What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE: Of The New Year

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Okay before i post the rosters etc.
I just want to explain, i am writing RAW only! I have written the other rosters incase anyone wants to write a certain brand.

ANYWAYS. My BTB takes place starting from January 1st, 2008. Vince McMahon SHOCKS everybody by having a draft, and yes champions are vulnerable. He also insisted that ECW will be the benefit most from the draft, as he is trying to increase ratings onto ECW. The Cruiserweight Championship makes its return. Backstage crew have changed slightly.
Lets have a look at the new rosters

RAW:

Beth Pheonix
Candice (injured)
Carlito
Chris Jericho
DH Smith
Festus
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Hardcore Holly
JBL
Jerry 'The King' Lawler (non wrestler)
Jesse
Jillian
Jim Ross (non wrestler)
John Cena (injured)
Jonathan Coachman (non wrestler)
Lance Cade
Lillian Garcia
Matt Hardy(injured)
Maria
Melina
Mickie James
Mr Kennedy
Vince McMahon ( chairman of the board)
Randy Orton
Ric Flair
Robbie McAllister
Ron Simmons (non wrestler)
Rory McAllister
Santino Morella
Shawn Michaels
Snitsky
Stone Cold Steve Austin (inactive)
Todd Grisham (non wrestler)
Trevor Murdoch
Triple H
Umaga
William Regal

Raw

Gains
Ric Flair (SD!)
Jesse (SD)
Festus (SD)
JBL (SD)
Matt Hardy (SD)

Losses
Jeff Hardy (SD!)
Brian Kendrick (SD)
Paul London (SD)
Val Venis (ECW)
Super Crazy (ECW)
Charlie Haas (SD)
Bobby Lashley (SD)
Cody Rhodes (ECW)

General Manager: William Regal
Commentators : Jerry 'The King' Lawler and Jim Ross
Backstage: Todd Grisham
Ring Announcer: Jillian Hall

CHAMPIONS
WWE Champion: Randy Orton
Intercontinental Champion: Vacated by Jeff Hardy (moved to SD)
Tag Team Championships: Vacated by Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes (Rhodes has moved to ECW)
Womens Championship: Beth Pheonix

SMACKDOWN

Anastacia
Ashley (inactive)
Batista
Brian Kendrick
Bobby Lashley (injured)
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero
Cherry
Chuck Palumbo
Curt Hawkins
Dave Taylor
Deuce
Domino
Drew McIntyre
Edge
Elijah Burke
Finlay
Funaki
Gregory Helms(injured)
Hornswoggle
Jeff Hardy
Jimmy Yang Wang
Justin Roberts
Kane
Kenny Dykstra
Maryse
Michael Cole
Michelle McCool
MVP
Nunzio
Paul London
Shannon Moore
The Great Khali
Teddy Long
Torrie Wilson
The Undertaker
Vickie Guerrero
Victoria
Zack Ryder

Smackdown

Gains
Jeff Hardy (Raw)
Brian Kendrick (RAW)
Paul London (RAW)
Nunzio (ECW)
Charlie Haas (Raw)
Bobby Lashley (Raw)
Elijah Burke (ECW)

Losses
Ric Flair (Raw)
Jesse (Raw)
Festus (Raw)
JBL (Raw)
Mark Henry (ECW)
Rey Mysterio (ECW)
Jamie Noble (ECW)
Matt Hardy (RAW)

General Managers: Vickie Guerrero and Teddy Long
Commentator: Michael Cole
Backstage: Torrie Wilson
Ring Announcer: Justin Roberts

CHAMPIONS

World Heavyweight Championship - Edge
United States Championship - MVP
WWE Tag Team Championship - Miz and John Morrison of ECW
Cruiserweight Championship - Hornswoggle

ECW

Armando Estrada
Balls Mahony
Big Daddy V
Boogeyman
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Jamie Noble
Joey Styles
John Morrison
Kelly Kelly
Kevin Thorne
Lyla
Mark Henry
Matt Striker
Mike Knox
Rey Mysterio
Shelton Benjamin
Super Crazy
Stevie Richards
Tazz
The Mizz
Tommy Dreamer
Tony Chimel
Val Venis

ECW
Gains
Mark Henry (SD)
Rey Mysterio (SD)
Val Venis (RAW)
Jamie Noble (SD)
Super Crazy (RAW)
Cody Rhodes (RAW)

Losses
Nunzio (SD)
Elijah Burke (SD)

General Manager: Armando Estrada
Commentators: Tazz and Joey Styles
Backstage: Layla
Ring Announcer: Tony Chimel

CHAMPION

ECW Champion: CM Punk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note, i am not using any real time, basically, because its i find it too hard to keep to a schedule, i will write 4 shows of RAW before i do each PPV. PPVs will be tri-branded, so probably seem strange until if/when people do other brands.

