What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Arsenal Brigade 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumble

First Grade
That was the worst break I've seen...Poor Eduardo :(

2-1 now btw, Theo scores his first Premiership goal

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
f**k it, you're up 2 - 1 and Walcott scored both. First goal was a bit dodgy IMO but nevermind, you've escaped again.

BWNB

First Grade
Good stuff, so often do we apply pressure like we had just done and come away with nothing! Well done Walcott.

Macca_

Coach
2-2. Threw points thrown away. Sh*t happens.

More importantly and it puts into perspective that it's just a game, confirmed broken leg for Eduardo and most likely surgery asap.

Deacon

First Grade
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Clichy what were u thinkin and Gallas in tears, costly 2 points

Macca_

Coach
andrew057 said:
Horrible penalty.
Yep, it's amazing how different 2 calls can be. That was less a foul (if at all) then the one on Eboue for which HE was booked for against Milan.

Still we should have put them away by then.

Macca_

Coach
I'm not surprised though, it is heart breaking for a player in that situation. Anyone who's played a team sport and had a team mate go down like that know that it would have all been about going out there and winning it for Eduardo. To let it slip like that... Well Gallas's reaction is the feeling they'd have. Gutted they would be as a unit.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Your captain and main defender walked away from the penalty before it was even lined up, and sat down on the pitch, then started kicking sh*t around and wouldn't join his teammates in the dressing room, great captain there. What if Almunia saved it back into play and McFadden hit the rebound because Gallas was too busy crying to bother defending?

If Wenger doesn't punish him for that, he is f**king weak. Actually, nevermind, he is f**king weak and won't even look sideways at him about it.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
That was a disgusting tackle.

How can they say there was no malice intended? The hack drove his studs straight into Eduardo's leg FFS! The ball was no-where to be seen.

Macca_

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Your captain and main defender walked away from the penalty before it was even lined up, and sat down on the pitch, then started kicking sh*t around and wouldn't join his teammates in the dressing room, great captain there. What if Almunia saved it back into play and McFadden hit the rebound because Gallas was too busy crying to bother defending?

If Wenger doesn't punish him for that, he is f**king weak. Actually, nevermind, he is f**king weak and won't even look sideways at him about it.
It's ok mate, I wouldn't expect you to understand that players are human too.

RedVGooner

Juniors
all im going to say is clichy

fu*k!!!

he was actin all casual at the back, soo frustrating to drop 2 points, we missed soo many chances, shouldve put them away earlier in the match

you cant really say anything about gallas, he was just annoyed that they had the match won and just to draw at the end, it shows how much for him to win a premiership

and im going to point out there were two played really fantastic, hleb and walcott, hleb just needs to pull the trigger more often

and i by looking at that picture of eduardo, makes me want to vomit, what a disgusting tackle, taylor should be banned for life for what he did, that's the end we will see eduardo for this season, bendtner has to step up in the next few weeks until van persie returns

Dragooner

Bench
I forgot the game was on :lol: So I was out getting smashed while poor Dudu broke his leg.

That was just disgusting. That makes me feel sicker than I already am.

Half of the team couldn't look at him if you watch the replay. And Fabregas was screaming to the bench. I feel for him so bad. That pic is just disgusting.

Dudu's career could well be gone. And in all honesty so should Taylors.

Otherwise about the result. This is what Man U have over us. They will go out and dig the little teams into the ground. They WILL NOT drop point against those kind of teams.

And they never choke. They never go up (against ten men as well) and end up leaving with a point.

Those were 2 points we should never have dropped. Simple as that. Against 10 men that can't happen.

I must admit that Dudu injury wouldn't help one bit. Especially the seriousness of it too. They all knew what had happened.

As for Gallas...I can understand his pain. I understand the tears. But youn can do that in your own time. Not while the opposition are taking a bloody f*cking penalty!!! You can't do that as a captain. Nonetheless.

My best wishes to Eduardo. You WILL be back. I can guarantee it.

But just imagine what you're thinking if you're Taylor??? Not only the fact that he caused it, but he's probably seen those 2 pictures, and he knows it was clearly intentional.

You'll probably see him in hospital today with Dudu. If not, that scumbag can go to hell.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
What a shocking tackle by Taylor. That is the most f*cked up tackle that I have seen. Ban the merkin for life!

I doubt that Eduardo will play anymore this season. I hope that Bendtner can fill his shoes.

As for Gallas, he should of been firing his keeper up before the penalty instead of having a cry.

Birmingham City central defender Martin Taylor has insisted there was 'no malicious intent' in his tackle which has left Arsenal striker Eduardo with a suspected broken leg.

Eduardo, who will be 25 on Monday, was stretchered off after Taylor's third-minute challenge in the 2-2 draw at St Andrews and was immediately taken to hospital.

Taylor was given a straight red card and now faces an automatic three-match suspension.

But Gunners manager Arsene Wenger claimed the former Blackburn player 'should not be allowed to play again' in a blistering attack on the player.

Birmingham have responded this evening by issuing a three paragraph statement in defence of Taylor who was left 'distraught' by the extent of Eduardo's injury according to manager Alex McLeish.

The statement reads: 'The club are saddened that such a fantastic game of football has been marred by a serious injury sustained to Arsenal player Eduardo.

'But Martin Taylor is adamant there was no malicious intent in the tackle and he is deeply upset by the extent of Eduardo's injury.

'Having reviewed the incident, this (no malicious intent) is clearly the case. The club and Martin Taylor would like to send their very best wishes to the player for a speedy recovery.'

Wenger claimed: 'The tackle was horrendous and this guy (Taylor) should never play football again. It goes along with this idea that to stop Arsenal you have to kick Arsenal.

'That kind of thing was waiting to happen because many people got away with too many bad tackles. We escaped a few times but it's just not acceptable. If that is football, we are better to stop it.

'I am hugely disappointed and you cannot accept that on a football pitch.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=510674&cc=3436

He clearly meant it, he can f*ck off.

Dragooner

Bench
Bendtner or Walcott but. I have no doubt that Bendtner is better for the big games...but imo Walcott would play extremely well with Ade up front.

Bentnder and Ade are very similar players. Both are great in the air, both have huge frames but can we really have two strikers up front that both play a similar style of play.

In the end it won't matter, it'll be like this.

--------------Ade--------------
--------------Hleb--------------
-Rosicky-Fab-Flamini-Eboue-

Any news on when Rosicky is back?

Iafeta

Referee
I saw the tackle... That was a seriously dreadful tackle.

I also saw Eduardo play live at Emirates about a month ago now, he looked to have a load of talent, so as a football supporter, Arsenal fan or not, that is absolutely awful.

I hope for Eduardo and football's sake that there is a decent recovery, and his career is not over.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
damn shame about Eduado

I dont like seeing that happen to anyone, not even a gooner

I hope the kid recovers OK, some people never recover from injuries like that

the bloke that did it should be suspended

you can't ban him forever for that that's just stupid talk because you're an arsenal fan

wouldn't expect to see him line up at euro 2008 either. a shame. horrific photo back there from parradude

Status
Not open for further replies.