What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO 3 - QLD v NSW *SPOILERS*

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Isn't Hodges in the centres? He won't be exclusively marking Hazem then, Tate or Inglis would.

Either way, bombs aren't the only move in a game of football and you're a fool if you think Hazem will drop balls.

with no jamie lyon no one will be coming in too far, hazem is a good winger, i hope he puts in a good performance and is remembered for next years series

i have a feeling matt king will have a blinder and the dickhead selectors will realise he should of been centre all along

lockyno1

Post Whore
St. Brett said:
That's right, Thurston did get it in game one.
I forgot.
Ohh yer, he got it but in everyones eyes Pricey was the better player.

Lockyerno 1

You think D. Johnston for MOTM? The MLB guy? Ain't he injured? Is it true that he made over 64 tackles in game 2?

If I put money on Hunt for MOTM then midway through proceedings they do switch him to wing then that automatically kills my bet.

I will put the majority of my money on Lockyer as he's long overdue for an award and Goose Gould was praising him thismorning on the radio.
If Gould is a channel 9 MOTM panelist then that's to Locky's advantage.

I hope you QLD'ers aren't too laxed going into this game. Over confidence can do weird things ya know?

The weak link in NSW is El Mazri. If Hodges is up against him then you watch him make a fool of that guy.
QLD will bombs away all night El Mazri's way.
And El Mazri has a bad habit of coming in too deep leaving his wing wide open so I can see Brent Tate scoring first try tonight somehow.
Or, is Bell out wide with Tate?
Who's Hodges wing man? Tate or ?

Personally, I think Hodges is the best center in the world.

Johnson made 61 tackles and imo was 2nd to Smith in game 2 for the award. He would be a outsider for the award. As for Hunt on the wing, I can't see them doing that UNLESS injuries occur to Inglis/Tate. Inglis will spend a bit of time at FB, as he has done in game 1 and 2. Hodges will mark up against Cooper, and his winger is Tate.

St. Brett

Juniors
Dodger

You're being too bias, son.

As a new south welshman I'm not saying Hodges is the best center for nothing.

You watch closely tonight what ability this guy has. He can draw 3 to 4 players to him and pop the pass some how.

I hope El Mazri is on Hodges side. You'll see what I mean.
But I wish it had of been Nathan Merritt chosen on the wing instead. My hypothersized theory would have been proven correct.

Yes or no is el masri going to be opposite Hodges tonight on the same side?

You just watch what Hodges does....he's like a magnet and El Mazri will be caught out heaps of times just like Matt King was in both games thus far.
I'll enjoy watching Hodges tonight.
The guy's brilliant.
You know he's brilliant because he always laughs at his opposition.
He's a thinkers player.

El Masri will be tested so bad tonight and he's going to let us blues down.

It may sound strange me barracking for QLD but our selectors deserve everything they get! It's them who need booting! Again, I'm NSW myself but I can't see us beating these guys.

St. Brett

Juniors
Ohhh! This is drats then! If Hodges is up against Cooper then that means Hayne is Cooper's wing man and not El Masri.

Oh.

There goes that angle. That puts an end to that. I was looking forward to that.

So, Bell and Tate get El Masri then?
Ohh.

P.S. I actually posted in a message the other week that Nathan Merrit shouldn't be picked and that el masri would be a better option. Then somebody mentioned Eric Groth would have been a better pick than el masri and I tend to agree because he's powerful.
I guess Groth trying to sign with Union cost him his spot.

P.P.S. oh f**k my contributions are a contridiction today. Sorry if I confuse you people.
I'm all over the place today. I'm not making sense.

What I'm trying to say is El Masri will be 15 meters in field leaving his wing wide open tonight and Thurston will be putting those sneaky Mullen type kicks across.
Have I made the point that El Masri will be exposed tonight enough?

Two mans land, baby, two mans land.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

Anyway... any news from the Residents match yet? Or doesn't that kick off til laterz? :crazy:

ockham

Juniors
Dodger said:
Isn't Hodges in the centres? He won't be exclusively marking Hazem then, Tate or Inglis would.

Either way, bombs aren't the only move in a game of football and you're a fool if you think Hazem will drop balls.

Agreed. Hazem is the secret weapon - underestimating him has been the common mistake his opponents have made his whole career. If that happens tonight he will score a try or two, and kick a hundred. ... No, not a hundred. The rest of the team has to play well to get the ball over the line first...

Hurriflatch

Referee
f*** off Matty, if he was a selector the entire Sharks team will make the Origin side and if that happens NSW will never win cause well it's the Sharks

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The National Anthem is brought to us courtesy of Sony???
Did I hear that correctly?

Latest posts