What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

graham and isofia to debut story in paper

mxlegend99

Referee
Elliott is suggesting that Wade Graham will only play if Michael Jennings and Tony Puletua don't. There was no mention of Masada Iosefa in that second article though :(

Big Mick

Referee
Drop Peters, Moors and Aiton?....

1. Wesser, 2. Rooney, 3. Jennings, 6. Blair, 5. Tighe, 18. Wade Graham, 7. Luke Lewis, 8. Petero Civoniceiva, 19. Masada Iosefa, 20. Tony Puletua, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Trent Waterhouse, 13. Nathan Smith
RES: 5. Jarrod Sammut, 15. Tim Grant, 10. Matthew Bell, 17. Shane Rodney

??

*Sandy*

First Grade
For Wade's sake I hope he plays.
"There was a whisper going around a month ago that he might play. It got out that he had done some stuff with the team and a couple of blokes [journalists] rang him up. But he ended up staying in the under-20s and he didn't have a very good game that week.
Right there pretty much tells us that it will do his head in and he will have a crap game in the u/20's if ME plays his silly games with team changes. And further proof why I'm not a fan of that coaching method.

And what about the poor excuse that has Sammut on the Wing.
Elliott said Jarrod Sammut, who played halfback for Penrith earlier in the season only to be switched to the wing recently, was required to stay out wide because of the club's current shortage of outside backs.
That's f**ken bullsh*t.

Big Mick

Referee
The reason for Shortage: We have a centre and winger playing in the halves and a half playing on the wing...

maple_69

Bench
You're right Mick. A further reason for shortage, is Elliott's refusal to promote younger guys.
I get that it's a big leap, but I think a guy like Watene would go fine. Tia-Kilifi is a bit raw, but Watene has been playing most of the season in the open ages and has a lot of talent.
Anyway if your listed side runs out I'm sure a lot of people would be happy.

choc_soldier

Coach
Elliot's "stop gap" measures by having players out of position worked against the injury ravaged and out of form teams (i.e. Bulldogs and Warriors) but have struggled against better teams.

It's time we stopped mucking around and put players in positions where they excel. Yes, we have an injury ravaged squad, but it's no excuse. If it means blooding some wunderkids from the red hot Toyota Cup team, then so be it.

Lewis is not a long term number 7. Yes, he is doing an OK job, but the fact that he keeps being named there worries me. Play him at five-eighth if it's necessary. Sammut is not a winger - play him either at fullback or in the halves. We can play Tighe there if necessary, and just shift Blair into the centres.

With the halfback role, hopefully Sammut or perhaps even Graham can have that position for the rest of the season - we need more authority (for want of a better word) there.

Alehana

Juniors
hope masada is playing looking forward to watch this kid play, very exciting future, between him and luke for the kiwis 9 in few years. be like thurston and prince for QLD 7.

Caged Panther

First Grade
With the halfback role, hopefully Sammut or perhaps even Graham can have that position for the rest of the season - we need more authority (for want of a better word) there.

We need vision and a better passing game from our halves. There have been plenty of opportunties the last few weeks that have gone begging because lewis couldn't produce a decent pass when we needed it.

Kilkenny

Coach
Iosefa and Graham were made aware early in the week they would be making there debuts this week.

It's hard to imagine what benefit there was to be gained by the smokescreen tactics and I am sure Nathan Brown and his Dragon's were well aware and prepared for this outcome.

Aiton has every reason to be perplexed and pissed off! Which I have on good authority he well and truly is!

Now as this season has unfolded we have totally screwed young Jarrod Sammut around, the same is now happened to Paul Aiton so god only knows what fate awaits Wade Graham. Lord knows if our only fit first grade winger in Rooney get's injured any time soon then Wade Graham can possibly expect to find himself on the wing in the top grade such is the master strokes from the master coach.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
I think Graham did nothing.
Bob Blair would have been better for us.
Keith Peters also did nothing.
Aiton should definetely be in the side next week.
Masada did well but could have been better.

Big Mick

Referee
Masada ---> Aiton

Was crisper, faster and better...Aiton is a shadow of two years ago unfortunately.

Munky

Coach
Masada's passing was excellent.

Put some swweeping movements into action, unfortunately Lewis isn't the right man to be making decisions in these movements.

Graham was slightly dissapointing in attack but his defence was awesome for a kid on debut.

Bob

Juniors
Masada's passing was excellent.

Put some swweeping movements into action, unfortunately Lewis isn't the right man to be making decisions in these movements.

Graham was slightly dissapointing in attack but his defence was awesome for a kid on debut.

Give him time. Another couple of games in 1st grade so he can used to the pace of the game and I think we will see a different player.

Fibroman

First Grade
Graham looks more solid than Sammut already, due to his size and defence.

When Jennings returns, our side will look better, because Masada and Graham will ensure than Jennings gets quality ball alot faster than he currently is.

Jennings is the key to our attack along with Wesser/and or Coote.

Latest posts