What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer v Johns

RABK

Referee
I remember that finals game in 2006 when Lockyer destroyed Johns.

No, the broncos destroyed the Knights.

It was not one on one touch footy.

No doubt Johns had probably his worst game of football in years and Tate, Hodges and co had their best game in years been serviced brilliantly by Lockyer.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Oh and might a point out that Lockyer has dominated in tests, but the opposition is akin to him playing for the Broncos against Souths. It really is not that hard to stand out in a very mediocre standard test.

Only two players ever had the ability to have an Origin game on a string - Lewis and Johns. Any player compared to those two is just been embarrassed.

If you watched the tests we speak of, you'd be of a different opinion. however, you'd still be a one-eyed newie fan. I would love to see 2 non newie or brisbane fans go at it. The subjective opinion is always unavoidable, however its especially skewed if a Broncos or Knights fan gets involved.

RABK

Referee
If you watched the tests we speak of, you'd be of a different opinion. however, you'd still be a one-eyed newie fan. I would love to see 2 non newie or brisbane fans go at it. The subjective opinion is always unavoidable, however its especially skewed if a Broncos or Knights fan gets involved.

Dozens of non newcastle/brisbane fans went at it.

Johns was selected in the team of the century, Lockyer was nowhere near it.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Yes, forgot about "opesgate" in 2000. Heather never had to battle selectors.

But thanks for pointing me to Origin stats. Joey's Origin win-loss-draws is 13-2-8. Heather's is 12-2-13. Meaning more losses than wins.

Joey scored 96 points in Origin, from 23 games. Heather only got 73 points from 27 games - and 6 was given to him by Brett Hodgeson

Most of Heather's test captaincies came because Joey was injured.

Joey is also the code's highest pointscorer. Heather?

Joey also made the team of the century. Heather?

Joey also made the play to win a world cup (the grubber for Brasher in '95, when he was 20). Heather?

Joey also scored 28 points on debut for Australia. Heather?

Joey is 2nd to Dave Brown for most points in a club match - 30 v Canberra in 2006. Heather?

Joey did all that with a financially struggling club. Heather?

As for Heather being the best fullback in the last 30 years - :lol::lol: Ask Tony Pulatua and Joe Gulavau. Such claims by Queenslanders belittles the excellent service Badge Belcher offered for you lot.

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
Joey also made the play to win a world cup (the grubber for Brasher in '95, when he was 20). Heather?

Joey is 2nd to Dave Brown for most points in a club match - 30 v Canberra in 2006. Heather?

More research again Misty. Watch the 2003 Roo Tour when most of the stars pulled out of the tour. He was a the key player on the tour

Joey is not 2nd to Dave Brown for points in a club game.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
LOL... its ****ing hilarious, firstly you had no credibility anyway + your insistent use of 'heather' just demeans it further. Pointscoring records are ****... thats not RL.

Big Pete

Referee
For mine personally you can't split them. In the halves, Johns was the better player no doubt. As an overall player however, you cannot split them. Lockyer dominated at both fullback and five eigth which IMO makes them equal.

Oh and Lockyer never cheated the game.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Did Heather come up with the winning play in the WCF? I do recall a nice pass to Ricketson as part of a chain movement by Heather, but not engineering the clincher in a WCF.

As for wether someone apart from Dave Brown scored more than 30 points in a club game isn't the point. It's just another Joey milestone that Heather has failed to reach.

Pointscoring records are ****... thats not RL.

What is it then f**ktard? Netball? Billiards? Quoits?

DangerMouse_007

Juniors
Lockyer hasn't finished yet. If he wins a premiership this year he'll have 5. 3 more than Joey. He also only needs to win one more man of the match in origin to equal Joeys number in Origin. He could go past that. He's captained QLD in 3 winning series. That could go to 4 or 5. Will Lockyer not only equal but actually surpass Johns when his career is over? Let's not forget his mastering of two positions.

Mr Saab

Referee
Did Heather come up with the winning play in the WCF? I do recall a nice pass to Ricketson as part of a chain movement by Heather, but not engineering the clincher in a WCF.

As for wether someone apart from Dave Brown scored more than 30 points in a club game isn't the point. It's just another Joey milestone that Heather has failed to reach.

