What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R14 MNF - Knights v Raiders *SPOILERS*

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Bicey_18 said:
All i have read from most Raiders fans is whinging posts..... give credit were credit is due, we were the better side and were lucky not to have been beaten by more. Tongue's no try was correct, didnt ground it. Yeah, Doogs's 2nd was a no try but really to say the ref cost you the game???? Quite pathetic

That's absolute bullsh*t mate.

Most Raiders fans have conceded that Canberra were outdone. It was worth pointing out though, the monumental f*ck ups by the ref.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Actually i didnt. I tipped the knights. Would anybody tip Canberra away from home??? :D

But seriously, you though it was a no try? Well you must be the ONLY person to think that. So tell why was it a no try?

And yes mcdougalls was a no try. What makes me angry about both of these is with Tongues no try, there was a video ref and it showed tongue ground the ball. And with mcdougalls, the touchie was looking right next to him about 2 meters away!

I love my league. I watch every game, however i get annoyed when the officials stuff things up like this. Its so simple everyone saw them, but not the people that matter. Why? In soccer touchies are not afraid to blow offside, yet ours are really just for show! I hate games being decided by bad calls. Poor Melbourne copped it last year in the biggest game of all!

And Y2Eel, there must be pressure on to of the ball? How much more pressure did he need to put on it? As far as i know didnt they change the rule not too long ago that even your torso can ground it? The ball was flat, so long as he applies downward pressure, its a try. He did that. No knock on the ball was on the ground, no losing control, again, all he did was ground it.

And yeah im sour, because i cannot stand refs and officials having an outcome on the result. Their job is to rule to the book. Thats it. And i tell you they make things up as they go. Or ref with their eyes shut, becuase our refs make more mistakes than any other sport. Just watch the Union. The other night the Wallabies test against SA, the ref was Awesome.

Whats Doing

Bench
To be honest, everyone has a different view on it and it depends what coloured lense the viewer has on it. I first thought it was a try and with the replays thought the the wrist knocked the ball on.

Yes I am a knights supporter and I did think overall the better side won but only just. We can whinge all day about the refs but it won't change the result. I think the only thing we supports can agree on is that the the standard of the refs in the BRL is at an all time low.

innsaneink

Referee
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
lol. get over myself. Gee never knew this forum was filled with 12 year olds. Did you watch the game??? Can you tell me that Tonuges try was a no try? Benefit of the doubt at the least. But no it was a flat out no try. How? The ball was flat and his wrist was on it with pressure. Thats a try yes? Well than what the f**k did the merkin upstairs rule it was? As i said he did it with his eyes shut or they are simply rooting for a team. Pathetic. And is just like game 3 SOO last year.

Yeh, get over yourself.

Paint yourself as some sort of neutral observer, then go on to say sh*t like, "whoever the ref's rooting for"

The 12 yo comments ironic.

Apey

Staff member
I'll agree on one thing - the touchies have no f**king idea. They didn't call any forward passes for any team.

The no try I just felt that it wasn't grounded properly. With his momentum, despite it looking like it went back to his body, most likely went forward.

Anyway, there is no reason to argue. What's done is done. I have my opinion and you have yours, neither of them are going to change ^_^

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Yeh, get over yourself.

Paint yourself as some sort of neutral observer, then go on to say sh*t like, "whoever the ref's rooting for"

The 12 yo comments ironic.

Yeah i said that, but mate explain what that has to do with not being a neutral observer? When you see the ref constantly ref a one sided game what else is there to think? I dont care for neither of these teams, but as i said when a ref is like that i get the sh*ts. And you know why? Because i love my footy. I love the refs to be fair and let the players skill decide the match. Not some nuffie in a yellow top with a whistle. That has nothing to do with being a neutral observer. Its not like i said the Knights were sh*t and only won because the ref. I still think the better side won. Its just the ref robbed the raiders a few times. You come in here looking for trouble, with comments like that with no backbone. Do you read what you type? Or skimp posts looking for an argument. I think you need to get over yourself.

Apey i know. That try from Canberra was a deadset knock on in the play the ball. They really need to fix this part of the game up because really it makes our game look amatuer. It really does compared to the like of Union.

innsaneink

Referee
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
Yeah i said that, but mate explain what that has to do with not being a neutral observer? When you see the ref constantly ref a one sided game what else is there to think? I dont care for neither of these teams, but as i said when a ref is like that i get the sh*ts. And you know why? Because i love my footy. I love the refs to be fair and let the players skill decide the match. Not some nuffie in a yellow top with a whistle. That has nothing to do with being a neutral observer. Its not like i said the Knights were sh*t and only won because the ref. I still think the better side won. Its just the ref robbed the raiders a few times. You come in here looking for trouble, with comments like that with no backbone. Do you read what you type? Or skimp posts looking for an argument. I think you need to get over yourself.

Apey i know. That try from Canberra was a deadset knock on in the play the ball. They really need to fix this part of the game up because really it makes our game look amatuer. It really does compared to the like of Union.

yOU NEED TO STEP BACK AND TAKE A DEEP BREATH, HAVE A THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUVE POSTED... sorry caps...do you really believe refs show favouritism?
Think logically.....

What did he rule?

20m tap to the Knights, so hes ruled Tongue
*didnt ground it properly,
*his hand slipped off it,
*he didnt have downward pressure....

