What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Getaway Spot

Avenger

Immortal
Jervis Bay is awesome. Any further South is just too cold. Kangaroo Valley is also OK.

HevyDevy

Coach
Did you miss the four corners special??
Not my sort of thing, but some people like drunken rages all night.

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/trave...stle/accommodation/hotels/quality-hotel-noahs

I'm not sure there are too many places that are open all night in Newy. I did venture into Fanny's a few weeks back but it's a sh*thole (as I already knew).

I was in a nice bar earlier in the night but it closed at about 1. By 2 I gave up and drove back to Sydney so I could head out somewhere.

roopy

Referee
I'm not sure there are too many places that are open all night in Newy. I did venture into Fanny's a few weeks back but it's a sh*thole (as I already knew).

I was in a nice bar earlier in the night but it closed at about 1. By 2 I gave up and drove back to Sydney so I could head out somewhere.
yeah - they have some lock down thing happening because of all the street crime - but if you want to be out after 2 am - get a job.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Where's a good place no more than 3-4 hours out of Sydney to getaway for 3-4 days in July/August? Somewhere quiet, not looking to do stuff really, just relax in a peaceful setting with nice scenery and recharge.
On occasion I hire a houseboat. In Sydney I used to do it out of Brooklyn on the Hawkesbury. Spent a couple of days doing nothing other than fishing or reading, or partaking in other pleasures. Cheap enough and easy to do... plus a little different for the average land lubber.
I'm sure there's a few house boats down south as well.

ozbash

Referee
theres a place in SA called Whyalla (sp) i would love to go to, huge snapper they reckon.

you could go and have a look and let me know if its worth going ?

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Being in the tourism industry I have a few to give you...

Kangaroo Island, South Australia
Flinders Ranges, South Australia
Barossa Valley, South Australia
Magnetic Island, Queensland (30min ferry from Townsville)
Tangalooma Dolphin Resort, Queensland
Fraser Island, Queensland
Philip Island, Victoria
Great Ocean Road, Victoria (Lots and Lots of Bed and Breakfasts - Can drive Melbourne to Adelaide)

That's all I can think off the top of my head right now.