What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lazy slob, hack journo haven

Hanscholo

Bench
Doing moronic sh*t like playing your centre piece spectacle game with none other than Melbourne playing in it at 5:30 on a Sunday probably does nothing to infuse the Melbourne people into wanting more news relating to RL. Honestly if we bent any further over for media outlets we'd have our heads up our own arses.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
You ever actually spoken to anyone that lives down there?? Most of them couldn't name one person in the Melbourne Storm team.
Find me one sports fan in Melbourne know doesn't know who Greg Inglis and Billy Slater are.

You might think im an AFL troll, but that just shows that your an idiot.
lol

I personally don't give a rats about AFL, but the Sydney Swans pull bigger crowds than any NRL team in Sydney. Time for you to pull your head out of your arse.
I don't even know where to begin... Outrated on tv by Iron Chef, one team representing 7M people, been in Sydney for 30 odd years compared to Melbourne's 10, etc

Perth Red

Post Whore
TBF take a walk through the Sydney CBD and you would barely know it's a RL city! I'm always disappointed that the NRL don't have posters/merchandise stands etc at airports proclaiming "This is RL country" type stuff.

You would think the Storm would feature heavily in the News Ltd papers down there.
One advantage of the Reds going to SL was that we got great support and coverage from the News Ltd Sunday paper at the time.

Ice777

Bench
Last night both the 7 and 9 news led off their sports bulletin with Storm just as they did the night before. Not sure about channel 10 as i'm still at work at that time but i've been told they've had reports every night as well.

I think the coverage in the papers has been pretty good as well, of course there could always be more but IMO opinion it hasn't been too bad. Nearly every day this week we've had a story 2 pages in of the sports section which doesn't happen all that often so people certainly know all about the game. Not to mention SEN a radio station totally dedicated to sport down here has given good coverage as well as they always do and will also be broadcasting the game.

People don't watch anything they don't like or care about no matter who they are or where they live. That being the case i think you'll find that the ratings for the GF in Melbourne will prove there's much more interest in the game and make a total arse out of badav and his claims that nobody gives a sh*t down here.

Last edited:

>zuzu<

Juniors
Last night both the 7 and 9 news led off their sports bulletin with Storm just as they did the night before. Not sure about channel 10 as i'm still at work at that time but i've been told they've had reports every night as well.

I think the coverage in the papers has been pretty good as well, of course there could always be more but IMO opinion it hasn't been too bad. Nearly every day this week we've had a story 2 pages in of the sports section which doesn't happen all that often so people certainly know all about the game. Not to mention SEN a radio station totally dedicated to sport down here has given good coverage as well as they always do and will also be broadcasting the game.

People don't watch anything they don't like or care about no matter who they are or where they live. That being the case i think you'll find that the ratings for the GF in Melbourne will prove there's much more interest in the game and make a total arse out of badav and his claims that nobody gives a sh*t down here.

Not trying to have a dig at ya mate - but were the AFL still in season mode, how far back in the bulletin would the NRL news have been?

I get what your saying - and the amount of support i see of AFL teams in just small stores, and on the streets, has been amazing in my trip to the Victorian Capital. I've seen these bulletins, but the coverage here is still fairly weak. Someone said it wont happen overnight - thats true.

Maybe winning two premierships back to back will give it a jolt