What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

INXS to Headline the Grand Final

Lantana

Juniors
Australia’s biggest name in rock INXS will join the Hoodoo Gurus in headlining a spectacular entertainment program for the 2006 Telstra Premiership Grand Final on Sunday October 1st.

With a career spanning more than 25 years and over 35 million records sold, INXS are unquestionably one of the world’s great bands.

Back in Australia for their “Switched On” tour, INXS have been revitalized with lead singer J.D Fortune earning rave reviews during the band’s successful tour of North America.

The “Switch” Album is approaching double platinum status and with sold out concerts across the country, INXS are certain to be one of the most anticipated artists to ever play at the Grand Final.

“INXS are without doubt one of Australia’s leading musical acts,” NRL Director of Marketing and Commercial Mr Paul Kind said.

“Few bands in the world can claim to have the influence INXS have had on the music industry over such a long period of time and we are absolutely thrilled to have them perform at the Grand Final.”

The Hoodoo Gurus will open the Grand Final show, performing their classic track “Wipe out” to officially welcome the Gold Coast Titans into the 2007 Telstra Premiership. The Gurus will be joined on the ground by more than twenty of the Gold Coast Titans inaugural team including Scott Prince, Preston Campbell and Anthony Laffranchi.

‘We thought it was important to recognise the Titans and celebrate their entry into the 2007 competition. We felt the best way to welcome them was by asking the Hoodoo Gurus, who have created the games anthem, to perform while they are introduced to the crowd.” Mr Kind said.

The 2006 Grand Final entertainment program continues the high standard rugby league has set in recent years.

The line up of Australian and international stars who have performed at NRL Grand Finals includes Chris Isaak, Pete Murray, Grinspoon, Rogue Traders, Kelly Clarkson, The Veronicas and Hugh Jackman.

Awesome move....

Macca

Coach
Excellent. Both great bands of their time.

The new INXS is growing on me too.

skeepe

Immortal
Oh for f**ks sake. I f**king HATE INXS. I truly have bad luck with grand finals. Only ever been to one other, in 2002, and we all remember what happened with the entertainment that night.

Nickeel

Juniors
skeepe said:
Oh for f**ks sake. I f**king HATE INXS. I truly have bad luck with grand finals. Only ever been to one other, in 2002, and we all remember what happened with the entertainment that night.

"I LOVE MY LEEEAGGUE!"
- Billy Idol.

Nick

Angry_eel

First Grade
skeepe said:
I seriously hope you're not referring to the Veronicas as punk.
well whatever they are they look like punk to me. if they were depressed i would even call then EMOs.

Lantana

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
One word.

Yuck.

Why not The Ferrets?

Or Supernaught?

Someone with talent.....

i aint getting into a slanging match with you and your opinion is...well..your opinion...but down hose down and Australian group that has been in the industry and pumping out hits for longer than you have been on the planet. See where it says 35 million records....35,000,000 that equals credibility. The Ferrets and Supernaught, yeah great bands at the moment...come see me in 5 years and tell me about them.

INXS - Iconic Australian talent that along side AC/DC have help put this country on the world stage.
I applaud the NRL for this aquisition. Not a big fan but I have listened to their best of stuff and they have a some good material.

skeepe

Immortal
Angry_eel said:
well whatever they are they look like punk to me. if they were depressed i would even call then EMOs.

Try pop mate. Don't besmirch punk with their foulness.

spider

Coach
Nickeel said:
"I LOVE MY LEEEAGGUE!"
- Billy Idol.

Nick

Now that was a piece of "major event" success - bring him back and hopefully we can hear him this time.

Lantana said:
i aint getting into a slanging match with you and your opinion is...well..your opinion...but down hose down and Australian group that has been in the industry and pumping out hits for longer than you have been on the planet. See where it says 35 million records....35,000,000 that equals credibility. The Ferrets and Supernaught, yeah great bands at the moment...come see me in 5 years and tell me about them.

INXS - Iconic Australian talent that along side AC/DC have help put this country on the world stage.
I applaud the NRL for this aquisition. Not a big fan but I have listened to their best of stuff and they have a stack of good material.

INXS weren't my cup of tea when Hutchence was leading them and now they have a nuffy leading them they don't seem to be many people's cup of tea. From what I've seen of them lately they are absolute sh*t and just expect people to like them because of who they are.

They're pretentious noise-polluters who deserve oblivion as quickly as possible.

Supernaught and The Ferrets were 1970's bands.

Google is your friend.

skeepe

Immortal
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
INXS weren't my cup of tea when Hutchence was leading them and now they have a nuffy leading them they don't seem to be many people's cup of tea. From what I've seen of them lately they are absolute sh*t and just expect people to like them because of who they are.

They're pretentious noise-polluters who deserve oblivion as quickly as possible.

Quite possible the truest thing written on these forums for some time.

Godz Illa

Coach
I didn't like Kelly Clarkson then but I do now. The NRL should have waited a couple of years. Since You Been Gone woulda been siiik live.

Latest posts