What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do with Level 3 - Parramatta Leagues Club

fish eel

Immortal
well thats only the "how" because of the choices made in the last decade or so ..... the "how" could have been different if some ppl tried a little harder to provide different "hows"

TBH, whether we like it or not, the club has thrived on pokies much longer than the last decade.

It's when we were riding the crest of the pokie wave more foresight should have been shown to better utilise the substantial profits we were making

The Colonel

Immortal
TBH, whether we like it or not, the club has thrived on pokies much longer than the last decade.

It's when we were riding the crest of the pokie wave more foresight should have been shown to better utilise the substantial profits we were making

TBH, I have no problem with the pokies or the clubs reliance on them. My biggest issue is what was said to us by Ovo is that as Parramatta supporters, we don't utilise the facilities at the club enough and we should use them more. Now I don't have a problem with that in essence.

But, when you look at the major facilities at the club itself there are the pokies, a small merchandise shop, a restaurant, a bistro and not much else.

The Services Club at Moree offers twice as much in terms of the membership.

Suitman

Post Whore
TBH, I have no problem with the pokies or the clubs reliance on them. My biggest issue is what was said to us by Ovo is that as Parramatta supporters, we don't utilise the facilities at the club enough and we should use them more. Now I don't have a problem with that in essence.

But, when you look at the major facilities at the club itself there are the pokies, a small merchandise shop, a restaurant, a bistro and not much else.

Maybe the board should do a trip to Moree instead of Las Vegas, and see what a real club offers.

Suity

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases

Narf!

animpinky.gif

The Colonel

Immortal
Maybe the board should do a trip to Moree instead of Las Vegas, and see what a real club offers.

Suity

It wouldn't be hard.....

A decent bistro and restaurant, a pokies room, a TAB/Keno, pool tables, darts, Thursday Night Boot Scooting, fishing club and water polo club amongst others, a regular moster raffle and regular entertainment, a bowling club and a decent beer garden with bbq.

There is more stuff on offer but I don't have the time to check it all out.

And yes, most of it may not appeal to a "big city" club but a lot of these small personal interest clubs from what I can see don't seem to exist or those that do aren't really advertised as such.

junior009

Juniors

The club is basically a hole. Unless you play the pokies there is absolutely nothing to attract you to the place.

To be honest I don't even go to the Leagues club at all any more. I used to go before or after games and when I lived nearby most Friday and Saturday nights to the nightclub.

I go to the bowling club before and after games now because there is a place I can sit and have a beer without having to sit at a pokie. The only place I can do that at the Leagues club is on the smokers balcony where you freeze on most winter nights.

Suitman

Post Whore
:lol:

Definitely, but hey it is something other than a pokie machine that gets people into the club and they normally have a meal before or after and a few drinks.....

But they'd scare away the whales quicker than the footy fans. :lol:

Suity

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
OK - no more strippers, back on topic boys!!!! :lol:

Level 3 should be treated as a meeting point.
Advertise it like the Coffee Club
"I'll meet you at Sterlo's before dinner/before game/before heading into Parra for the night"
It should be made to feel like the sports part of the Leagues Club also. Move the Hall of Fame up there perhaps??

Suitman

Post Whore
It should be made to feel like the sports part of the Leagues Club also. Move the Hall of Fame up there perhaps??

No way.

As someone else suggested, the Hall of Fame should be as near to the front door as possible, almost forcing people to walk through it to go to other parts of the club.
It's a Rugby League isn't it, after all.

Suity

Latest posts