What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noyce has resigned as CEO

On Fox Sports News.
More to come
Press conference soon

Glad he has fallen on his sword:
- he gave 2 underperforming coaches new contracts on the back of some utter sh*t
- he appointed ronald to sign his spastic son
- he has us like gypsies playing out of 8 home grounds under his tenure

Maybe Man U need a CEO ?

rupertpupkin

Juniors
Don't know what to make of this. It may not be a good thing. There have been a number of decisions to take issue with, but, overall, Noyce has been OK, at least. If the bottom line for a CEO is to keep you out of the red, he has delivered. Not that I'm privy to the state of the books, as they stand, now. The replacement could end up being woeful?

aids

Bench
i like Noyce, so i'm a bit dissapointed.
as long as it's not one of the old balmainers, we'll be playing all games out of parra stadium next year and have purple stripes on the jersey.

edit: before you start bagging me out, unlikable CEO's are guys like Noad and Doust and i think we've been lucky to avoid guys of that caliber.

Eddie.

Bench
Out of the 4 men (Sheens, Simmons, Mcdonnell and Noyce) running the club he has the most credibility. They could say goodbye to Sizzler and Ronald tomorrow and i would be delighted. He came in and tried to clean up the mess that Bullock and co left by splashing millions at old players. Also would of had to deal with the politics and many issues a merger of 2 foundation clubs would entail. There were issues of late with numerous home grounds etc, but im sure he did have the clubs interests at heart.

Out of any of the 4 leaving Noyce's departure probably has the ability to destabilise the club if we don't have an adequate replacement. Sure, a change could be good, it might shake the place of of a the slumber we have been in. However being CEO of a very delicate and frictional club like WT's won't be an easy job. A dud could make it alot worse.

Tiger Dan

Juniors
Steve Noyce the man who will always be remembered for being at the helm of a club that won a comp thousands under its salary cap , a man of honour , long may he live.

He is a nice guy and to be honest eddie I think the time has come where niceness should go out the door and I hope we appoint a ruthless prick to be CEO. The CEO's job is to make the club as profitable as possible and imo the best way to make a club profitable is to ensure it is successful.

A profitable club is not necessarily a successful club whereas (Chelsea aside) A successful club is always a profitable club. My point is that if things are geared towards winning football games:
- tribal, intimifdating home grounds
- players and coaches who underperform in fear of the axe
- need to make tough decisions
Then everything else falls into place. Proper home grounds lets you win more games, lets you make semis, lets you increase sponsors and so on imo

Tiger Hawk

Bench
STEVE NOYCE RESIGNS AS WESTS TIGERS CEO

Wests Tigers Rugby League Football Club has today announced the resignation of Chief Executive Officer Steve Noyce.

“Earlier today I advised my wonderful chairman David Trodden, our fantastic coach Tim Sheens and my great staff of my intention to resign as the CEO of Wests Tigers,’’ Noyce said.

“It has been a great privilege to be the CEO of such a brilliant organisation and I consider myself to be very lucky to be involved with so many outstanding people.

“We have tremendous stability at Wests Tigers at the moment and I have no doubt that the club will continue to grow and achieve much success both on and off the field.

“I’ve really enjoyed my time at Wests Tigers and I would like to acknowledge the amazing role that our leagues clubs, our sponsors, and our very passionate members and fans who have played in the development and growth of Wests Tigers.

“I sincerely thank them for their support and assistance that they have given me.

“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank my very special wife Kerry, my three great children Kylie, Adam, and Christopher, and my wonderful grandson, Bailey, for their support, understanding and love.

“At this stage, I will continue in the role for the next couple of months.’’

http://www.weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=1496

Ninja

Juniors
Noycie is a legend. Even gave me a free jersey for making it to every game one year.

But Mulli makes some valid points. We dont need a mr nice guy.

Interesting to see how the new CEO handles the home ground situation. Tough job.

scarcev

Juniors
Glad he has fallen on his sword:
- he gave 2 underperforming coaches new contracts on the back of some utter sh*t
- he appointed ronald to sign his spastic son
- he has us like gypsies playing out of 8 home grounds under his tenure

and then.............He is a nice guy and to be honest eddie I think the time has come where niceness should go out the door and I hope we appoint a ruthless prick to be CEO. The CEO's job is to make the club as profitable as possible and imo the best way to make a club profitable is to ensure it is successful.

A profitable club is not necessarily a successful club whereas (Chelsea aside) A successful club is always a profitable club. My point is that if things are geared towards winning football games:
- tribal, intimifdating home grounds
- players and coaches who underperform in fear of the axe
- need to make tough decisions
Then everything else falls into place. Proper home grounds lets you win more games, lets you make semis, lets you increase sponsors and so on imo

you havent a clue have you??

tell you what, why dont you take the job, it might mean you have to turn up at an AGM though...............:lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm worried about who will fill his boots. I think this would be one of the harder clubs to be CEO of, primarily because you are trying to run one club whilst keeping 2 others happy.

We should be greatful that Shane Richardson is currently employed.

Latest posts