What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chance t williams might stay.....

lucablight

First Grade
I must be watching a different game. Other than running into a hole made by the muppet who snapped his achilles, he's not done much. Inu is making his job very easy out there.

No offence man but you're either very deluded or have a bad case of sour grapes. Anyone can tell from watching the last two games that the Eels have screwed up and let go of a very talented player.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I must be watching a different game. Other than running into a hole made by the muppet who snapped his achilles, he's not done much. Inu is making his job very easy out there.
Ok Dennis :roll: He was unstoppable the whole game.

Gronk

Staff member
No offence man but you're either very deluded or have a bad case of sour grapes. Anyone can tell from watching the last two games that the Eels have screwed up and let go of a very talented player.

No doubt he has talent lucablight and on that basis I wish we kept him as well. But today he did nothing other than have a solid game. Try and keep it real matey. :roll:

lucablight

First Grade
No doubt he has talent lucablight and on that basis I wish we kept him as well. But today he did nothing other than have a solid game. Try and keep it real matey. :roll:

If we are being "real" I would say you aren't really giving him enough credit.

Avenger

Immortal
I heard last Thursday but today it was also on the radio so here goes: Williams has not signed anything yet.

EGGG

Juniors
He really is T-Rex

Big teeth with something missing upstairs

Let him go, nothing special about him except his biceps

Ron Jeremy

Coach
haha at the people who thought he may be a flop in firsts, it was as clear as f**king day that Tony is first grade at least standard, but hey nah he might be the next Steve Witt blah blah sh*t.

Gronk

Staff member
But in Gronks eyes our management can't do anything wrong, president of the Dennis fan club.

FMD I don't know what else you want me to say, I've said that I wished we kept him. So sorry that I didn't get a woody about him like you did today. :crazy:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
FMD I don't know what else you want me to say, I've said that I wished we kept him. So sorry that I didn't get a woody about him like you did today. :crazy:
:lol: A Woody, not as a hard as Manly fans would have been watching today. he had made over 300 metres in his first 2 NRL games. Not bad for just a solid player.

Hurriflatch

Referee
everyone except Hagan saw Williams' talent

if he had been brought into 1st grade instead of Tautai.

Williams would still be at the club as he would've been signed for the 75k before Manly got the 150k offer on the table.

pathetic Hagan pathetic

EGGG

Juniors
I prefer Tautai instead of Williams because he seems to have a better nose for the ball.

Williams seems like the type to drift in and out of games after he gets his big contract. aka Eric Grothe Jr the 2nd

Hurriflatch

Referee
Tautai has far too many errors in him

3-4 times today he dropped the ball with no pressure and he got very lucky with a penalty that should not have been a penalty, Tautai dropped it cold and got lucky

Ant

Juniors
I think Tony Williams has shown us all in his first 2 games in top grade that he is a big powerful man and given time to wind up he is a big problem for any defence.

I don't want to rain on the parade too much, because for a debut player he has done very well.
But he was stopped in his tracks today a few times when the defence was set, its not like he throws people away on every run. I'd also add in terms of opposition he has not had it too tough, canberra at parra stadium and a massively understrength tigers is not the type of teams we need to beat to win the title.

I thought defencively he looks a little lost at times, but thats no suprise given his lack of wing play in recent times.

So well done so far Tony, but I must say I would like to see him play some tough opposition, because there were a few things about his game on the wing that worried me.

strider

Post Whore
tbh - tony has done as well as he could have so far - but he hasn't been tested ... both games were against pretty poor opposition ..... but damn he could be anything!

Gronk

Staff member
I think Tony Williams has shown us all in his first 2 games in top grade that he is a big powerful man and given time to wind up he is a big problem for any defence.

I don't want to rain on the parade too much, because for a debut player he has done very well.
But he was stopped in his tracks today a few times when the defence was set, its not like he throws people away on every run. I'd also add in terms of opposition he has not had it too tough, canberra at parra stadium and a massively understrength tigers is not the type of teams we need to beat to win the title.

I thought defencively he looks a little lost at times, but thats no suprise given his lack of wing play in recent times.

So well done so far Tony, but I must say I would like to see him play some tough opposition, because there were a few things about his game on the wing that worried me.

Kimmorley will bomb the crap out of him next week.

Of course this is all irrelevant as Manly aim to use him in the backrow. It will be fascinating to watch his transition. I suspect that he would be a Willie Mason type of player with the occasional run up the middle.

Latest posts