What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Test Thread

Rustay

Juniors
Timbo said:
Drop MacGill? His bowling was unreal today in 39 degree heat. And Hogg!?!?!?!? My God what are you smoking??? My prediction for the bowling attack in the 3rd is:

8-Bichel
9-Lee (If he's not fit then Matty Nicholson)
10-Bracken
11-MacGill

I hate MacGill, i just want him as far away from the Test Match side as possible. Go away Stuey.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We still scored over 100 :D

Well done India, it is our bowlers struggling not theirs which is what I predicted.
We scored enough runs to win a Test match, but did not bowl India out twice for around than 600, which is what we have been doing to win.
The pressure is on. Bring on boxing day.

Matt23

Staff member
Lee and hopefully McGrath will be right for boxing day...if not dont be surprised to see Kasprowicz called up. Come Back Warnie all is forgiven!

budz

Juniors
Matt23 said:
Lee and hopefully McGrath will be right for boxing day...if not dont be surprised to see Kasprowicz called up. Come Back Warnie all is forgiven!
McGrath wont be play in the next two test matches. His ankle hasnt healed properly. It was on Sports Tonight.

Warnie's a hilarious commentator...he repeats himself alllll the time

eg..."Ohhhh that is an ab-so-lute screamer of a delivery by Stuie Macgill....oh look at that will ya..such a screamer..a screamer indeed. Just a screamer"

and the way he says "tamarraw"

Billy Birmingham's gotta be watching thise getting inspiration to bring out a new album. I'd love to hear him do Warne.

Doctor

Bench
Warnie's a hilarious commentator...he repeats himself alllll the time

eg..."Ohhhh that is an ab-so-lute screamer of a delivery by Stuie Macgill....oh look at that will ya..such a screamer..a screamer indeed. Just a screamer"

and the way he says "tamarraw"

Billy Birmingham's gotta be watching thise getting inspiration to bring out a new album. I'd love to hear him do Warne.

I reckon Billy Birmingham will be dribbling all over the place at the prospect of adding Warne to his albums.

You're right about Warney repeating himself - he really does repeat himself all the time. In fact I'm quite confident that he just repeats himself all the time. You see, right there, you can see that he just keeps repeating himself. :lol:

The best line I heard from Warney was during the Bangladesh or Zimbabwe tour - whenever he made his commentary debut:

Warne [watching a close-up replay of MacGill's leg-spinning delivery]: "Yes, as you can see there are plenty of revelations on that delivery".

Revelations is it Warney? Sounds ground-breaking..... ;-)

Alan Shore

First Grade
Kasprowicz should come and replace Bichel. Gillespie and Williams should be fine.

We lost it with pathetic batting, but I believe we still would have won if Gilchrist caught Dravid when he was on 4!

Azkatro

First Grade
I think Tubby must have been on the sauce yesterday too. He and Richie were commentating when the delivery that didn't bounce at all was bowled and he didn't even notice it, suggesting maybe that Ganguly got an edge or something. Then you hear his great surprise when he watched the replay! :lol: Shortly after that he said something like it was 4/189 when it was really 4/149 or similar.

I think they took him off a little while after that :lol:

Southernsaint

Staff member
Tubby has had too much exposure to clowns like Lawry & Greig - he was even going on about the possibility of a tied Test when India were level with 5 wickets in hand...

Cheers,
Ben S.