What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer v Johns

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
hahaha, so you hit the eccys and then played like a superstar. :crazy:

Jesus christ, he wouldnt even be able to ****ing kick the ball straight if he pinged up before a game. Let alone be the best in the sport.

he said he needed eccies to get through the fame. When lyon felt it too much he quit, when tim smith felt it too much he got basically forced out of the club. Yet, newie ppl and the media protected johns throughout his career whilst he did illegal ****. Thats cheating. Times liek these it hink about the likes of Craig Field.

simmo1

First Grade
he said he needed eccies to get through the fame. When lyon felt it too much he quit, when tim smith felt it too much he got basically forced out of the club. Yet, newie ppl and the media protected johns throughout his career whilst he did illegal ****. Thats cheating. Times liek these it hink about the likes of Craig Field.

What half baked drivel. So he cheated because other people covered it up for him. What utter horse ****.

Misty Bee

First Grade
You keep talkin about that one WCF, how about Locky in the TNF or Ashes 2003 (all 3 games were last minute escapes engineered by Lockyer...) didn't expect you to have watched that though...

Firstly, check post # 68. Heather's lovely pass to Ricketson was part of a movenemt started by someone else.

Secondly, there was no Tri Nations tournament in 2003

Mr Farenheit said:
Lockyer wasn't a goalkicker by choice, so there goes your major point.

Shirking his duties? Did Joey ever do that?

Chucky said:
1996 for the Knights. Played like Ben Kusto most of the yr.

WTF? Got any proof of that?

BTW, knew you'd ignore his muscular dystrophy.

Chucky said:
How about Lockyer in 2006...had a pretty good yr for a hack 5/8 as most f**ktards thought.

HAd a lot of sucess in 06, but the Broncos only caught fire halfway through the semis. Still, that was the year he finally worked out how to play pivot. And his rep sucess? Yep - he suddenly shone in the rep arena - AFTER Joey retired.

Big Pete said:
Must I repeat myself? Yes as Rugby League players their equal. Lockyer was able to dominate in two positions, Johns only in one.

Joey dominated as hooker in Origin as I recall.

Joey also dominated in every year he played. Heather didn't.

So Joey taking drugs isn't against the rules? :lol: I reckon you'd make a great pirate, with your one eye and all.

Anywhere in the rule book that says drug taking isn't allowed? Dropping E IS illegal, but not necessarily cheating. Ask Rodney Howe the difference.

Also ask Heather about Wendell's cocaine bust while you are there.

Mr Saab

Referee

Read his book for a start. He admitted as much in the book. He didnt give a **** about the game

Really? Please do go on with that one

HAd a lot of sucess in 06, but the Broncos only caught fire halfway through the semis. Still, that was the year he finally worked out how to play pivot. And his rep sucess? Yep - he suddenly shone in the rep arena - AFTER Joey retired.

Again, you want to ignore his test match performances. You are a ignorant and geniused as they come.

8Ball

First Grade
Yep - he suddenly shone in the rep arena - AFTER Joey retired.

What does Joey retiring have to do with Lockyer shining in the rep arena Misty brain? Joey probably wasn't available for half the games anyway.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
What half baked drivel. So he cheated because other people covered it up for him. What utter horse ****.

Nothing to do with other peoiple covering up for him, he still cheated. Whether he got away with it by blind luck or others covered for him.

bartman

Immortal
He probably can't repeat Joey's feats, simply because he's not on the "magic potions" before the game...!

Joey loses points in my eyes, simply because he was a wanker. And he was a souky on-field wanker well before any of the revelations about his breaching the player drug code came to light. But I respect Lockyer a lot more.

Last edited:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Firstly, check post # 68. Heather's lovely pass to Ricketson was part of a movenemt started by someone else.

dude, thats like the 3rd time youve been flat wrong in this thread. I said ASHES 2003 not TN :roll:

The fact that he still took the odd kick despite his injury is a testament to his character and strong will over the glory junkie joey.

Anywhere in the rule book that says drug taking isn't allowed? Dropping E IS illegal, but not necessarily cheating. Ask Rodney Howe the difference.

Also ask Heather about Wendell's cocaine bust while you are there

I've already explained how it was cheating, once again for the crackheads of the world... Pro athletes face pressures, some fold under these despite being fantastic talents, others choose to take drugs to escape the expectations/pressures. Joey took drugs to deal with that aspect so he could perform better on the field, whislt not technically performance enhancing... you'd have to be deadset worse than Truth to not see the connection.

Misty Bee

First Grade
dude, thats like the 3rd time youve been flat wrong in this thread. I said ASHES 2003 not TN :roll:

You actually said TNF and Ashes in 2003. ONly the Ashes were played in 2003. Maybe you should explain which TNF Lockyer engineered the winning play in?

The fact that he still took the odd kick despite his injury is a testament to his character and strong will over the glory junkie joey.
What injury made him wimp out of the goal kicking duties?

I do recall Joey playing a GF with a punctured lung. And engineering the most famous winning play of all.