If you get interested in writing SD or ECW, then just PM me. Thanks

Big Pete

Referee
Sounds interesting enough.

I'll take you up on your offer and write for Smackdown if you'd like?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Will be good to see how you go with this. Split diaries can be a real challenge to keep working, but they make for some great creative options if the team works well together.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Just like to reveal that Big Pete has volunteered to take over both SD and ECW brands. Lets wish him the best of luck :)

And an article on WWE.com says

" There has been a slight change to the scheduled draft. It was scheduled that Matt Hardy was going to move to RAW, that move has now been cancelled. Matt Hardy will remain a member of Smackdown. It is not all bad news for Monday Night Raw, as they have now acquired the services of former World Heavyweight Champion, Batista."

Big Pete

Referee
Was thinking about this thread the other day. I'm surprised we never actually got this off the ground. I remember writing a few shows out, but I think we lost interest pretty quickly.

I know you've waited 12 years for it, so here was roughly what was going to happen.

Edge as World Heavyweight Champion
I was going to push Edge as hard as HHH circa 2000. After beating Batista & The Undertaker at Armaggeddon, he'd beat Jeff Hardy at the Royal Rumble, screw The Undertaker out of the Royal Rumble and beat CM Punk to merge the ECW and World's Heavyweight titles at No Way Out (I was too lazy to write both SmackDown and ECW). Somehow The Undertaker would get his rematch against Edge at Wrestlemania and would win.

The Cruiserweight Championship Tournament
I was going to bring the Cruiserweight Championship back after they decided to retire it on Hornswaggle. I remember the big idea was to bring back Ultimo Dragon and have him beat Jeff Hardy at Wrestlemania to put him and the championship on the map.

New Factions
Kenny Dykstra, Charlie Haas, Sean Morley were going to form an RTC like gimmick where they opposed gimmicks and were going to bring class back to Pro Wrestling. Dykstra was set to be the break-out star of the group and would help launch him. There was also going to be a European based faction between Drew McIntyre, Fit Finlay and Dave Taylor where they were going to be his coaches and Drew would get a strong push towards the US Championship.

The Undertaker as World Heavyweight Champion

After Wrestlemania, I'd have The Undertaker torment Vickie Guerrero until she quits the company. At first he'd be a babyface, but he'd go overboard and the Brothers of Destruction would form and become the dominant force on SmackDown. SummerSlam would be Bobby Lashley vs. The Undertaker in a Last Man Standing match. The run would last the majority of the year with The Undertaker going through Rey Mysterio, The Hardy Boyz, Drew McIntyre, Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison etc. before eventually losing to Punk who was going to be my long term project of the year and the face of SmackDown going into 2009.

Random Ideas
- Lita was going to return for the Edge/Jeff feud and turn babyface. I felt Lita deserved a better send-off and giving her character some form of redemption would be nice.

- My idea for ending ECW was silly. Chavo was going to convince Vickie to buy out ECW since he couldn't beat Punk and he suffered an injury in their extreme rules match. Vickie would acquiese, but Punk would get the last laugh getting a Unification match with Edge at No Way Out.

- Even though I knew it was silly, somehow my way turned out better than having Vince end it and allowing Zeke to become the last ECW Champion.

- I didn't iron out the competitors for the Cruiserweight Championship, but I was going to bring in outsiders, specifically ex-WCW Cruiserweights like Juventud Guerrera and Psychosis.

- The Cruiserweight tournament actually took up the majority of my focus and I was trying to build it around international talent. The only issue was, I had no idea what was happening in Mexico or Japan around that time, which is why I leaned heavily on old Cruiserweights.

- TNA would later debut in Australia around March and I wanted the Motor City Machine Guns, AJ Styles, Kazarian, Jay Lethal and just about everyone in the X-Division, but really they were just names for Ultimo Dragon to go over.

- I never had an end-game in mind for Dragon. He'd go through everybody until somebody emerged in wrestling I enjoyed. Most likely that would have been The Brian Kendrick.

- Lashley getting released threw a massive spanner into the project because I just saw him as a Batista stand-in who couldn't talk. I needed him to stick around to get a better feel for his run for post-Mania.

Overall
I'm what Sullivan would call a maintenance booker. I can keep a show floating, but as far as coming up with hot angles or storylines, I just didn't have that level of creativity. A lot of ideas were merely recycled from old booking projects from 2004 (hence Ultimo and Taker turning heel).

The key for booking SmackDown that year would be trying to get Jeff Hardy over and avoid having guys like Kozlov and Kahli compete with HHH for the title. Taking care of MVP, booking The Brian Kendrick right etc. would be the other challenges.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I'll have to see if I still have my notes on this.

Probably not, but I can't imagine I'd have too much special lined up with that Raw roster lol

Latest posts