What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Elliot gone!?

*Sandy*

First Grade
How weird is this! I just got a text message telling me Elliot was sacked and this is confirmed by Panthers? :?

mxlegend99

Referee
Well if any of this is true, there are going to be a lot of angry supporters.

And they have made MG and Girds job as pushing for more football membership VERY hard.
I won't be forking out for the membership.

Matt Elliott seeing out his contract means we have another year before a decent coach can come in and start to take us in the right direction. At the very earliest... we might be a decent team mid 2010.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I've asked for more information and who specifically did they get the information from.

murraymob

First Grade
whos your daddy i disagree .A good coach makes a plan to suit the players he has.Elliott has one way of doing things no matter who is on the field.A good coach does not have several players asking for releases .You may not be aware but elliot would tell players on the day of a game they where not playing

bigfoot

Juniors
I won't be forking out for the membership.

Matt Elliott seeing out his contract means we have another year before a decent coach can come in and start to take us in the right direction. At the very earliest... we might be a decent team mid 2010.

Not to mention that Elliott intends to stay much longer than that...
If the board are stupid enough to keep him this time, who says they're not stupid enough to re-sign him? :crazy:

Last edited:

lsta5838

Juniors
I think he will be with us still guys.

Lets give him one more chance.

Remember in 05 and 06 we weren't the best and Elliott was not there.

I think we will improve next year, but we will need a couple of 'old heads' to keep the youngsters in check.

*Sandy*

First Grade
My reply I got from that message is the source is someone who works in the Penrith Management. A fairly good source from what I've been given.

Well the plot thickens...

Edit: Maybe they got it wrong. God knows....

Last edited:

murraymob

First Grade
since they dont have anyone to take over from elliott they may be delaying the decision .But its strange faifax is saying he is staying

bigfoot

Juniors
My reply I got from that message is the source is someone who works in the Penrith Management. A fairly good source from what I've been given. Not going to mention it, wouldnt want them to lose their job...

Well the plot thickens...

Hmm...
This directly quotes Elliott!
The Penrith board has guaranteed that Matt Elliott will continue as coach for the 2009 season.
The club's chairman, Barry Walsh, emerged from a board meeting today to say that after a performance review covering the 2008 season, there would be no changes to the coaching structure.
"Matt Elliott attended the meeting and it was very productive,'' Walsh said.
"Whilst we acknowledge that there was disappointing aspects of the season we see a positive future. The board unanimously reaffirmed Matt Elliott will be remain as coach for 2009."
Elliott had earlier emerged from a meeting with the club's board to say that he has been told it is business as usual for him. There has been speculation for several days that Elliott would be sacked after Penrith missed the finals again.
"It was a performance review, that raised some areas that they (board) would like addressed," said Elliott.
"The fact is that at the moment, I've got a contract and the instructions coming out of the meeting are to continue."
Elliott said that the discussion with board had been "frank, open and honest" and that he went in there to give his straight forward view of what had gone wrong with the team's season.
"I'm not scared of my own opinion," Elliott said.
"My intention is to be here for next year and to help this club be successful over a sustained period."
Asked if he expected to see out 2009, "Yeah, and more," Elliott said.
Source:
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/elliott-safe-for-now/2008/09/08/1220725927850.html

lsta5838

Juniors
just when we thought it was all over.

My guess now, is that the board is in disarray.

Half of them want him, the other half want him to go.

unbeleivable.

bigfoot

Juniors
Sep 08 - Panthers Chairman has has delievered the following statement:

"Today we had a Board meeting to review our performance of season 2008.

Matt Elliott attended the meeting and it was very productive.

Whilst we acknowledge that there were disappointing aspects of the season we see a positive future.

The Board unanimously re-affirmed Matt Elliott will remain our coach for 2009
."
:crazy:
f**k YOU PENRITH BOARD! :x:(

*Sandy*

First Grade
From PI. http://penrith.panthers.com.au/default.aspx?id=3&ArticleID=853
Sep 08 - Panthers Chairman has has delievered the following statement:

"Today we had a Board meeting to review our performance of season 2008.

Matt Elliott attended the meeting and it was very productive.

Whilst we acknowledge that there were disappointing aspects of the season we see a positive future.

The Board unanimously re-affirmed Matt Elliott will remain our coach for 2009."

The person who sent me that message must have gotten it wrong...

Very weird.
Back

murraymob

First Grade
i hope someone from the club is looking at p1 now there are 44 people on there.This could be a make or break decision by the club.Clearly people feel strongly about this

*Sandy*

First Grade
Oh my god! My text message person is still saying they are very sure he is gone and they are not joking!!! :crazy:

I told them to check the website. lol!

How dare they play me.

bigfoot

Juniors
Oh my god! My text message person is still saying they are very sure he is gone and they are not joking!!! :crazy:

I told them to check the website. lol!

How dare they play me.

LOL.
Maybe they are in denial.
"Elliott is sacked!... He is!" :sarcasm:

Looks like we're doomed to another crap season next year with Luke Lewis at halfback, Nathan Smith at Lock, and players being picked out of position every week... for starters :(

*Sandy*

First Grade
I've apparently confused them now with official statements on PI and Fox Sports. Very weird, they've been spot on before.

I want confirmation as to whether Matt Adamson has been given the flick or not. Lots of hearsay but nothing confirmed yet is there?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Is Adamson still hanging around too?

From a distance that seems a bad move.

As for Elliot, well I do not rate him, but hey he has a contract.

Latest posts