What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark O'Neill

westie

Bench
Im just curious as to how you guys think that thread has any thing to do with this argument?

simon says

First Grade
innsaneink said:
oro said:
Do you have to sell your allegiance to become a WT supporter?
This sort of attitude really makes me puke....ppl that dont agree with the JV, yet feel the need to denigrate those that do and then they put themselves up on some sort of pedestal as loyal , REAL, supporters and think that they are somehow 'special' :roll:

Here here......irks me no end.

oro

Juniors
I highlighted the fraudulence that seems to permeate some WT supporters in their support of the JV.

Notably, when Simon says “I know who I used to support before the JV”, when he could have said simply Balmain?

Was it Simon just being coy or, is he more concerned about perceptions and the need to curry favour on the WT official forum?

It is little wonder that I have no trouble believing that “On the official site it goes so smoothly” when few are prepared to state their true position.

Two other things -

This was never “Balmain v Wests garbage” and

Where have I ever said that I did not agree with the JV?

innsaneink

Referee
Oro said:
I highlighted the fraudulence that seems to permeate some WT supporters in their support of the JV.
The only thing you highlited...it seems to me, is that you find behaviour such as these two incidents below acceptable. I asked you before if you did and got no reply. It seems you do.
Wearing Balmain and Wests Tiger jerseys, they were carrying on like fools. Sh#t like "we're hear to watch the Tigers win, the mighty Balmain Tigers. Balmain to win, F#ck Wests, Just the Tigers" It was embarrasing
and
a bloke behind me in a Balmain jersey singing Wests Tigers sux.
Oro said:
Notably, when Simon says “I know who I used to support before the JV”, when he could have said simply Balmain?

Was it Simon just being coy or, is he more concerned about perceptions and the need to curry favour on the WT official forum?

He also said...
and Im pretty happy with who I supprt now.To me,Wests Tigers is the new improved Tigers,with 3 clubs and 2 sets of juniors.I am now Wests Tigers 100%,
Pretty clear to me.
oro said:
It is little wonder that I have no trouble believing that “On the official site it goes so smoothly” when few are prepared to state their true position.
Its not needed....its the Wests Tigers official Forum....for Wests Tigers fans...it speaks for itself.
Two other things -

oro said:
This was never “Balmain v Wests garbage” and
What is it then?...you find anti JV and anti Wests sentiments acceptable yet this isnt “Balmain v Wests garbage” ...naaaah :roll:

oro said:
Where have I ever said that I did not agree with the JV?
Gee, if this is you agreeing with it, then I'm glad you dont disagree.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
Just back on topic however...

I would be considering dropping O'Neill, just for the reason if Senter and Payten are both fit this week, I can't find anyone else I would want to drop.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors

I would be considering dropping O'Neill, just for the reason if Senter and Payten are both fit this week, I can't find anyone else I would want to drop.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
_A_J_Gray_ said:

It is one of a few hard decisions that Sheens and CO will have for the rest of the year not just with players coming back from injury but with some young players pushing a claim as well

I can only see positive things ahead for the JV!

tigger

Juniors
what pisses me off, is that alot of you JV supporters have forgotten where you came from. Do not write off the club that you have followed for however long just because something 'new' comes along. I have oodles of respect for people like Brook, Bald Tiger & Meltiger (even though he is a leather wearing cross dresser on weekends :lol: ) who follow Balmain and the JV. It is people like Scott who for many years lived and died Balmain that now would only go to a Balmain game if there is nothing better to do that need to smarten up.

People like Simon, who complain about this kind of discussion should have been born in Germany in 1910. This type of discussion keeps the forum ticking over as everyone has an opinion and feels like they should express it in an argument like this. If you don't like these discussions, go back to your official forum where everyone gives Wests verbal blow jobs and talks about how Skando is the best prop in the world.

The whole point of forums is to express an opinion, regardless to how many people agree with you or not.......

I was and am a Balmain supporter but i'm also a Wests Tigers supporter however i do like to know how the magpies are going and what up and coming players they have that could get a start in the top grade. Just look at players like Covell, Duffy or Gibbs i would know nothing about any of these guys if it wasn't for the maggies supporters insight. Its the choice of individuals if they want to support only Balmain or Wests Magpies and not the Wests Tigers but for me I couldn't think of 2 better clubs to have merged and i hope all 3 clubs do well this year and in particular the maggies can back on track.
I think it is an issue that you could argue you about for hours but after a while it gets old and I would rather focus on the footy rather than the politics

simon says

First Grade
I have to laugh at some of the comments.Especially 20 somethings telling me about supporting Balmain...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come and talk to me when you have seen em play in three GF's,not read about it in a book yer mum gave ya.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just for the record,I see a lot of Balmains lower grades.I love going,and wonder if those who proclaim they are still proud to be BALMAIN go to half as many games as I do,or did when they were alive and kicking as a single entity.....I very much doubt it..

