What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers sack Elliot

Loudstrat

Coach
I don't think Parra have ever sacked a coach. Going back, since I have followed them, they've had Hagan, Taylor, Smith, Hilditch, Cronin, Monie, Gibson, Peard, Fearnley and Provan. None sacked.

Parramatta is a coaches public service.

Patorick

Staff member
I don't think Parra have ever sacked a coach. Going back, since I have followed them, they've had Hagan, Taylor, Smith, Hilditch, Cronin, Monie, Gibson, Peard, Fearnley and Provan. None sacked.

Parramatta is a coaches public service.
briansmith_narrowweb__300x384,0.jpg

Loudstrat

Coach
Is it? Actually, they have done better under Hagan on average than they did under Smith in his last 5 coaching years.

bartman

Immortal
Nice pick of Smith, who Parra never sacked. He quit. Parra have always honoured their coaches contracts.
Very true, sacking someone versus deciding not to give them a second five year extension (and giving the person a year's notice of that) are two very different things.

TITAN1

Juniors
Its not just the coach that needs a push-the board needs to be held accountable for dud decisions and be brought back down to earth..considering how penrith got elliott in the first place,it would be karma for him to be punted,i wonder if j lang is smiling at this news!!

(I know a few penrith fans are!!;-))

Chachi

Bench
It's tough and I really feel for the bloke.

Unfortunately he just didn't have the cattle.

mb63

Juniors
Elliott was pretty well regarded at Canberra.Since he has been at Penrith there has been player disenchantment,ordinary results & nonstop controversy.Why has his move been such a disaster?Would appear he will get the chop after tonight's game & unlikely to get another coaching gig.

mxlegend99

Referee
LMAO @ Elliott. The Raiders pretty much ended his career with that hiding. MUAHAHAHAHAAAA
If he gets sacked, we will forever love the Raiders for that hiding. It well and truly highlighted just how terrible he was. It couldn't have come at a better time. Our season is on the line and his former club who had "crap players" absolutely destroys his team full of international players. :lol:

As a Panthers fan that game really hurt... but it sure as hell look like it will have been for the best. :D

Now we just have to hope we can get Stephen Kearney. With all the Kiwi players in our team, he would probably be the ideal coach. Will also help us keep our Kiwi players if they think their odds at playing for NZ are higher.

Loudstrat

Coach
2GB are saying he has not been sacked

No. Nothing's official yet.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Dqniel Anderson come home to Parra in 2010 - after Hagan wins the comp with them next year [/wild unrealistic fantasy]

Its not just the coach that needs a push-the board needs to be held accountable for dud decisions and be brought back down to earth

Very true. Same applies at Parra. Have the cattle, have the infrastructure, haven't the right people in charge. None of the old legends like Fitzy and the board, except the ones Fitzy gave jobs to (Kolc, Hilditch). When Billy Gates realises he's a die hard eels fan and buys the club, the the premierships will roll back in!

Latest posts