What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan

gallagher

Juniors
I say get him on board.

Get rid of our deffensive coach and give Flano the job with the possibilty of him being the head coach for '08 and Sheens being the coaching director for that year.

He's too good of a talent not to look at.

Eddie.

Bench
Easts defence was great this year.

Sheens knows these young guys coming through better then anyone. He will be in charge for some time and rightly so.

Sheens is the man until 2009, after that he has indicated he would like to take on a role of coaching director. Geez, we scored one of the best and most experienced coaches in the game, a coach who took us to a premiership in just 3 seasons and is bringing through the young talent for our future, and you want to replace him.

colonel_123

Juniors
gallagher said:
I say get him on board.

Get rid of our deffensive coach and give Flano the job with the possibilty of him being the head coach for '08 and Sheens being the coaching director for that year.

He's too good of a talent not to look at.

Royce Simmonds is the current defensive coach?

Would you like to see him dumped?

(Flanagan was assistant coach for the Roosters this season after coaching Jersey Flegg (2004) and Premier League (2005) and they conceeded the most points ever by a Roosters side)

That said I think Flanagan has a good future in the game, just not sure where you'd fit him in on the current Wests Tigers staff...

bjm8

Juniors
Eddie. said:
Easts defence was great this year.

I havent got time to go looking to confirm this but i heard somewhere that Easts this year had their worst defensive record in 99 seasons of football. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

gallagher

Juniors
colonel_123 said:
Royce Simmonds is the current defensive coach?

Would you like to see him dumped?

(Flanagan was assistant coach for the Roosters this season after coaching Jersey Flegg (2004) and Premier League (2005) and they conceeded the most points ever by a Roosters side)

That said I think Flanagan has a good future in the game, just not sure where you'd fit him in on the current Wests Tigers staff...

yeah I'd rather Flanagan to Simmons.

I cant see Wests giving Royce the top job after Sheens decides to move on and he's not doing a good job as a defensive coach. No-one can dent that. So why have him?

Flanagan is a young bloke who's had success in the lower grades and seems destined to be a first grade coach at some stage.

AS for the chooks bad defense. Was Flanagan the defensive coach?

bjm8

Juniors
not sure mate, i dont know a whole lot about him myself. i believe he was the assistant coach. you really think hes good enough to go from assistant coach of the worst defensive team to the assistant coach then head coach, ahead of premiership winners in sheens and simmons? your insane.

gallagher

Juniors
bjm8 said:
not sure mate, i dont know a whole lot about him myself. i believe he was the assistant coach. you really think hes good enough to go from assistant coach of the worst defensive team to the assistant coach then head coach, ahead of premiership winners in sheens and simmons? your insane.

You say I'm insane but by your theory do you think Sheens was insane by replacing a premiership winning centre in Elford with a reserve greade centre in Collis.

AND I'm not saying sack Sheens. I'm saying groom someone for the job when Sheens wants to move on. Royce aint gonna get it!!!

No-one has still told me if he was defensive coach or not. He may have been, I dont know, but how about you lay the blame of the roosters defense on his lap when you know if that was his responsiblity.
Absolutely I blame Simmons for our defense this year( with the players of course), he sat back and let Sheens applaud him for our effort in defense late last year. Shouldnt he be held accountable now?

Gillespie is/ was the defence coach at the Roosters and has been for a number of years.

Mcrae is the coach for your lot along with Katinas as Sheens will be going to the Broncos.

melon....

Coach
gallagher said:
yeah I'd rather Flanagan to Simmons.

I cant see Wests giving Royce the top job after Sheens decides to move on and he's not doing a good job as a defensive coach. No-one can dent that. So why have him?

Flanagan is a young bloke who's had success in the lower grades and seems destined to be a first grade coach at some stage.

AS for the chooks bad defense. Was Flanagan the defensive coach?
Are you mad? Flanagan wasnt the defensive coach, that Bulldog softie Gillespie was. His methods only worked when yuo use fibre glass shoulder pads.

Flannagan looked good in Flegg 2004, becuase a points scoring freak, Soward, did it all for him.

bjm8

Juniors
Bennett to Roosters
Stuart to Storm
Bellemy to Broncos.

Nice little love triangle there. Probly more likely than Sheens to broncos too. :lol

Collateral

Coach
You guys have some good coaches in your lower grades anyways.

Ray Windle is a great coach...should be given a crack at JF.

marshall stalin said:
Mcrae is the coach for your lot along with Katinas as Sheens will be going to the Broncos.
Sheens is signed up till 2009 you goose, be sure of your facts before you make a dumb uninformed comment :lol:

ozzie

Bench
and contracts mean nothing ask Stuart, McRae, and others on the merry go round this year

Latest posts