What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Final Test Thread

ozbash

Referee
El Duque said:
antonius said:
El Duque said:
antonius said:
El Duque said:
Pity that Brent Bowden is one of the worst umpires I've seen. Dunno why the commentators are praising him. He should take his Circus antics and piss off.
Why is that El? I haven't noticed him make any mistakes yet.

Two wrong no ball calls and a bullsh*t wide. That's just in the last few overs.
The wide was a wide, what wrong no ball calls?

Not the out one but two no balls after that the foot could clearly be seen behind the white line.

I wouldn't feed him.

now, now el dribble puss, billy is a bloody grouse umpire and has taken you aussies minds off the impending thrashing..
wait till tomorrow,, he usually goes right off on the last day and has been known to recite spike milligan ditties between overs into the stump microphone..

fascinating character.... :D

El Diablo

Post Whore
ozbash said:
El Duque said:
antonius said:
El Duque said:
antonius said:
El Duque said:
Pity that Brent Bowden is one of the worst umpires I've seen. Dunno why the commentators are praising him. He should take his Circus antics and piss off.

Not the out one but two no balls after that the foot could clearly be seen behind the white line.

I wouldn't feed him.

fascinating character.... :D

If you were trying to diagnose him maybe.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Oswin said:
El Duque said:
antonius said:
El Duque said:
antonius said:
El Duque said:

I wouldn't feed him.

Law 24.5 ' Fair Delivery - the feet'

"...if the umpire at the bowler's end is not satisfied that both these conditions (behind line and not touching return crease) have been met, he shall call and signal No ball"

There is no room for ambiguity allowed in these decisions - any umpire who doubts that the bowler is behind the line should, by the laws, call and signal No ball.

Great match from Bowden.

Like I said, the foot was behind the line on replays.

Doctor

Bench
Earl said:
Was that you carrying that banner around Oswin, or are you just ripping it of?

;-) :lol:

No. I claim absolutely no credit for the banner, the slogan or any associated laughter as a result. I don't consider myself to be ripping it off or stealing it - just confirming my support of the concept of our very own lord of the spin.

"BRETT LEE, BRETT LEE, YOU KEEP TELLIN US YOU DONT CARE IF YOU BOWL NO BOLLS, YOU JUST WANNA BOWL FOST. WELL YOU'RE GONNA LEARN SON"

"OHHH HES DROPPED HIM"

It shouldn't be left to a commentator to tell Brett Lee how immature his bowling is. Bottom line: it is immature, there is no other way to describe it.

Staying behind the bowling crease is fundamental to taking wickets - you cannot take a wicket as a bowler without staying behind the crease. Why then is one of the world's best bowlers, the second fastest bowler, giving easy runs and let-offs to world batsmen.

Deja Vu just within this match - Ponting playing Katich's role by dropping a relatively easy chance in the slips. They're falling apart - if he had him the first time by staying behind the popping crease, Ponting wouldn't be left to drop catches - not that I take any blame from Ponting for dropping it.

Terrible fielding contributing towards a loss for Australia.

Doctor

Bench
El Duque said:
Oswin said:
El Duque said:
antonius said:
El Duque said:
antonius said:
El Duque said:

I wouldn't feed him.

"...if the umpire at the bowler's end is not satisfied that both these conditions (behind line and not touching return crease) have been met, he shall call and signal No ball"

There is no room for ambiguity allowed in these decisions - any umpire who doubts that the bowler is behind the line should, by the laws, call and signal No ball.

Great match from Bowden.

Like I said, any doubt is given to the batsmen - Bowden, by watching Lee's feet at that speed and being that far back from the crease, had doubt about whether he was behind the line.

The opinion that the foot was behind the line is irrelevant.

2nd wicket falls:

Another wicket gone - Gillespie catches India 2/70 odd

antonius

Coach
El Duque said:
antonius said:
El Duque said:
antonius said:
El Duque said:

I wouldn't feed him.
I like him, great for the game.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Oswin said:
El Duque said:
Oswin said:
El Duque said:
antonius said:
El Duque said:
antonius said:
El Duque said:

I wouldn't feed him.

Great match from Bowden.

Like I said, any doubt is given to the batsmen - Bowden, by watching Lee's feet at that speed and being that far back from the crease, had doubt about whether he was behind the line.

The opinion that the foot was behind the line is irrelevant.

2nd wicket falls:

Another wicket gone - Gillespie catches India 2/70 odd

There was no doubt imo.

Finally MacGill gets a wicket :shock:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
India declare.

Australia need 440 runs at 4.7 per over with over 90 overs to get them.

Steve Waugh to hit the winning runs about 5:45 PM on day 5.

kaon

Juniors
Warne wouldn't have made much of a difference, he averages well over 50 against India.

ozbash

Referee
is that so,, still got a way to go to catch bwetty, he,s climbing up to round 200. :D

Yeah Lee is no Bond. Thats for sure 8)

Just wait till you see Billy Bowden in the one dayers. He REALLY spices it up then...especially his wide calls. LMAO hes the man.

The Colonel

Immortal
Given the team's loyalty to Waugh, the form of Ponting, Hayden, Langer and Katich and the fact that few players in the game deserve such an ending I would not be surprised to see the Aussies give the total a fair shake.

They have to put pressure on Kumble from the first ball tomorrow morning as he is the bowler most likely to end any hope they have of acheiving such a mammoth total. Under pressure Ganguly tends to play defensively and if they are able to get on topp of Kumble early he may be inclined to open the field up allowing the one's and two's as opposed to the Australians having to look for the boundary for their runs. The pitch is still playing well and if Hayden and Langer can get away to a good start in the morning - much the same as the start from day three a serious challenge can be mounted.

The Colonel

Immortal
Well at some stage in history someone has to score over the 400 odd that is the record. If there was ever a better time than tomorrow is it. It is near impossible - but its not completely impossible.

RockyShark

Juniors
Colonel Eel said:
Well at some stage in history someone has to score over the 400 odd that is the record. If there was ever a better time than tomorrow is it. It is near impossible - but its not completely impossible.
Yeah - it's a big ask, no doubt, but not impossible. If we can hang on to our wickets we'll give it a fair shake, I reckon.

If Steve Waugh can't go out on a win, I think it would be more his style to finish with a loss trying for a win. That's the way he plays. I think a draw would be a complete anti-climax. Out of character.

El Diablo

Post Whore
On the 5th day of a test at the SCG it's`pretty well impossible. You'd need a belter of a wicket.

The Colonel

Immortal
Well the Indians had 210 off of 43 overs or there abouts so it is possible to score on it at a good rate. There is some spin but not a great deal and there is still fairly even bounce. If they can be around 200 - 230 at lunch with not many down its more than possible.