What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chance t williams might stay.....

bradeel

Juniors
all of the gold from late last night of me and others battling with Jatz Crackers was moved to the Swamp so that brought the post count down significantly for this thread.

Nickeel

Juniors
all of the gold from late last night of me and others battling with Jatz Crackers was moved to the Swamp so that brought the post count down significantly for this thread.

We shall just have to WORK HARDER then! :lol:

Nick

lucablight

First Grade
Williams is a young 2nd Rower playing wing. If you have a look at his positional wing play, well it is interesting. There is no doubt he is a big bloke, but at the moment he is running at centres and wingers not 2nd rowers.

So you're saying if Etu had played there was a chance he would have had played better than Williams did in his last two games?

eels_fan_01

Bench
Im being very positive here but i was thinking, maybe we've got a pretty got deal with Williams.

Look at all the big stars to play the game, they always have what they call the 2nd year syndrome even Hayne had it IMO.

So we have him while the other coaches don't know hes weaknesses and other wingers, centres and general players etc haven't played against him so don't know how he plays. People get carried away with players like Williams but being strong and quick doesn't always mean you will be a great first grade player.

If you refer to my original question I was asking if that was right or not.

I don't know, I don't have a Crystal ball. I don't know how Etu would have played in the last two games, nor really do we know how Eric would have played in those games.

Tony put in a great piece of defensive play against the Raiders holding a bloke up, don't get me wrong, but he is getting a few kicks put in behind him as well as jamming in on the centre to leave the wingers unmarked.

lucablight

First Grade
I don't know, I don't have a Crystal ball. I don't know how Etu would have played in the last two games, nor really do we know how Eric would have played in those games.

Tony put in a great piece of defensive play against the Raiders holding a bloke up, don't get me wrong, but he is getting a few kicks put in behind him as well as jamming in on the centre to leave the wingers unmarked.

Based on what you've seen out of Etu and Williams who would you have played in first grade if you were the coach?

bradeel

Juniors
We shall just have to WORK HARDER then! :lol:

Nick

No worries - happy to oblige. The great Tony Williams will he or won't he has got to be in the running for the League Unlimited Forum's Thread of the Year Award.

Incidentally, if no such award is in existence, as I suspect it is not, then I propose that "chance T Williams might stay..." be named the inaugural winner.

Based on what you've seen out of Etu and Williams who would you have played in first grade if you were the coach?

I have seen Etu play more full back than wing, but he is quick. Tony I have seen play Second row and his runs over people (at least in the 20's at that position). So at wing, I don't know, and I am not the coach.

lucablight

First Grade
I have seen Etu play more full back than wing, but he is quick. Tony I have seen play Second row and his runs over people (at least in the 20's at that position). So at wing, I don't know, and I am not the coach.

I know you're not the coach but hypothetically if you had to choose last week who do you think should have been picked if both were available?

cardinal

Juniors
Come on you lazy sods lift this thread to 1000, or I may have to go back and talk to the horse. By the way I still don't believe the big boy has offically signed !