What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stepehen Kearney new panthers coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraymob

First Grade
any one who thinks getting rid of just elliott will solve the problems at penrith are kidding themselves.There needs to be a complete look at the entire club from board members to playing roster.I also think the junior programe was doing pretty well before elliott arrived. We won jersey flegg the year before he arrived.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Of course sacking elliott won't solve all our problems. It's time for changes in the top tier of management too.

lsta5838

Juniors
I will take it. But I think I might prefer Anderson as the brains trust, with Kearney and MG as the motivators!

bigfoot

Juniors
Penrith still deciding on Elliott

September 05, 2008
PENRITH were unable to confirm or deny the sacking of coach Matthew Elliott.
Speculation was rife Elliott had been shown the door after a disappointing NRL season, the Panthers slumping to four losses in their last five games missing the finals.

“I spoke to the CEO (Mick Leary) at about 7.50pm and he said there hadn't been any further decisions made on Matthew Elliott's future at the club,'' a Panthers media spokesman said.

“At this stage we can't confirm or deny it.''

Leary was at a referees' function and wasn’t contactable.

The Panthers play their last match for 2008 against frontrunners Manly at CUA Stadium Saturday night.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24301679-23214,00.html

murraymob

First Grade
at least with kearney the offloading of our forwards will not only improve but will be encouraged .The skill level is there already it has just been forced out of them

Avenger

Immortal
Just leave Daniel Anderson for us.

Thanks in advance.

Good move re: Kearney by the way.

choc_soldier

Coach
Not shooting the messenger CP... :lol:

I haven't been watching the footy tonight - my wife and I have been watching DVD's, so this is the first I've heard it.

It is a bit strange that Voss knows about it, but Andrew Farrell doesn't, and Leary hasn't confirmed it (albeit he's uncontactable at the moment).

All will be revealed in the next 24-48 hours I guess... hopefully it's the news we've all been praying and hoping for. :)

Caged Panther

First Grade
Not shooting the messenger CP... :lol:

I haven't been watching the footy tonight - my wife and I have been watching DVD's, so this is the first I've heard it.

It is a bit strange that Voss knows about it, but Andrew Farrell doesn't, and Leary hasn't confirmed it (albeit he's uncontactable at the moment).

All will be revealed in the next 24-48 hours I guess... hopefully it's the news we've all been praying and hoping for. :)

Vossy said he spoke with leary

murraymob

First Grade
choc just to clear it up
Voss is doing the broncos game with gould they said elliott gone kearney in his place
Warren and Stirling doing the roosters dragons game said news coming out of penrith in regards to coaching but never said any more

Big Mick

Referee
Someone with better knowledge of the club might be able to answer this better than me but while Elliott is a sh*t first grade coach am I wrong in thinking that he might be halfway decent with regards to junior development and putting in the structure that surrounds it?

John Lang and Roycie put the structures in.

Elliots done SFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts