What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne out of Origin 2

azza

Juniors
Monaghan is actually a better winger than centre IMO so it'd make sense to bring him in now even though he was cover for Gasnier. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bellamy exercise the Melbourne love and get Turner in there. :crazy:

Monaghan is actually a better winger than centre IMO so it'd make sense to bring him in now even though he was cover for Gasnier. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bellamy exercise the Melbourne love and get Turner in there. :crazy:

Nothing wrong with Turner. Bet if he was a Raiders player you'd be wondering why he wasnt picked. But yes Monaghan is a very good winger and should be on the wing even if both Gasnier and Hayne are out.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
What a joke

What is origin coming to when you have a Turner v Boyd matchup :lol:

Purtell must be kicking himself at the moment, seems like he has turned down a guaranteed Origin slot

Isn't Turner only named as a back up still. My understanding is that Gas has his fitness test, and assuming he passes, then the selectors have to decide between Monaghan and Turner.
If that does happen, will the player not picked get to play for his club again, or do they still remain on standby and therefore ineligible for club football?
If Turner doesn't get picked, I don't see how we can get punished with a 10th player to miss the game Monday night... anyone know how it works?

The Teach

Juniors
According to reports on both the Daily Terrorgraph and Sydney Morning Herald websites, both Turner and Monaghan are on standby and a decision will be made on Monday as to who replaces Hayne if Gasnier gets cleared to play. What that means for Melbourne on Monday night is anyone's guess at this stage. Reports I have read indicate Gas will probably be cleared to play, so I'd think Mona's will replace Hayne, since he was the first player called up and he plays both wing and centre, whereas Turner is a winger/fullback. But I have been wrong many, many times in the past, so don't take my word as gospel.

Tommax25

Bench
omg at turner being called up, that is crazy. not origin standard at all, imo. they shouldn't just call up the origin coach's club players just because he likes them! far out, why not just pick every player that isn't qld/nz from the storm and whatever is left to choose from then you can stick in other clubs players to fill those gaps. if gasnier is ruled out then it should be lyon and monnas, i cannot believe turner has been picked over lyon (i know it is for the wing, but monnas can play wing as good as he can play centre and you dont have to have 2 debut players in a game to potentially rap up the series). if gasnier is not ruled out then it should be gasnier and monnas, turner should be nowhere near the squad, he didn't even make city-country ffs!

facedown

Juniors
Big blow for us, lets not kid oursleves, Turner is no Hayne, but lets hope he can make a bit of an impact.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Simpson can go into that category (Joey would have given him a wrap).

I don't think there's one person in the world who thinks he is better than Bailey.

nöyd

Staff member
ericgrothe_narrowweb__300x416,0.jpg