What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis at fullback - Has everyone forgotten?

thenry

Juniors
Why has everyone forgotten about Inglis at fullback? Is it just me or would he be the best going around if he had have stayed there the last couple of years.
He is big, strong, quick, can jump and catch, safe under the high ball, great in broken play and is great at support play.

I know he got MOM in the GF last year (IIRC) at #6, but come on be honest, you have to admit you'd love to see him at the back with acres of space to work with and with far less defensive work to do.

cheers

thenry

hellteam

First Grade
He's a good fullback but we already have a few of them. He's just as good, if not better a winger as well.

Hodges best position is fullback too i reckon

Misty Bee

First Grade
He's a good fullback but we already have a few of them. He's just as good, if not better a winger as well.

Hodges best position is fullback too i reckon

fullback is his best position IMHO. However, he can't make fullback at his own club.

He's a **** winger too, and apart from bombs that hit Mars, a crap pivot.

Centre is his future. Even there he is short on Gasnier, Cooper and Hodges.

hellteam

First Grade
But he's the best winger in the whole game i reckon. I like seeing him there for QLD and Aus

bender

Juniors
I thought it bizarre in origin one, when Queensland had 5/8 problems that they seemed to forget that inglis could play 5/8. Even now with Lockyer coming back at 5/8 people seem to forget how good Lockyer used to be as a fullback, also. This time around, Inglis should be the 5/8 and Lockyer should come off the bench after 25 mins where he would destroy a tired NSW defence.

hellteam

First Grade
Inglis is shocking at five eight. He just runs across field and gives ordinary passes to people.. you can tell he's not a five eight. Sometimes he even runs around the back of his players and gives away penalities

Misty Bee

First Grade
But he's the best winger in the whole game i reckon. I like seeing him there for QLD and Aus

Pfft! Hayne shat all over him in Origin 1. Perret shat all over him in the test - apart from his fairy hop pass to Gasnier.

Abz

Juniors
fullback is his best position IMHO. However, he can't make fullback at his own club.

He's a **** winger too, and apart from bombs that hit Mars, a crap pivot.

Centre is his future. Even there he is short on Gasnier, Cooper and Hodges.
thatsgold.gif

watatank

Coach
Pfft! Hayne shat all over him in Origin 1. Perret shat all over him in the test - apart from his fairy hop pass to Gasnier.

It was Gasnier who outplayed Inglis, not Hayne. As for Perrett dominating Inglis...:lol: He didn't do anything but score the last try. Mind you, Inglis didn't have much of a bearing on the game either...but you get that when you play outside Gasnier.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Why has everyone forgotten about Inglis at fullback? Is it just me or would he be the best going around if he had have stayed there the last couple of years.
He is big, strong, quick, can jump and catch, safe under the high ball, great in broken play and is great at support play.

I know he got MOM in the GF last year (IIRC) at #6, but come on be honest, you have to admit you'd love to see him at the back with acres of space to work with and with far less defensive work to do.

cheers

thenry

They'll keep picking Slater and he'll keep getting smashed.

gurudave

Juniors
Inglis is definitely a great fullback but when you have Hunt there he really isn't needed.

Latest posts