Looking at it, I can see his POV...

whether you or I agree with him is irrelevant...we have no say, but jesus...when you come on with "whoever the refs rooting for" basically accusing him of cheating, ....and then start an attack on someone that has a go at you for it....well, yeh, as I said, your 12 yo comment is highly ironic.

jamesgould

Juniors
VictorTheViking said:
If im not mistaken benefit of the doubt is supposed to go to the attacking team, tongue got his hand on the ball and certainly didnt knock it on, so if it wasnt grounded, and went backwards as was said earlier in this thread would it not have been a try anyway?

No, because he didn't force it with his torso, it went down towards his legs somewhere. If the attacking player forces it with a part of their body that isn't a try (head, legs) it is a 20 metre tap to the defending team. So correct call no matter which way you look at it.

And no way was the Paterson pass for the MacDougall second try forward, has the world gone insane? It was miles back!!! The pass before was line ball, but you see plenty of those let go.

jamesgould

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
Funny that none of you whinging Raiders fans managed to mention the incorrect call by Hayne of a Knights' drop-out after Goodwin clearly knocked it on.

You know, the line drop-out that the Raiders scored off.

I thought that was funny too haha.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Canberra were disgraceful and the Knights were lucky to win - regardless of the correct/incorrect refereeing decisions. The Raiders badly missed Carney and as much as it hurts me to say it, if he had have been there tonight, I dare say that the Raiders would have won.

On the Knights, we lack a killer instinct and I don't think I'd be out of place in saying most other "top" teams in this competition would have put a pretty big score on the Raiders. The Mullen/Walsh combination showed positive signs, but there were also a few wrong plays at certain times, especially in the first half. Over time, these two will strike up a great combination and with Kidley and Buderus at 1 and 9 respectively, we'll be up in the top 6 or 7 teams for many years to come.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
innsaneink said:
yOU NEED TO STEP BACK AND TAKE A DEEP BREATH, HAVE A THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUVE POSTED... sorry caps...do you really believe refs show favouritism?
Think logically.....

What did he rule?

20m tap to the Knights, so hes ruled Tongue
*didnt ground it properly,
*his hand slipped off it,
*he didnt have downward pressure....

Looking at it, I can see his POV...

whether you or I agree with him is irrelevant...we have no say, but jesus...when you come on with "whoever the refs rooting for" basically accusing him of cheating, ....and then start an attack on someone that has a go at you for it....well, yeh, as I said, your 12 yo comment is highly ironic.

LOL!

Your right we have no say. But c'mon consistency. not its a try one week and no the next! Take the broncos v Dragons match. Boyd or cooper grounded the ball. So if it was boyd, its s drop out, if cooper it was a knock on. One of them DID ground the ball. Honestly the refs and video refs have NFI. They do.

Oh and i suggest you read my post. I said either they rule with their eyes shut OR. So you know what that means? Do you? I didnt flat out say "the refs were rooting for newcastle". In other words they have no idea. re read that post and dont skimp over it. The way your carrying on is as if i have said that outright. I didnt mean it like they do, its was just an expression of words.
Gee mate, as i said earlier stop skimping posts' looking for an argument and read them properly. . .

voltron

Juniors
didnt billy harrogan explain it earlier in the year?
he had a ball on the ground
pressed it in the middle - downward pressure
pressed the sides and the ball kind of see-saw'ed = no downward pressure
and if thats the interpretation
the the tongue try is a no try.
and certainly from watching the replays, it looked like no downward pressure.....

oh well
good game to buderus!
200 games, i wonder if he can make 250, or 300 even

wat campese really bleeding from the butt?

innsaneink

Referee
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
LOL!

Your right we have no say. But c'mon consistency. not its a try one week and no the next! Take the broncos v Dragons match. Boyd or cooper grounded the ball. So if it was boyd, its s drop out, if cooper it was a knock on. One of them DID ground the ball. Honestly the refs and video refs have NFI. They do.

Oh and i suggest you read my post. I said either they rule with their eyes shut OR. So you know what that means? Do you? I didnt flat out say "the refs were rooting for newcastle". In other words they have no idea. re read that post and dont skimp over it. The way your carrying on is as if i have said that outright. I didnt mean it like they do, its was just an expression of words.
Gee mate, as i said earlier stop skimping posts' looking for an argument and read them properly. . .

So now youre saying you didnt mean what you said, its just " an expression of words."...yet you tell me to "read them properly. . ." :roll:

So now you expect us to believe refs rule with their eyes shut...so which one is it your being serious about?

Eyes shut?

Or who theyre rooting for?

My whole point is you expressly pointed out you were neutral, then carried on like a sore loser raiders fan.....a conflict of sorts.

Why does innsaneink have something to say about every Raiders game? and when he does, he always seems like a tosser.

Hello dildo. You missed my comments on the parra game?

innsaneink

Referee
Steven Gerrard said:
Don't really read your posts innsanecock.... i just keep scrolling. :lol:

Hilarious.

You dont read my posts yet you still feel the need to whinge about them.

You need help.

Holla if ya hear me said:
anyways..the point is..zillman was OWNED by the knights back 3..zillman?..who is this zillman?..ran for 50m..:lol:

Like I said earlier in the thread, there are some graceful knights fans, but then theres the rats of the litter, the scummy dregs like this fool...