What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do with Level 3 - Parramatta Leagues Club

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think Bartman summed it up extremely well on his reccomendation in post 9, but just to expand on it slightly, I'd say it would be imperative to try and promote and fill level 3 every night/day of the week by staging activities such as Trivia, poker nights, karaoke, luncheons with guest speakers, fight nights (already touched on by PF) raffles, shows and comedy nights.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks hellsy, didn't know. Still it doesn't take much to get a DA approved, you just have to follow the rules under the DCPs and go about re-zoning in the right way.

not that simple, you would need to check the DCP first, pretty sure it wouldn't allow such rezoning

you cant get recreational space rezoned just because you apply and go through the right channels

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I know this might sound crazy, but I don't know, it may work. Suity, your a builder aren't you? Couldn't the club go and build a carpark under the ground and dig down about 5 or 6 levels under the existing carpark. Something like the much smaller carpark inside Northcott (I think its called that). Do you think that is feasible??

would probably cost 2 or 3 times as much as an above ground carpark

parra pete

Referee
Yes, keeps the personal remarks out of it. Really, they are doing you no favours at all.

Suity

Good advice. Just because someone doesn't agree with YOUR point of view, it doesn't mean they are WRONG. Ray Price has a habit of doing it also, and it doesn't mean he is right. Isn't it better if all sides can have a say? or do you think it better to paralyse resistence with persistence
Eels81236 is obviously hitting a nerve centre with his comments.....

"When judging others, people will work overtime with no pay" - C Carruthers

Suitman

Post Whore
Good advice. Just because someone doesn't agree with YOUR point of view, it doesn't mean they are WRONG. Ray Price has a habit of doing it also, and it doesn't mean he is right. Isn't it better if all sides can have a say? or do you think it better to paralyse resistence with persistence
Eels81236 is obviously hitting a nerve centre with his comments.....

"When judging others, people will work overtime with no pay" - C Carruthers

Unfortunately though pete, Eels81236 has admitted an ulterior motive, therefore, his comments lack credibility.

Suity

mickdo

Coach
Pete & 81236, please just piss off to another thread with all your bitching and continued attempts to derail everything. Lord knows there are enough of them open already. It's pathetic.

Back to the topic at hand. Regarding the car parking, if Northcott has a large underground carpark already, would there be any possibilty of entering into a proper sharing arrangement with them? There might not be a lot of overlap between the 'business hours' of the two organisations, so something might work out?

strider

Post Whore
With the large trees now established around the edge of the current carpark area, I personally don't see putting in say a tasteful 2 story carpark as a problem for the asthetics of parramatta park .... but I guess the tree huggers would have a different opinion ...... I don't think there needs to be a massive carpark - just roughly doubling what is there now would help

johnkolc

Juniors
The hall of honour (not 3rd floor). Needs to be more prominantly displayed in the club, not on the 3rd floor, and not at the back of Sterlos either. The reason given for why it was moved from its central location on the lower floors was that it was getting too big to fit. Pity then that they just stuck up a TV screen basically showing a DVD on rotation in the new location... they could have done that in it's existing location, but they fed the members lies. Move some of the pokies form the front entranceway and make everyone walk through the f**king thing every time they come in, so they remember who they have to thank that they can be in the place to play their blessed pokies.

Best thing that's been said in this thread I reckon.

TheRam

Coach
Lucky last post eels81iamagoose and then I will start ignoring them due to the fact you seriously bore me to tears and I am sure not just I but many are sick of all the crap hitting these threads at this point in time. Can we atleast try to keep one free of BS for a while. Post whatever the hell you want, but I ain't biting no more.

If you honestly believe the rant you have made above maybe your last point should have been that we strategically picked a fight with someone on the site who was an outright moron that would end up getting the moron to fight with us as you did. Thanks. Maybe then we would win a sympathy vote. Cut the X-files paranoia out and get with the times. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE eels81lostcause.

My apologies all. Just couldn't hold that one in. Ram summed up the situation much better than me in a previous thread and he hit the nail on the head too on why I didn't go to such lengths. By the way Ram, Thanks, I did agree with it 100%.

No problemo PF, and I think you too are 100% right also, most ARE sick of these turnstile turkeys, who come in and out of here to just be negative with anything to do with progress and change.

parra pete

Referee
Pete & 81236, please just piss off to another thread with all your bitching and continued attempts to derail everything. Lord knows there are enough of them open already. It's pathetic.

Back to the topic at hand. Regarding the car parking, if Northcott has a large underground carpark already, would there be any possibilty of entering into a proper sharing arrangement with them? There might not be a lot of overlap between the 'business hours' of the two organisations, so something might work out?

Clique go the shears boys, clique clique clique.

"Whilst I may not agree with your opinion, I'll defend to the death, your right to express it."

Stagger eel

Staff member
I will not put my name to posts here as it may affect my business dealings with those in and around the club, be it positive or negative.

this to me tells me that you currently have a vested interested with the current LC board, and that's cool..I just wished that you gave us another side of the arguement rather than continuelly attacked Col who I might add has put his neck on the line in this whole saga.

I'd love for someone to get out of the blocks and convince me why I shpould turn in this, why not come out and reveal yourself in the way that Col has? afterall we're all in it together.

Freak2

Juniors
To be perfectly honest I hope one day we win another premiership and this time burn the club!!! - :sarcasm:

I do like a couple of the ideas put forward. Someone suggested improving Parra Heaven. I would suggest turning it into a Peter Wynn score mini store. They wimply dominate the Parra merchandise market and the club could benefit by coming to an arrangement with Wynny IMO!

I would think Poker Tournaments with player participation would be great. I know that the majority of our current players are regular players. Why not use their out of footy interest to improve club relations??

For me the TAB is a big thing and I have heard the arguements about why the current board removed the TAB facilities, but I can tell you that is a load of bullshyte!! The truth is the club has a mentality of "if there is no TAB, the punters will be forced to play the pokies and they have better returns". END OF STORY!! - This is so far from the real story it isn't funny. All they have done is forced TAB punters to head to other facilities in the area.

A sports club without a TAB is like having a Fish bowl without fish!:x

I like the idea of creating a more family friendly club as well, but I respect the need to make every last square inch of the club profitable. I'm not confident of a perfect solution there....

In the end a good club is created on the back of having good branding and culture. The current board have turned the current club into a mini china town operation with the sole purpose of running at a profit. I'm not suggesting that this is wrong or right but for me as an individual who has grown up going to the club regularly I am dissappointed with the progression of the club and the path made. The choices that have been made are quite simply solely based on survival and profit margins.

Suitman

Post Whore
I like the idea of creating a more family friendly club as well, but I respect the need to make every last square inch of the club profitable.

If that's the case, Level 3 must be costing them a bucket load. There's a few square inches up there.

Suity

Forget about Level 3, They need to knock the whole damn thing down and rebuild again. The place is out dated and stale.

People should head to Mounties, Canterbury, Panthers and Bankstown Sports Club. They are really professional clubs who have always updated. Parra Leagues is a dinosaur and no wonder nobody goes there.

Suitman

Post Whore
Forget about Level 3, They need to knock the whole damn thing down and rebuild again. The place is out dated and stale.

People should head to Mounties, Canterbury, Panthers and Bankstown Sports Club. They are really professional clubs who have always updated. Parra Leagues is a dinosaur and no wonder nobody goes there.

I don't disagree with your opinion of the club - in fact, it's on the money, but finance for such a proposal?

Suity

forward pass

Coach
Having skimmed briefly through this thread, it is obvious that Level 3 needs to be a carpark.

Over to you PF.

Latest posts