I've already explained how it was cheating, once again for the crackheads of the world... Pro athletes face pressures, some fold under these despite being fantastic talents, others choose to take drugs to escape the expectations/pressures. Joey took drugs to deal with that aspect so he could perform better on the field, whislt not technically performance enhancing... you'd have to be deadset worse than Truth to not see the connection.

Wrong. He took 'em so he could deal with life in general. It had nothing to do with playing better, which he stated was the adrenalin rush that gave him release. It was the other side of life where he suffered the effects of bi-polar.

But of course to you f**nuckles, bi-polar is nothing. Pathetic.

Big Pete

Referee

Joey dominated as hooker in Origin as I recall.

Joey also dominated in every year he played. Heather didn't.

Also ask Heather about Wendell's cocaine bust while you are there.

1996 wasn't a superb year for Joey was it? :lol: Both players had mediocre seasons

Played one good game coming off the bench if I can recall correctly. That's hardly dominating, one good game, heck any player is capable of that. Joey made his name in one position, Lockyer made his name in two, that's the point I was trying to make.

Surely it's against the rules Misty. That's why they test for it. He cheated the tests and was thus allowed to play. If he was caught (as he should've been) he would've been rubbed out of it for a few seasons.

What does Wendall Sailor drug bust have to do with Lockyer? If you're trying to suggest what I think you're trying to suggest Misty than surely you're getting ahead of yourself. In Australia it's innocent until proven guilty and apart from that one coincidence, there is very little to suggest otherwise.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
You actually said TNF and Ashes in 2003. ONly the Ashes were played in 2003. Maybe you should explain which TNF Lockyer engineered the winning play in?

What injury made him wimp out of the goal kicking duties?

I do recall Joey playing a GF with a punctured lung. And engineering the most famous winning play of all.

Wrong. He took 'em so he could deal with life in general. It had nothing to do with playing better, which he stated was the adrenalin rush that gave him release. It was the other side of life where he suffered the effects of bi-polar.

But of course to you f**nuckles, bi-polar is nothing. Pathetic.

He took an illegal substance to deal with life = cheating. He needed to deal with life, a life that included him being a pro RL player. If he couldn't deal with life, he couldn't play RL. Tim smith could have done the same and dealt with life and continued to play, maybe Craig Field was doing the same

Lockyer had a muscle issue near his knee, they always used to spruik on about in commentary... & i never said Locky engineered a last minute escape in a TN final, i said he played match winning hands. And the TN final where Aust won in extra time... 05/06... the one with the SFS, wasn't it thurston or lockyer who scored in extra time? (one of them set up the other)

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Misty Bee, we've had a decent discussion, but unfortuneately some of us have to pay taxes for you to be able to get the Dole. So i'm heading off, but since i'm a nice guy, i'll leave you with a happy ending. (i'm only providing the material, the rest is up to you champ ;-))

321058.jpg

Misty Bee

First Grade
He took an illegal substance to deal with life = cheating. He needed to deal with life, a life that included him being a pro RL player. If he couldn't deal with life, he couldn't play RL. Tim smith could have done the same and dealt with life and continued to play, maybe Craig Field was doing the same

Lockyer had a muscle issue near his knee, they always used to spruik on about in commentary... & i never said Locky engineered a last minute escape in a TN final, i said he played match winning hands. And the TN final where Aust won in extra time... 05/06... the one with the SFS, wasn't it thurston or lockyer who scored in extra time? (one of them set up the other)

LOL, you toss off about Lockyer doing something you can't remember???

I'll fill you in. He ran off a sweet Thurson pass that the Queen Mother would have scored off with her walking frame!

BTW, unless you have proof that Joey was high in E DURING a game, and that it was PERFORMANCE ENHANCING, it's not cheating.

And a 'muscle issue' near Heather's knee - :lol::lol: I hear Sam Backo once played a game with a band aid on his toe. Maybe that's hero stuf in Queensland, but winning GF's with a punctured lung is REAL heroism.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Johns was great
Lockyer is great
Johns was a genius
Lockyer is a genius

Let's just leave it at that or else Misty might get too offended. Seriously though Misty is defending Johns like a primary school kid trying to argue that his dad is stronger than his friends dad.

hellteam

First Grade
Ecstacy is banned by ASDA in competition periods. As well as being illegal, it is seen as performance enhancing (even though I really doubt it would be).

If a player gets tested and tests positive for ecstacy during the off-season, they can't and won't get suspended by ASDA.

If a player gets tested and tests positive during the season proper, they get suspended for 2 years.

Therefore if Joey Johns took them during the season, like he says he has, he cheated the system and got away with it.

Therefore he cheated. Seems pretty black and white to me.

Mr Saab

Referee
Wrong. He took 'em so he could deal with life in general.

My god. He dealt with life by taking ecstacy pills (and if you think it was just Es you have your marbles all of the playground...rich people dont just take Es) thats one your best.
Poooooooooooor baby Johns...couldnt handle life making 1 million plus a year.
****....what about the men making 50k supporting 2 children a wife and a mortgage??????? If those poor pricks could AFFORD to they would have take every assortment imaginable to "deal with life".

Misty...you have shyte for brains....actually...no, you dont have a single brain cell.

Last edited: