What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switch Gasnier and Hodges?

grouch

First Grade
Australia needs Hodges on the right side to utilise his dangerous right foot step. Gasnier spent a large portion of the season floating all over the field anyway - he is not restricted to one side - and he is capable of stepping off both feet.

Just imo

lockyno1

Post Whore
Not sure. I think you will see Hodges on the right side at some point of time during the series anyway. Gasnier's flick is usually best from the right side though.

Razor

Coach
Hodges did nothing last night. Dump him from the team. Ditto Hunt

Inglis to fullback
Hayne on the wing
Lyon in the centres

salivor

First Grade
Razor said:

Inglis to fullback
Hayne on the wing
Lyon in the centres

Hunt was one of the best players on the field. Please do tell us how you're not bias when it comes to anything Broncos related. You're a parody of yourself, now run along.

nqboy

First Grade
"Hodges did nothing last night" LOL Razor. Your petty bias continues to shine through.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hunt was MOM.

Hodges did his job without being outstanding.

Notice how the kiwis never kicked to Inglis?

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor f**k off...you talk more shyte than some door to door salesman trying to sell Encyclopedias.
Hodges was dangerous in attack everytime he had the ball.

Nightward

Juniors

Obviously you missed Hodge's cobra weaving and the fact he played a hand in just about all our tries. He was also more solid in defence.

Gasnier's lucky he managed that length-of-the-field intercept, because otherwise he's be making way for Inglis and tate.

Hunt scored two tries, was unshakable under the ball, and was Man of the Match.

But hey, whatever.

Mr Saab

Referee
In the oppositions "red zone" yes.
As for Hunt doing nothing, what did you want him to do? Make 4 line breaks, run for 990m and score 4 tries? Would that get the Razor "I live in fanasy land seal of approval"????????
A fullbacks role is not primarily about the pretty stats you see in the papers the next day...it is the little things like organising the defensive line and calling opposition plays and directing the defensive line.
But of course you wouldnt know much about that would you....why...cause you know sweet f**k all about league.
Now please...run along to 4 corners and talk shyte in there.

Razor

Coach
As for Hunt doing nothing, what did you want him to do?

Please mention where I said this? I never said Hunt did nothing. I said Hodges did nothing.

All I said was Hunt should be dumped from the team. Inglis is a better fullback than Hunt.

This is what I mentioned several weeks ago, - that Broncos fans invent things that they claim others said, when the other person said no such thing.

But of course you wouldnt know much about that would you....why...cause you know sweet f**k all about league.

I know way more than you

Rod

Bench
I will say as a Kiwi fan that every time Hodges touched the ball last night I shat my pants, in my view he was extremely dangerous every time he got the ball.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Razor is just stiring I think. With Brisbane and Qld wining he has no where to go anymore. He can only revert to writing junk just to annoy and get a reaction. At least say when he had a go at lockyer about playing 5/8, there was a little truth in it. Now he has nowhere to go.

Big Pete

Referee
Razor is just trolling, agreed.

Hodges needs to be switched, he played well, but he could be better on the right. Gasnier didn't prove anything to say why he should have preference.

Hodges bombed a few tries, gave away a penalty when Gaz ran a good line and all he had to do was pass it to him, If I was Justin, I would be very nervous about keeping my spot, and his relationship with Sticky won't help him much at all

Mr Saab

Referee
Have a cry Razor because that wont be happening.
They are not going to make changes to a team that won 30-18 (would have been more if the vid refs knew the rules and allowed the Inglis try)
Maybe forced changes through injury, but Hodges is going nowhere.

Latest posts