What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spot the difference

grouch

First Grade
rivaldo_swan_diving.jpg
gallen.jpg

060627_SN_DivingFoulTN.jpg
gallen.jpg

grouch

First Grade
Gallen is in the wrong sport. In fact I think an entirely different field of endeavour beckons...

3474376,tid=d.jpg
gallen.jpg

petetheileet

First Grade
great performances from Dykes and Gallen...

I honestly confused them for Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal

dragonfire

Bench
chili pepper said:
haha

maybe we should compare grouch with notorious poor losers

prhaps. but reality is this is a problem that is creeping into the game slowly and surely. The video refs are starting to get a little bit too involved with the general eb and flow of a game. SBW/Crockett send offs in my mind were both not warranted, the thing is if there is a supposed foul act and all the officials on the field miss it then the play should go on. There is a match review committee who will pick up things they deem inappropriate and illegal. In the last couple seasons if a players stays down for any amount of time the video ref, who at this stage must be getting pretty bored, decides to watch the tackle in slow motion and then hands out a verdict. Due to this fact some players have cottoned on and when they get anything close to what they know is a high shot decide to have a breather and act hurt thus getting there side an easy 20-30m in the process. Video referee's should only be used for tries, i hate when they overule officials and if i was a touch judge and a 40/20 was overuled i would be pretty annoyed .

Dragonheart

Juniors
Personally I haven't seen acting that pathetic since last time my daughter had 'Home And Away' on. He was made to look more convincing by the high gullibility level of referee Archer, who couldn't seem to decide on which rules he was going to enforce.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Archer is not up to refereeing a Derby if he gets sucked in like that.

Weak effort from The Scum and the officials.

dannyboy

Juniors
petetheileet said:
great performances from Dykes and Gallen...

I honestly confused them for Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal

But its you guys who are known as the dragQUEENS.

Godz Illa

Coach
I found last night's play at the open air Oki Jubilee Theatre a futile attempt at cathartic tragedy, spoilt by an inadequate ending and a cringeworthy performance by the lead actors Madame Dykes and Paula "Big Gal's Do Cry" Gallen. Young Gallen's overacting proved the adage that you don't have to be a pig to act a ham, but it helps.

Fin077

Juniors
Relax guys, it's been happening for years.

Not something you need to argue about anymore. It's over. Sharks won.......again.

Good luck next week.