13.Tony Grimaldi

14.Sonny Bill Williams
15.Ben Roberts
16.Reni Maitua
17.Jarred Hickay

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Jarrad Hickey has cut a swathe through Premier League forward packs this season in a struggling side, well before his First G debut.

Who knows if he can go on and reach 'O'Meley Heights' at the Bulldogs - But I can honestly say - He fully deserves his shot in the top 17. And next season, with oppirtunities opening with the departure of Asotasi - with Chris Armit likely to move into Aso's place in the starting 13 - Hickey is 'first cab off the rank' for the Dogs bench...through 2006 performances alone!

Also look for Jamie Small to break into the Dogs top 17 during 2007 - this kid is hard as nails and a deadset O'Meley clone!

>zuzu<

Juniors
Personally my FP 07 would be:

8. Shrek
9. Grimaldi
10. Mason
11. SBW
12. Ryan
13. Matuia

14. Armit
15. Hickey
16. Hughes/Perry
17. McIllwain

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Koups is still unsigned for 2007. Has had an up & down year in Premier League - Although I know the coaching staff think quite highly of him. Not sure if they intend to re-sign him or not, though.

Look when we lost Price Roy stepped up to fill the breach. Now Roy is leaving I expect Hickey to do likewise. He has shown that he has talent and is still very young in "prop" years. Reminds me of Darren Britt. Not flashy but a big lump of a lad.

hendrix

Juniors
Hickey has been quite good in his appearances in first grade this season... but i want to see how he performs next year after a full off season with the 1st grade squad... i think he'll be quite a performer and will cement a spot in the Bulldogs top 17

8. O'Meley; 9. Hughes; 10. Mason; 11. Williams; 12. Ryan; 13. Maitua... 14. Roberts; 15. Armit; 16. Hickey; 17. Morrin/Grimaldi

Chris Columbo

Juniors
With the arrival of Kane Cleal who is keen as mustard to become a starting player i think our pack is looking good for next season. Most of our recent signings have actually come looking for contracts at the dogs which makes me really happy. I think what we need now is to know we have someone willing to make a huge impact in the backs. Emilio is looking better with every game and most of our fill ins this season have looked decent but not outstanding. Id love to know more about this Crisp guy. Seems like the only back weve signed so far. Does anyone know if hes a good prospect?

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Backs we have signed for 07 are Crisp and the Millard brothers.

The Canberra fans I have come accross since we signed him were all quite annoyed & disappointed to be losing Crisp.