What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm the victim of an orchestrated media campaign

drake

First Grade
f**king victorians. I don't even see the Bruise as a Victorian team, just some corporate crap dumped in Melbourne as a failed cash grab.

StormChaser

First Grade
You wont have to look far mate, I will be here ready to throw as much crud as I can at the Storm and their large number of bandwagon supporters as I can. ;-)

Yep, Bandwagon supporters, nobody else but Storm supporters have those. Idiot.

f**king victorians. I don't even see the Bruise as a Victorian team, just some corporate crap dumped in Melbourne as a failed cash grab.

Newsflash. Sydney has a few Storm supporters too. You need to get over it. They ain't going anywhere.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
I smell a case of tall poppy syndrome from you Sydney-siders!

p.s. I'm actually from Sydney, but I remember people carrying on the same way against the Storm as you all did against the Bulldogs, as you all did against the Roosters, as you all did against Manly, as you all did against... Well, you get the point! The classic "if it ain't my team, and they're good, they must be grubby/whingers/cheaters/etc."

AILD

Bench
Its a similar tactic used by Sheedy when he was coach of Essendon,leading into finals time he would blame the judiciary and the press for any loss and use the old "us against the world" mentality.

who the f**k is sheedy?

Hanscholo

Bench
I am normally the first person to point the finger at Melbourne for whinging and attempting to be everything to everybody. Their jealously of Sydney is at times really embaressing. In this case, no doubt in my mind at all, this is Sydney doing a reverse Melbourne, Jan Brady is alive and well in Sydney.

Last edited:
I smell a case of tall poppy syndrome from you Sydney-siders!

p.s. I'm actually from Sydney, but I remember people carrying on the same way against the Storm as you all did against the Bulldogs, as you all did against the Roosters, as you all did against Manly, as you all did against... Well, you get the point! The classic "if it ain't my team, and they're good, they must be grubby/whingers/cheaters/etc."
Every team has braggin rights for a win..BUT the way they carried on after a win was just bloody idiotic....Bellamy saw it as a good tactic to lift his tiring team to a win over the sharks who played poorly...keep the roll on going for an extra week and its a seige...hmmmmmm Bennett taught him well those years ago
And they do whinge and cheat!

maccattack

Juniors
I think its pretty obvious the storm are coping far more than they deserve. Australias tall poppy syndrome is at work here. Drag them down to beat them.

If storm win this weekend it will be a massive victory against all odds.

If manly win it will be a hollow victory.

The headlines in Sydney media on Saturday:

"Storm get beaten by Manly - the day before the game".

This will be followed by a winners parade on Saturday afternoon and a civic reception for Manly on Sunday morning.

f**k the storm. im a queenslander, and i hate nsw, and dont mind the state of victoria at all, so in a match between victoria and new south wales, id back victoria all the way. but the melbourne storm are dirty scum, f**k the storm, go manly.

P.J.

Juniors
Absolutely agree. The vitriol coming out of the Sydney media and RL fanbase is bordering on pathetic.
I lived in Melbourne for 8 months and hated the insular and self-obsessed nature of Melbournians. I have never met a more close-minded brain-washed group of people in the world, and I have lived in America. And their hatred of Sydney is bordering on ... well

But now this media propaganda against the Storm is starting to make Melbournians look normal.

But then again most of you brain-washed Syndeysiders will call this article an example of more 'whinging' by the Storm. And thats exactly what the media wants you to think ... simply to promote the natural rivalry between Melbourne and Sydney. Except in most rivalries there is an ingrain respect of the rival, whereas in this rivalry especially on the Melbourne side of the fence, hatred is maybe a more apt term. Melbourians hate Sydney just because it is Sydney and they are jealous. Sydneysides have no reason to hate to Melbourne. You have no reason to be jealous. You have by far the better city, so why lower yourself to that level?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story
/0,21985,24422705-11088,00.html

Mate, fair dinkum the people who dont give a stuff about Melbourne, LIVE IN MELBOURNE!!!!!

3rd worst crowds in the comp, despite the fact they are into their 3rd straight grand final.

4.5 million dollar operating loss last year.

Media boycott of anything to do with them, Newpapers? NO. TV, yes at 1am. Want to know about RL in Melbourne? Forget it.

Bitch about Sydney all you want but the reason for the Storms pathetic support (which is best illustrated by footage just on the footy show showing only a couple of hundred people at their Grand Bloody Final Fan Day), the reason for the Storms pathetic support, all resides in Melbourne.

End of....

Corusant

Juniors
Mate, fair dinkum the people who dont give a stuff about Melbourne, LIVE IN MELBOURNE!!!!!

3rd worst crowds in the comp, despite the fact they are into their 3rd straight grand final.

4.5 million dollar operating loss last year.

Media boycott of anything to do with them, Newpapers? NO. TV, yes at 1am. Want to know about RL in Melbourne? Forget it.

Bitch about Sydney all you want but the reason for the Storms pathetic support (which is best illustrated by footage just on the footy show showing only a couple of hundred people at their Grand Bloody Final Fan Day), the reason for the Storms pathetic support, all resides in Melbourne.

End of....

Mate, the fan day was on a working day. Supporters like myself do work during the week and cannot attend such events.