What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breathe easy Saints... NRL Round 23 - ref appointments

mickdo

Coach
brendothejet said:
i was about to complain about the ref appointments and bias towards certain teams....

then I realised they are all absolute spuds with no ability whatsoever.

Who has walked away from a game this year sayng "that ref was brlliant!"

didn't think so....
You don't need to walk away saying they were brilliant. I reckon as long as you walk away saying nothing at all about them then they have done a good job.

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Great. Mr. Bean tends to be our donkey & cane the Bulldogs whenever he refs us!

Just have to make sure we get out by enough points so that he and his whistle can't make any difference! Just as Saints should do when they draw Clarkey! ;-)

Ice777

Bench
Hutty1986 said:
Still going on about Origin III?? The Hodgson call was the correct one [The Storm got the advantage of this Vs Dragons 2 weeks ago] and the No-Try for the Qld strip was fair

Well i guess it just depends on which state you come from and what you deem as correct. Being a Victorian, therefore nuetral my opinion was that Hodgson knocked it on. Of course i wouldn't expect a New South Welshman to agree with me which is fair enough, because if i was one i'd probably be seeing things as well, or in this case of the knock on not seeing things ;-)

once i found out we had hampstead, i freaked out a bit but if we keeps our penalty rate down, and dont give away silly penalties we should be okay..

petetheileet

First Grade
he should do a gud job...

and ice being a victorian doesnt necessarily make u nuetral and being a storm supporter definately doesn't make you nuetral..

Lancelot Link

Juniors
petetheileet said:
he should do a gud job...

and ice being a victorian doesnt necessarily make u nuetral and being a storm supporter definately doesn't make you nuetral..

I agree. Ice777 lives in his own little world though

There was NOT ONE angle that showed conclusively the ball touching Hodgson's hands. And the 'Benefit of the Doubt Rule' (Though rarely and insconsistently applied) comes into play there. And until they change them - that's the end of that story!

As for the strip it was CLEARLY the correct decision as well.

Even so, Qld were far too good on the night, so these are moot points - but rules are rules. But some people just like complaining because they can - right Ice?? ;-)

Ice777

Bench
Another New South Welshman who agrees with the decision. Gee what a surprise :lol:

Fatdog

Juniors
If your a dragon supporter i dont think your main worry is the ref. How about some of the blame for your loss go to your players. Why not blame Colin best for his hopeless defence or matt bickerstaff for his two knock ons or why not blame your coach for picking matthew head when he obviously isnt 100%.
or are these errors the refs fault as well.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Ice777 said:
Another New South Welshman who agrees with the decision. Gee what a surprise :lol:

Get your anti-NSW agenda out of the way for half a second here

Under the letter of the law, the calls were 100% correct.. Funny you weren't complaining about the knock-on rule when Matty King scored a crucial try vs Dragons a couple weeks back :roll:

You say you're neutral, but most Mexicans tended to go for the Toads in SOO this year

Ice777

Bench
Hutty1986 said:
Get your anti-NSW agenda out of the way for half a second here

Under the letter of the law, the calls were 100% correct.. Funny you weren't complaining about the knock-on rule when Matty King scored a crucial try vs Dragons a couple weeks back :roll:

You say you're neutral, but most Mexicans tended to go for the Toads in SOO this year

Which one was that? The one where the ball bounced off Hoffman's chest, who regathered and passed it to Cronk who then passed to King to scor ethe try? If that's the one i can't see where the knock on was, as i understand the rules the ball is allowed to bounce off the chest and not be deemed a knock on.

As the replay clearly showed it bounced straight off his chest. That's not anti NSW agenda nor is it Melbourne Storm bias, even blind Freddie could see the try was fine and well within the rules. I'm not sure aboutsome blind Dragons fans though :lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Ice777 said:
Which one was that? The one where the ball bounced off Hoffman's chest, who regathered and passed it to Cronk who then passed to King to scor ethe try? If that's the one i can't see where the knock on was, as i understand the rules the ball is allowed to bounce off the chest and not be deemed a knock on.

As the replay clearly showed it bounced straight off his chest. That's not anti NSW agenda nor is it Melbourne Storm bias, even blind Freddie could see the try was fine and well within the rules. I'm not sure aboutsome blind Dragons fans though :lol:

Yes, off the chest is fine.. which is what happened in Origin III.. which was my point in the first place :sarcasm:

Ice777

Bench
Hutty1986 said:
Yes, off the chest is fine.. which is what happened in Origin III.. which was my point in the first place :sarcasm:

I can see the point you were trying to make, but to me it looked like it came off his arm hence why i thought it was a knock and i have plenty of friends there that think the same thing. But even though we all see the same picture, that doesn't mean we see them the same things ;-)

and why would i be complaining about the knock on rule in King's try when it was blatantly obvious to all who seen the replay that it came off no other part of the body but his chest? There was no indecision, there was no conjecture, it was the only call that could be made. Can you categorically say the same thing about the decision in Origin III? I think not :-k

Latest posts