What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Final Test Thread

knights04

Bench
If MacGill plays another test again it will be too soon
Back to the pavillion MacGill :arrow:

ozbash

Referee
i reckon it will be over today, one way or another...

india should declare and i expect a couple of huge inninings from ponting,gilly and hayden.

400+ today ?
hope so, be good to see waugh go out as the fighter he is..... 8)

Anonymous

Juniors
7-705 what a joke of a captain Ganguly is. He has no regard what so ever to play attacking or positive cricket. Anybody who has 600+ runs on the board should be giving their bowler a decent chance to win the game.

RockyShark

Juniors
I think Gangully has played his hand - he's going for the draw. Doesn't matter what Australia do with the bat now - Gangully will not risk going for a win with a sporting 2nd Innings declaration.

He's just set test cricket back 20 years. :evil:

ozbash

Referee
he,s going to bowl aussie out twice.

he must have a lot of confidence in his bowlers.

Anonymous

Juniors
Pathan, Agarker, Kumble and Kartik?

They won't bowl Australia out once. Especially now that Langer has got past the new ball bowling of Agarker.

The only thing left in this game is for Australia to bat them selves into he record books.

I'm tipping 0/550 at the end of tommorow with both Hayden and Langer pushing for 300 on day 5 :D

RockyShark

Juniors
ozbash said:
he,s going to bowl aussie out twice.

he must have a lot of confidence in his bowlers.
On this wicket? It appears to be an almost perfect batting wicket. The scaredy-cat is going for the draw, rather than making a game of it.

Anonymous

Juniors
Dunno what all the insults of ganguly were about. The idea was to put Australia under so much pressure under a huge score, and it worked. Very clever decision to steal those 50 runs this morning imo.

Doctor

Bench
kaon said:
The ball to Gilchrist was certainly a ripper.

Without having seen it, it is one of several deliveries by left-arm fast bowlers that have snuck through Gilchrist's defences. It sounds like it was virtually unplayable, but Gilchrist already has an existing problem against left-armers or right-armers around the wicket at his stumps - right through the gate is the usual way.

As for SCG MacGill - any bowling success he has is nullified by his terrible fielding 'skills'. I spent much of the pre-summer defending his bowling record. His bowling hasn't been up to scratch this summer, but more importantly is that he would have needed to take two or three more wickets to make his selection worthwhile with all the dropped catches.

Catches win matches, and MacGill has contributed towards the loss of a match.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Oswin said:
As for SCG MacGill - any bowling success he has is nullified by his terrible fielding 'skills'. I spent much of the pre-summer defending his bowling record. His bowling hasn't been up to scratch this summer, but more importantly is that he would have needed to take two or three more wickets to make his selection worthwhile with all the dropped catches.

Catches win matches, and MacGill has contributed towards the loss of a match.

Can't bowl, bat or field. Please let this be the last time he wears the baggy green [-o<

Doctor

Bench
The issue is really not about his individual figures, but the overall package. Shane Warne can field (in the vital area of slips), is handy with the bat and sure can bowl. MacGill is struggling in everything except for bowling, but having said that he is still not up to standard and is bowling far too many loose balls.

Please find enclosed sig :arrow:

Latest posts