What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons game "knocked the stuffing" out of Bulldogs

Doctor

Bench
Rest assured, I'm not trolling. I spoke to a good friend of one of the Bulldogs players today who said the Bulldogs were travelling well except for the aftermath of the Dragons game. I thought the Bulldogs came out looking pretty good after that game, after dominating with their big men. Gee you've got some tough blokes down your way in any case.

But what was interesting was that the player admited that the Dragons game had "really knocked the stuffing out of them", and that they were feeling sapped of energy. I suspect its a symptom of the long season which many players talk about, and not just rugby league players, but I also found it interesting in terms of how the Bulldogs are travelling.

They seem to be shaping up fairly well, really muscling up in the big games and imposing themselves on the opposition. But even the games that they look like they've dominated still, it seems, take their toll. I still think they're looking better than many other teams at this stage of the season. But you have to wonder how on earth the Dragons felt after that game if the Bulldogs are admiting how much the game took it out of them.

So all the best for the season, and in the finals. My team is struggling a bit for consistency and are very unpredictable. In fact, I owe a mate of mine a beer the next time the Knights play the Bulldogs... but I told him I'm not sure how likely it was that we would meet again this season. Wait and see.

Lancelot Link

Juniors
No doubt that did take a lot out of them - both physically & mentally!

But as for how the Dragons felt, and what we took out of them - well the proof is in the pudding! They got stuffed by the Raiders. And we kept the Roosters scoreless in a match for the first time since 1994 with a very strong defensive display! Despite clearly being anything but at our peak in the game.

That'll do me......
;-)

C.P

Juniors
I too feared that the physical game would take it out of both sides last weekend. We were just better off than the Dragons i guess in that we played a very inept Roosters side, they played a committed Raiders team. The proof also is in the fact that Folkesy elected to give Shrek an extra weeks rest.
Willie Mason was interviewed after the roosters game on Fox and he looked very relieved when talking about the bye to come and a week of rest for the boys. Its come at a good time

Doctor

Bench
C.P said:
We were just better off than the Dragons i guess in that we played a very inept Roosters side, they played a committed Raiders team.

I agree. I didn't see the game against the Roosters but I'm told the Roosters were very ordinary. That said, though, you would think even an ordinary team should score some points. I'm sure the Bulldogs liked the 25-point margin, but probably the more pleasing thing would be keeping a team completely under-wraps for 80 minutes and preventing them from registering even a consolation try.

I'm longing for the day when my Knights can get a steely defensive structure and intimidate teams with not only an incredible attack but a defensive resolve.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
My only comment would be that any performance against the Roosters, for any club, should not be taken as an example of form.

The 2006 Roosters are absolutely pathetic. One of the worst teams I've seen in a long, long time. Its hard to get pumped up for a game against such miserable opposition.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Roosters talked the talk all week and all they delivered was a weak knee which made them even weaker for the last 13 minutes.

pathetic display.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think it was good, but I think it wasn't intended in the way it worked. I think the NRL meant for us to have a sh*t run home starting with the Cowboys but didn't bank on them sucking balls.

Canterbury said:
Full props to the NRL for the great timing of our bye this year.

Don't think we could have picked a better time TBH. Absolutely spot on. Still gives us enough time to keep that momentum going before the finals while allowing for some rest and recouperation.