What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chance t williams might stay.....

strider

Post Whore
tbh I'd like to see us use him in the second row .... I fear for us if we come up against a team that knows how to exploit outside backs .... i think tony has done well but he's not overly quick and his size doesn't allow him to turn real fast

MuleEel

Juniors
We will get the best out of Williams. I feel a bit sorry for him as he has made a blunder going to Manly who will not be patient with him. I think he will be on the scrap heap Joe Gnulavao style within three seasons - due to Manly not doing the right thing by him.
However, he will give Parra a brilliant end to the season while opposition teams come to grips with the magnitude of his strength.

Jodeci

Bench
You people need to seriously wake up.

He did what every young teenager would have done.

Put yourself in his shoes, a young footballer, offered a better contract with regards to not only money but lifestyle, and being promised a regular first grade spot.

He took that option and good on the kid for doing so.

If anyone here says that if they were in his situation, they would of stayed for less money and not being promised a regular spot are kidding themselves.

Close the thread somebody because it's seriously getting beyond stupidity.

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Although Williams left for the $$, hopefully he can help give us a premiership this season. My team for the rest of the season would be- (although will never actually eventuate)

1-Hayne
2-Williams
3-Reddy
4-Inu
5-Grothe
6-Mateo
7-Finch
8-Cayless
9-Keating
10-Fui
11-Hindy
12-Huraki
13-Robinson

14-Riddell
15-Cordoba
16-Oake
17-Paulo

This is the team that could take us to premiership glory.

caylo

Bench
I think Grothe can come back bigger and better but im not holding my breath. I think the team to take out 08 will be

Burt
Reddy
Benny
Hayne
Inu
Mateo
Finch
Cayless
Keating
Cordoba
Hindmarsh
Hauraki
Robenson

Riddell
Williams
Paulo
Fuifui

Wagon will unfortunatly pull get injured (tearing his peck mucsle passing the ball), if not i hope he gets dropped TBH because that would also mean Robo (who has been in better form) could play 80 min

We will get the best out of Williams. I feel a bit sorry for him as he has made a blunder going to Manly who will not be patient with him. I think he will be on the scrap heap Joe Gnulavao style within three seasons - due to Manly not doing the right thing by him.
However, he will give Parra a brilliant end to the season while opposition teams come to grips with the magnitude of his strength.

100% inaccurate. Manly has an envious record on developing players with patience. If you take out the obvious playmakers like Ox & Lyon to whom this issue doesnt apply, then we have carefully developed over 80% of the remaining squad. Of the rmaining 20% (eg Michael Bani, Mattai) each has shown high levels of skill sets and endurance for the game.

So basically, your assertion is a hessian bag full of bollocks.

The Colonel

Immortal
I heard last Thursday but today it was also on the radio so here goes: Williams has not signed anything yet.

Standard_Long_Bow.jpg

redeel

Juniors
all i can addis i was pissed off when we lost lyon,and then tonga,but then we produce hayne and inu,in return.
I am pissed at the loss of williams,but we will come up with another one im sure of it.
as for manly developing players? pull your head out of your arse mate,if cleal didnt still have close contacts with someone at parra,and understand the production line of jnrs here,you would not even know about williams.
remember orford,you couldnt get rid of him fast enough,to buy kimmorley,after one season,your impatients stood you all up

FMD, now ive heard everything. This whole thread has been built on firstly that Williams shouldnt leave parra because he is the best promising junior since jesus wandered through northmead and then, once you dimwitted eels prats finally (ad nauseum) figured out he is gone to Manly, you promote that Williams is some sort of unknown quantity who may well be nothing. All the while, your numnut coach has belatedly figured out he belongs in first grade & is discovers he is impressive.

What a completley broken down stupid club you have. Enjoy :lol:

Interestingly enough, I have heard if Etu Usalie didn't get injured against Newtown while playing for Wenty, he would have gotten the call up instead of Tony Williams.

strider

Post Whore
i keep expecting to see the press conference with the horse each night when I go home ... tbh i'm getting a bit concerned now :-s

Latest posts