You pups go on about staying loyal,thinking you are the elite soldiers in this footy war......what a farkin joke.I know exactly who I am and where I come from,and I dont need to be told by some bitches barely off their mothers teet about loyalty.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tigger

Juniors
Simon,

You are prime example of the fact that someones age does not equal their intelligence. You can preach all you like about being there since 1908 for all i care, the fact is that you would be quite happy if Westerns Suburbs and Balmain just vanished and the JV took everything over.

As for attendance to games, i go to every game i can, however running a business and having a young son and means that i cannot go every week.

You can throw stones from a far all you want tough guy.

bonstonker

Juniors
tigger said:
You can throw stones from a far all you want tough guy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that is all you ever do :roll:

in between

baby_cry_d.gif

Gus22

Juniors
tigger said:
what pisses me off, is that alot of you JV supporters have forgotten where you came from. Do not write off the club that you have followed for however long just because something 'new' comes along. I have oodles of respect for people like Brook, Bald Tiger & Meltiger (even though he is a leather wearing cross dresser on weekends :lol: ) who follow Balmain and the JV. It is people like Scott who for many years lived and died Balmain that now would only go to a Balmain game if there is nothing better to do that need to smarten up.

People like Simon, who complain about this kind of discussion should have been born in Germany in 1910. This type of discussion keeps the forum ticking over as everyone has an opinion and feels like they should express it in an argument like this. If you don't like these discussions, go back to your official forum where everyone gives Wests verbal blow jobs and talks about how Skando is the best prop in the world.

The whole point of forums is to express an opinion, regardless to how many people agree with you or not.......

This thread was intended to be a discussion on Mark Oniell with some people expressing the opinion that maybe he should make way for another player. You may disagree, you're entitled to, but as you point out the whole point of forums is to express an opinion.

I am one who believes Oniell should have made way for someone else. I don't care if he's affiliated with Balmain or Wests, the basis of my opinion is related to having the right balance for the West Tigers NRL side. Mark has retained his spot in the side & personally I hope he has a blinder & we win by 30.

However when you refer to Wests as "your stinking whore of a club" (or words to that effect), you compel people like me, who will never forget where we came from (as you put it) to leap to the defense of our founding clubs honour.

By making such stupid, baseless, & emotional remarks you instantly weaken your arguement & turn a would-be intelligent discussion into a slanging match. When this happens you annoy others (like Simon) who are tired of the old Balmain vs Wests crap. It's been done & had nothing to do with the issue being discussed until you brought it up.

I love the Magpies but the fact is that they dont play in the NRL. Wests Tigers do, so naturally they are my passion now. I still & always will follow the Magpies in PL, but this is a secondary competition. If the Magpies can't win the PL Premiership I hope Balmain does. I'm sure a lot people feel the same way.

oro

Juniors
simon says said:
I have to laugh at some of the comments.Especially 20 somethings telling me about supporting Balmain...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come and talk to me when you have seen em play in three GF's,not read about it in a book yer mum gave ya.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just for the record,I see a lot of Balmains lower grades.I love going,and wonder if those who proclaim they are still proud to be BALMAIN go to half as many games as I do,or did when they were alive and kicking as a single entity.....I very much doubt it..

You pups go on about staying loyal,thinking you are the elite soldiers in this footy war......what a farkin joke.I know exactly who I am and where I come from,and I dont need to be told by some bitches barely off their mothers teet about loyalty.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The usual diatribe that “I’ve been a supporter longer than you”, then next there’s the “I’ve got more memorabilia than you” and finally of course “I can remember when ……….

You’re the prime example of how a little knowledge can be dangerous. It’s distressing to think that you propagate your fraudulence on the Official website and influence the views of younger supporters.

Balmain are “alive and kicking”, and own half of the JV, to which it seems you have applied to be the official website lapdog. In the frenzy to jump ship, you have forgotten where you came from.

Your truly
(some bitches)

simon says

First Grade
Gee,its amazing how going to watch yer team play footy can be turned into something completely political......

I must admit I loved "propogate your fraudulence"...great stuff,has no real meaning or context here but reads well.Very Shakespearean....... :clap:

The funny thing about all this is,3 years ago,I would be in this barney on your side.But after years of going over it and blueing with mostly Magpie guys I am over it.I just love going to watch my team play,and I dont want any more politics or the like.You can call me a lapdog,well of that means I enjoy talking about(and watching)the Wests Tigers above all others then I am as guilty as charged.

Luckily enough I do not need,nor desire yours or anyone elses permission to do so.Enjoy your holey war,Ill be eating hot dogs and sitting on the hill doing what I love,while you(and your ilk)are stewing in their own juices and blaming others for their own shortcomings .......

Yours......."the lapdog"......woof woof. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oro

Juniors
Gus 22

Simon believes it’s “all been done before” because he thinks it is about “Wests v Balmain”. This is clearly not the case; the issue is not forgetting your roots .

Put the wagons in a circle at the first hint of a troublesome topic, and then discussion can be steered towards cliched topics that predominate on the WT website.