What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Brother '08: Official Thread

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
BB_Brigitte-ACT-068.jpg

Brigitte - Hails from Canberra!

David also comes in with a Raiders Milk Jersey! Awesome stuff! :D

Paullyboy

Coach
I watched it just to see who they were sending in, I haven't seen it since the year that Frysie, Paul (with the dreads), Bree, Merlin and all those characters were running around.

That blonde looked hot on TV, but that photo makes her look shocking. That dress she was wearing was sensational.

I tell you what though, I think I may have to watch a bit more because one of teh blokes is a Raiders fan and even chose his old Canberra Milk jersey as his 'personal item'. I guess I have to watch it as it's the closest I get to seeing a raiders jersey on free to air.

I've been watching tonight to see what kind of cattle they've scraped together for this year...a grandmother, the thinnest man on earth whose balls still haven't dropped, and now a f**king midget :lol:

I reckon the intruders will be a giant, a junkie, a gangster and a pimp.

Hoggy

Bench
And Ivan Milat.

The main question out of all of this is...

Does Kyle Sandilands blink?

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i watched the first ep to see how it would be with Kyle + Jackie O + new people. I havent watched the show AT ALL since the season trevor won. Some hot chicks in this year...

2 already in this thread +

Bianca... 18 year old with big big tits.

The Devil

Bench
I actually know Travis, and boy do I feel sorry for the housemates. He made the final cut for being an intruder a few years ago, so I guess he's gone one step further.

Though I have no idea wtf the horse is about..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Surely there's something medical amiss for his voice to be the way it is though - it's not natural.

The Devil

Bench
I really never got to the bottom of that..

I can assure people that it's not a put on and I'm pretty sure he's gone through puberty.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Who's watching Big Brother? No one

By Katherine Field

THIS year's new-look Big Brother appears unlikely to return the TV show to its glory days, with the launch ratings the worst in its history.

An average of 1.511 million tuned in last night to watch Big Brother's new hosts, radio broadcasters Kyle and Jackie O, reveal the first 14 housemates during a two-hour launch.

The audience for the Channel 10 show peaked at 1.91 million.

But while it beat its competitors in most timeslots - except its second half hour when it lost out to Border Security - Big Brother's latest launch was the least-watched in the show's eight-year history.

The previous lowest ratings for a Big Brother launch were last year, when the first show pulled in 1.548 million viewers.

The show's most watched launch was in 2003, when it attracted 2.225 million viewers.
Last night, in its third half hour, Big Brother also lost some of its audience to the ABC's Australian Story feature on the late Ten newsreader Charmaine Dragun.

The story of the newsreader's battle with depression drew more than 1.1 million viewers to the ABC.

Despite the ratings, Ten said it was "thrilled" with Big Brother because the show had launched on a Monday, not on a Sunday as in the past four years.

"We're thrilled to be pulling those numbers on a Monday and against stiff competition," a Ten spokeswoman said.

Viewers have gradually tuned out of the show since it began in 2001.

In a bid to halt its decline, Big Brother's producers have this year promised a different program.

Some of the changes include: housemates being forced to spend the first night in the backyard and the eviction of one housemate by sunrise, in the first of many "snap" evictions.

For the first time contestants will be accommodated in a far from luxurious house, with no rewards room and a tiny pool.

This year's series will also see housemates sleep in one giant bed and there will be no kitchen, with food to be served on a conveyor belt.

The contestants include a 1m tall belly dancer, a 52-year-old grandmother and a self-declared virgin man with a high-pitched voice.

Three more contestants will be revealed on Sunday, while party punk Corey Worthington will later feature as an intruder.

Average national audience for Big Brother launches since 2001
2001 - 1.627 million
2002 - 2.046 million
2003 - 2.225 million
2004 - 1.725 million
2005 - 1.576 million
2006 - 1.8 million
2007 - 1.548 million
2008 - 1.511 million
LINK

Maybe people are starting to wake up :crazy:

Raider_69

Post Whore
I am reliably informed a raiders fan is on it this year
how does he go? Good bloke? Or complete wanker?