What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA V Japan - Coffs Harbour - 26.1.06

roopy

Referee
Photos by me.

coffsweekend332.jpg

coffsweekend331.jpg

coffsweekend330.jpg

roopy

Referee
rlinternational said:
I had no idea they played eachother this year. Was it a full 13 a side match or was it a 9's game or 7's??
It was a full international - but the USA side contained Newtown Jet Alf Duncan (carrying the ball in first few pictures) and former Raider Brandon Costin (bald guy in first few pictures) - who certainly added to the class of the side.
On the down side, most of the best players in the US didn't tour, and probably many good Japanese players were unable to tour as well.

mtngry

Juniors
Many japanese only get ten days of vacation a year, which are often difficult to take. So if you take a few days off to train and then have a 10 day tour, you have a lot of explaining to do to the family and company.

When the Yanks were meant to play in Japan in 2003 ( but pulled out) it meant that lot of our top players
had no vacation time to make the test in America.

mind you in '03 a lot of our best players were uni students and the tour was during exams so they could not come either.

But anyway, the number of players on teh filed and their positioning looks like 13s to me.

What was teh score?

crimpo

Juniors
Yes this was a full international - played as part of the festival up at Coffs Harbour. The big 7s event there also tends to try to feature a few full games - as a curtain-raiser to the festival I think. The USA v Japan game was part of a triple-header one of the other fixtures being Fiji v Maoris. In 2005 Fiji played the Cook Islands at Coffs Harbour in a similar scenario.

geateArgupt

Juniors
Dang and I thought I could last a year with the last post on this subforum Name: MionicDonutLocation: Illinois USATime Available: When Im not working.

Titanic

First Grade
The ARL give nothing but promises and headaches in their current format ... bring on the commission without Ribot.

bobmar28

Bench
I heard about the AFL's 'big game' in China that was played yesterday and how they are going to recruite Chinese players (talk about wishful thinking).

Does anyone here know about the current situation re league in that country?

Latest posts