What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA Origin Team

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I remember in 2001 when the Lions union team toured Aus that they played a warm up game against WA,and from memory the score was something in the ballpark of 110-0.Still they managed to put a positive spin on it about the growth of the game over here and now we have the "western farce".
When you stop and think of the number of ex WA players in the NRL (Holdsworth,Patterson,Petterson,Goodwin to name a few)plus players in the lower grade,Reds players and even players with links to WA(Geyer,Hegarty)you could put together a fairly competitive team.
This year would have been the perfect year with the world cup,especially since we didn't get a game.WA could have been a warm up for the poms on their way through,it would be a lot more competitive than 110-0.
Maybe in the future this will be worth looking at,WA should continue to produce good players,hopefully after the world cup there will be more international tours.This can only help in raising the profile of WA rugby league nationally as well as helping the Reds towards the NRL.Who knows,maybe one day they will be good enough to take on NSW and QLD.

Alehana

Juniors
i remember that game, i was at it, at the WACCA, duncan mcrey (i believe, spelling) was the only player i can remember in that team that made it to super 12 for the waratahs, the rest i dno what r doing, first time johnny came into spot light as a awesome goal kicker, didn't miss hardly any, i think we did score tho, heaps exciting at the end where we may have or may not have.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Is that the same Duncan McRay that played for the waratahs,I think he also played for the rabbitohs at some stage.Is he from WA

Alehana

Juniors
hmmmm, not sure, short black hair. last i heard was waratahs then left either went over seas, but i doubt he would have played league hes not tough loooking.

hutch

First Grade
western australia should play victoria before every nsw v qld origin match. it will give players produced in these states something to aim for, especially when we start producing more and more, and victoria will be doing!

***MH***

Bench
western australia should play victoria before every nsw v qld origin match. it will give players produced in these states something to aim for, especially when we start producing more and more, and victoria will be doing!
I Second that motion.... someone call the ARL