What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NRL Suggestion Box Thread

ThrashViking

Juniors
What i'd like to know is where is a junior league system in new zealand?
It's a MISSION to find a junior let alone senior League club in Capital city let alone the country areas
The Warriors are the 2nd biggest sporting franchise after the All Blacks-Theres kids who want to play in the black & silver,and look up to Stacey Jones as an icon but they have play the next best thing Yawnyawn
Cant the NRL help our grass roots?

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Why I proposed we all get together and send emails to the NRL. A few wont cut it. Hundreds upon hundreds might. At the worst they'll know we care about the game.

Pick a day and we'll flood the NRL with emails about our concern's and idea's for the game.

Maybe you guys need to contact your CEO's from your clubs as well. We need the NRL to stand up and take notice of the one thing that keeps the game going. Us, the fans.

If nothing happens, we keep doing it 'till we MAKE it happen. We ring. Fax. Phone. Letter's. Unite and stand outside the NRL's office till Gallop faces its fans.

All For One and One For All? Or are you guys going to tack a backward step again and ignore it?

Le Rouge

Juniors
Now That the Yawnion World Cup is over its now th NrL's turn to step it up a notch...

Yawnion proved it

Australian Idol also proved it

u need to OVER HYPE yourself

talk some shite up

marketing is what the game needs more exposure "channel Nine ;-) "

Stick it the peoples faces and they love it

Mark Rudd

Juniors
"If nothing happens, we keep doing it 'till we MAKE it happen. We ring. Fax. Phone. Letter's. Unite and stand outside the NRL's office till Gallop faces its fans.

All For One and One For All? Or are you guys going to tack a backward step again and ignore it?"

No responces.

Now I know why I wasn't a Muskateer.

ibeme

First Grade
Mark Rudd said:
"If nothing happens, we keep doing it 'till we MAKE it happen. We ring. Fax. Phone. Letter's. Unite and stand outside the NRL's office till Gallop faces its fans.

All For One and One For All? Or are you guys going to tack a backward step again and ignore it?"

No responces.

Now I know why I wasn't a Muskateer.

If I knew of an effective way of contacting the NRL and ARL, then I'd be doing it. Unfortunately, the only way I know of contacting the NRL is via the feedback form on www.nrl.com.au. I'm not confident that this contact method caters for suggestions on promoting the game. I've used it a couple of times, with no response.

Does anyone know of a more effective contact?

ibeme said:
If I knew of an effective way of contacting the NRL and ARL, then I'd be doing it. Unfortunately, the only way I know of contacting the NRL is via the feedback form on www.nrl.com.au. I'm not confident that this contact method caters for suggestions on promoting the game. I've used it a couple of times, with no response.

Does anyone know of a more effective contact?
Nah your right. That feedback thing is useless. I think the best would be to send letters in the post. It also will look like more effort is being put into it.

I was thinking of sending one "big email/letter" with all our suggestions put in. But it would be better to 'flood' NRL headquarters with our suggestions or...DEMANDS. We could plan one week where everyone sends their letters. It will make it look like it was all planned. Everyone should have their letters ready then we'll make a check or roll call of who's going to send a letter...then fire away!

Does anybody know who's on the board of the NRL? We should sent emails to different members...even make copies of your letter and send one to each member...make even more copies and send them to the CEO's (and board members) of each NRL club...and high profile players, radio stations...Then Gallop will relise that we're fair dinkum...I"M EXCITED!!

Hoggy

Bench
sullyfan said:
Get rid of that ridiculous Golden Point rule. Teams have 80 minutes to get a result which is enough time and so a draw and a point each is fair enough.

I reckon they should do what they did in the RWC with the extra time and not just first scorer wins.

Oh and from a Victorian point of view...if NSW crowds for Tests don't get past 25,000, why can't Victoria have one and pack the place out?

ibeme

First Grade
Hoggy said:
sullyfan said:
Get rid of that ridiculous Golden Point rule. Teams have 80 minutes to get a result which is enough time and so a draw and a point each is fair enough.

I reckon they should do what they did in the RWC with the extra time and not just first scorer wins.

Oh and from a Victorian point of view...if NSW crowds for Tests don't get past 25,000, why can't Victoria have one and pack the place out?

I live in Sydney, but it would be good to see a big crowd turn up to a test match in Melbourne. The NRL/ARL are scared they'll get burnt and embarrassed by lack of support, but if they actually decided to promote it properly, I think it could really work.

Unlike union, we have an actual NRL team in Melbourne, so to have a successful international match in Melbourne would not be a flash in the pan interest. It would encourage some people to go to Storm matches. Rugby has came, taken their money, and left. Victorians have nothing but memories to carry on with. With league, they have a team to follow.

Hoggy

Bench
ibeme said:
Hoggy said:
sullyfan said:

I live in Sydney, but it would be good to see a big crowd turn up to a test match in Melbourne. The NRL/ARL are scared they'll get burnt and embarrassed by lack of support, but if they actually decided to promote it properly, I think it could really work.

Unlike union, we have an actual NRL team in Melbourne, so to have a successful international match in Melbourne would not be a flash in the pan interest. It would encourage some people to go to Storm matches. Rugby has came, taken their money, and left. Victorians have nothing but memories to carry on with. With league, they have a team to

Summed up beautifully and it will stay the same until Victoria get a Super 12 team.

In a way that will be good because it's another team for me to follow but in another way it will be very very bad because they will try to kill of league down here. (I'm looking at you John O'Neill you arrogant git.)

Le Rouge

Juniors
The NRL has to create a better agreement with CHannel 9
these guys are the gateway to the expansion of the game and at the moment they ain't doin the job correctly.
channel 9 needs to imporve coverage to the other states in AUS

Maybe the NRL could regain another free to air game for saturday cos at the moment 2 free to air games a week isnt enough to keep the game fresh in peoples minds......

Coverage needs to be huge the more games on free to air the better
even a post week highlights show or somethin during a late midweek night or somethin aswell

And more Great games should be on foxtel to recap on the earlyer times

Le Rouge said:
even a post week highlights show or somethin during a late midweek night or somethin aswell
That's what the Footy show is meant to be for...except they'd rather dress up as clowns or whatever. If Gallop was fair dinkum he'd do something about it. Don't tell me that the Footy Show promotes the NRL...it promotes stupidity and makes RL into one big joke :x