What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill Runner

strider

Post Whore
There is actually a player that came over to the Dogs this year because Sonny Bill told him that it would be a good opportunity and that he would look after him etc. This kid is apparently very disallousioned (spl) now :(
gee - I dunno if i'd all brett kimmorley a kid :-s

Rogue.9

Juniors
I never though I would say this but I actually feel sorry for the bulldogs. It was the same as when Lyon walked out on the eels a few years ago, not only do you lose one of your best players but also the players you had to let go to fit them under the salary cap and at this stage of the year there isn't a great deal of talent left on the market unless another club is wanting to off-load a few players.

Glenn

First Grade
Never will have any sympathy for the flea bags, but what $BW has done is a disgrace even by Canterbury standards.

Gronk

Staff member
It will be interesting if the Dogs can get an injunction to prevent $BW playing over there and if they could be bothered spending the massive cash to fight it. Even if they win, they will end up with a player who doesn't want to be there.

Parra Guru

Coach
Who gives a sh*t. The NRL are backing them all the way. It would be better for them to make him see out his contract and drop him to park footy for the next 4 years :lol: I'd allow them a salary cap consession for that!

woddy

Juniors
real dog act by SBW against his club, supporters and contract but i expect this to be settled out of court with all the millions the french onions have the dogs will be laughing behind closed doors all the way to the bank . All the sympathy he tried to create was bulls*&^%

pretty ordinary effort.
Leaving without even telling your club or team mates, bet there is some jurnos in france looking for him when he lands and hound him.
Lyon leaft us in ordinary fashion but not as bad as this goose.
He will just get more newspaper space now.

bartman

Immortal
Sonny... what a wanker. This seems worse than anything Jamie Lyon or Tim Smith did to the club.

Wasn't he just on the footy show the last few weeks, talking up his loyalty, and being offered as a prize for turning up at some kids' thing?

Hands up who thinks the influence of player managers is a positive thing in our game?

strider

Post Whore
he'd been on the footy show ALOT lately - I assume ch9 came to the party and offered him extra 3rd party $$$s ontop of his contract if he did appearances for them to try and keep him happy .... seems only 1 thing was gonna make sonny happy - the big million+

it was only a matter of time before something like this happened contracts mean nothing these days if a player or club wants out of them i hope the bulldogs take sonny bill to the cleaners and make a contract worth something again

strider

Post Whore
maybe sonny has decided its still gonna be worth it to take the contract in france and it'd still cover any amount he could get fined through legal action by the dogs??? .... anyone know what sort of money law suit they could throw at him?

Stagger eel

Staff member
this is gone beyond a hating a rival club, no fan deserves to go through what they;re going through atm, try explaining to every kid who supports the dogs and has SBW posters covering their bedroom walls that their favourite player has turned his back on his team and walked out on the club?? it is definitely a hard pill to swallow and I regard it as a bigger dog act than the Lyons saga, atleast he didn't turn to another club straight away despite the fact we knew what his intentions were.

SBW, prick of the earth!!

sportive cupid

Referee
Sonny... what a wanker. This seems worse than anything Jamie Lyon or Tim Smith did to the club.

Wasn't he just on the footy show the last few weeks, talking up his loyalty, and being offered as a prize for turning up at some kids' thing?

Hands up who thinks the influence of player managers is a positive thing in our game?
Hey yeah I saw that! Wonder if he has done that appearance yet:lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
there's some bad player managers out there but Nassar takes the prize as the greeatest merkin this great earth has seen.