What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gamepad recommendations??.... games noob

fester

Juniors
im not a heavy gamer... in fact i very rarely play any games at all so when i do it's mostly sports games. But this NRL game was a must-get one. Playing it with the K/B controls just doesn't feel right for me. you get RSI after a while. Any recommendations for a suitable gamepad for playing NRL game and also Cricket 2004??

PS. i don't own any games console (PS1, PS2, XBOX,etc..)

Matt M

Juniors
I have a Gravis Gamepad Pro, but it has a serial port so it won't work on my current PC. I'm going to get the one with the USB so I can use it. Its just a Playstation controller (4 buttons on front, 4 on the top) but none of those twirly sticks (whatever you call them). If you want one I really recommend it.

NPK

Bench
If you have Windows XP the Gravis gamepads won't work - I bought one, tried to install it, it didn't work, I returned it and picked up an 8 button Microsoft Sidewinder for $30 at EB. That's what you want, 6 buttons just isn't enough.

Razor

Coach
NPK said:
If you have Windows XP the Gravis gamepads won't work - I bought one, tried to install it, it didn't work, I returned it and picked up an 8 button Microsoft Sidewinder for $30 at EB. That's what you want, 6 buttons just isn't enough.

That's what I have but I bought it for $15 at EB.

I am looking at buying the Logitech Rumblepad.

NPK

Bench
When in the game would they rumble? When making a huge tackle, when being smashed in a huge tackle? Any other times?

EWS

Juniors
I have a Gavis Gamepad Pro. Its exactly the same as PlayStation controller. I stronly reccommend it. I have the USB one, I got it from GW for $20.

Hey I pre-ordered the game but havent got it yet, just wanna ask a question in regards to a gamepad.

Do u need an 8 button gamepad or will a 6 button one do, or will that mean there are things in the game u cant do???

does thatmake sense????

Razor

Coach
NPK said:
When in the game would they rumble? When making a huge tackle, when being smashed in a huge tackle? Any other times?

I think a game has to specially support it for it to Rumble. I don't think this game would.

The EA Sports games do.

Do u need an 8 button gamepad or will a 6 button one do, or will that mean there are things in the game u cant do???'

Yes you need an 8-button gamepad.

that sucks about the 8 button gamepad, cause i only got a 6 button one, is it possible to play with a 6??
also whats a good cheap 8 button one to get?

Razor

Coach
Unknown Pleasures said:
that sucks about the 8 button gamepad, cause i only got a 6 button one, is it possible to play with a 6??
also whats a good cheap 8 button one to get?

If you can still find the MS Sidewinder get that. It's been discontinued so it's marked down, but they are hard to find now.

Matt M

Juniors
EWS said:
I have a Gavis Gamepad Pro. Its exactly the same as PlayStation controller. I stronly reccommend it. I have the USB one, I got it from GW for $20.

Does it work on XP?

EWS

Juniors
Matt M said:
EWS said:

Does it work on XP?

Yes, it most certainly does. I have XP.

NPK

Bench
That site does deliver to Australia (they have Australian dollars listed against each price), but I don't know where else they can be found...