What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedro Collins

Juniors
Flannery joins Roosters' exodus

June 15, 2007 SYDNEY Roosters utility Chris Flannery has become the fourth player to be released by the club mid-season.

Flannery, who has missed all of the Roosters' 2007 campaign with a broken leg, has been granted an immediate release to take up a four-year deal with English Super League club St Helens.

The 27-year-old, who played 10 State of Origin matches for Queensland between 2002-06, is expected to be fit to play for the world club champion within a month.

"Chris is an ideal signing for us. He is a top drawer lock forward who can also play stand-off (five-eighth) or centre," Saints' Australia coach, Daniel Anderson, told the club's website.

"We have had a number of approaches since (former St George Illawarra lock) Jason Hooper retired earlier this season.

"Chris has nearly completed his rehab from a broken leg in pre-season and should be ready to play around mid-July, although he is unfortunately ineligible to play in the Challenge Cup."

Flannery joins ex-Roosters Josh Lewis (Gold Coast), Jamie Soward (St George Illawarra) and Nigel Plum (Canberra) in leaving the club mid-season.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21909945-23214,00.html

Pumba

First Grade
ROBERTS RE-SIGNS FOR TWO YEARS

Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs player Ben Roberts has agreed to terms with the Club extending his stay at the 'Dogs until the
end of 2009.

Roberts, 21, joined the club in 2006 and made his NRL debut in round eight against the Warriors. He has subsequently played 13 first grade games and 33 club games for the Bulldogs, with a points tally of 182 (15
tries and 61 goals).

Commenting on the re-signing, Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said, "Ben has been great for us over the last season-and-a-half, and he will only get better with more experience.

Ben Roberts said, "I'm very grateful for the opportunities that Steve Folkes has given me in my time here and I look forward to learning more from the coaches and the senior players.

"The spirit and unity that exists across the Bulldogs club makes it a great place to be a part of."
Source: Bulldogs Website

Pumba

First Grade
Tigers invest in future

WESTS Tigers have re-signed promising youngsters Shannon McDonnell and Bronson Harrison to new deals.

McDonnell, 19, considered heir apparent to captain Brett Hodgson at fullback, has signed a three-year contract which will keep him at the Tigers until the end of 2010.

Forward Harrison, 21, will celebrate his 50th game against the Gold Coast on Sunday, with a two-year deal.
Source: Foxsports

stuke

Bench
Flannery's time in the NRL has been up for a while. a bit like Wing in that appears that the game has surpassed him a bit and the ESL should suit.

Black Majik

Juniors
Richie Williams a Panther...effective immediately

McCrone (a halfback from Canberra) signs with Penrith also. See we didn't really want Dobson or Carney!!

skeepe

Immortal
Carney > Dobson > Herbert > Campese > McCrone. Not going to lose any sleep over this one.

kooriguy

Juniors
signed richie williams just on news 2 years i think.. i was hoping this one was true.. we need attack minded players and fast

Tigertread

Juniors
The Cowboys have released Ben Lowe from the remainder of his 2007 contract to join South Sydney.
And David Faiumu has re-signed with the Cowboys for 2 more years.

Jono078

Referee
NGR said:

Bunnies deny Wing signing

Article from: </IMG>
By Dean Ritchie
June 18, 2007 12:00am

CRAIG Wing yesterday officially told the Roosters he would be quitting Bondi after signing with fierce rivals Souths - but the Rabbitohs have denied any deal.
In an intriguing day, the Roosters posted Wing's departure to Souths on their official website.

The Roosters claimed Wing told them he had signed a four-year deal with Souths.
But Souths CEO Shane Richardson said: "I'm a bit surprised it was on their website. I don't know whether they were trying to ambush us or not, I don't know what they were trying to do.

"But the deal hasn't been finalised.

"We are keen and probably favourites but no deal has been done. If it had I would tell you so.

"Look at what happened with Matt Orford (in 2005). He was coming here and then went somewhere else."

The contract with Souths will be worth a combined total of about $1 million.

The deal means Wing will return home having spent 1998 and 1999 at Redfern before the club was excluded from the premiership.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Roosters offer was similar to Souths' ? but the Rabbitohs offered a four-year deal, the Roosters two years with a two-year option.
Wing told Roosters chairman Nick Politis of his decision yesterday.

It is understood Wing was not interested in a return to rugby union despite being offered around $300,000 a season to play with the Waratahs.

Wing's decision gives Souths one of their most significant signings.
The Roosters had hoped Wing would stay through loyalty to the Bondi club.
Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan admitted his club was upset to lose Wing, an eight-year Rooster who played in the winning 2002 grand final.

In a statement yesterday, Canavan said: "While wishing Craig all the best, we understand he had to make a business decision."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21926047-5006066,00.html

Spike

First Grade
According to 2WS (not my station) Ben Hornby and Jason Ryles have re-signed with the Dragons until 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.