Well you seemed to think it was a major point as you outlined it...but once again you were proved wrong.
Point scoring is not the be all and end all when judging a player. Jason Taylor scored over 2000 points, but would you take him over a Greg Alexander, Alan Langer or Ricky Stuart?
But hey, you keep wanking over points Misty

Misty Bee

First Grade
For mine personally you can't split them. In the halves, Johns was the better player no doubt. As an overall player however, you cannot split them. Lockyer dominated at both fullback and five eigth which IMO makes them equal.

You were saying Joey was better than Heather in the halves, but Heather was a fine fullback, so they are equal????

To me, Heather is up there with Lewis and Mal. His greatest attribute is his service to the game. He tries is best in good and poor sides, and his best IS very good. But he's never been the gamebreaker in the mould of Johns.

Oh and Lockyer never cheated the game.

Yes he did. Super League.

Joey's E tabs were not cheating the game, either. One could also argue that Joey overcame many medical disabilities to get to where he did, and I'm not just referring to bi-polar.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Well you seemed to think it was a major point as you outlined it...but once again you were proved wrong.
Point scoring is not the be all and end all when judging a player. Jason Taylor scored over 2000 points, but would you take him over a Greg Alexander, Alan Langer or Ricky Stuart?
But hey, you keep wanking over points Misty

You have proved nothing, Chucky. I merely admitted that I may have been wrong on an aside.

And given that both Heather and Joey (and JT for that matter) were all goal kickers - hence the points scoring references - I would prefer JT to slot the goals over whoever you mentioned.

But heck, I'm providing evidence. You are providing nothing - and youre in the team of the century for that!

Worked out where Queensland is yet?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Lockyer hasn't finished yet. If he wins a premiership this year he'll have 5. 3 more than Joey. He also only needs to win one more man of the match in origin to equal Joeys number in Origin. He could go past that. He's captained QLD in 3 winning series. That could go to 4 or 5. Will Lockyer not only equal but actually surpass Johns when his career is over? Let's not forget his mastering of two positions.

Lets not forget that for 3 years people were wishing he was puyt back to Fullback because he wasn't cutting it as a pivot.

I don't recall a season where Joey didn't cut it as a halfback.

Mr Saab

Referee
Wrong? Just like how Johns have never played off the bench in an origin? You like to show how "much" you know.
Worked out where the Parra forum is yet? Posted in there yet? Smithy has been gone since mid 2006...its safe to go back in there. But then the eels did bring in another clown coach in Hagan. Ahhhh the eels...chokers one day....failures the next.
Worked out how to put the beta tape of the 86 GF onto DVD?

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Lockyer wasn't a goalkicker by choice, so there goes your major point. You keep talkin about that one WCF, how about Locky in the TNF or Ashes 2003 (all 3 games were last minute escapes engineered by Lockyer...) didn't expect you to have watched that though...

Mr Saab

Referee
Lockyer wasn't a goalkicker by choice, so there goes your major point. You keep talkin about that one WCF, how about Locky in the TNF or Ashes 2003 (all 3 games were last minute escapes engineered by Lockyer...) didn't expect you to have watched that though...

How about Lockyer in 2006...had a pretty good yr for a hack 5/8 as most f**ktards thought.

Big Pete

Referee
You were saying Joey was better than Heather in the halves, but Heather was a fine fullback, so they are equal????

To me, Heather is up there with Lewis and Mal. His greatest attribute is his service to the game. He tries is best in good and poor sides, and his best IS very good. But he's never been the gamebreaker in the mould of Johns.

Yes he did. Super League.

Joey's E tabs were not cheating the game, either. One could also argue that Joey overcame many medical disabilities to get to where he did, and I'm not just referring to bi-polar.

Must I repeat myself? Yes as Rugby League players their equal. Lockyer was able to dominate in two positions, Johns only in one.

So Joey taking drugs isn't against the rules? :lol: I reckon you'd make a great pirate, with your one eye and all.

simmo1

First Grade
yes:crazy:

why would i put my two bobs worth in on something i know f*ck all about or have no experience

hahaha, so you hit the eccys and then played like a superstar. :crazy:

Jesus christ, he wouldnt even be able to ****ing kick the ball straight if he pinged up before a game. Let alone be the best in the sport.

Latest posts