What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Winger in the NRL

Who is the best

• Manu Vatuvei

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • David Williams

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Denan Kemp

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Darius Boyd

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Jarrod Hayne

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Anthony Quinn

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Krisnan Inu

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 33 20.9%

• Total voters

Vossy

Bench
tbh, luke covell is one of the better wingers in the comp, id love to have him at the roosters.

stay away please :) feel free to take david simmons instead, i hear he is just as good as covell :sarcasm:

mozza91

Coach
best SHOULDNT have been dally M winger of the year, we made him and the other raiders dally M winners look silly a week later in week 1 of the finals

2008 NRL top pointscorer..in a team that supposedly cant score points..yeah mediocre :roll:
Having a kicking percentage less then Gidley is mediocre

God-King Dean

Immortal
souths_narrowweb__200x376.jpg

Vossy

Bench
Having a kicking percentage less then Gidley is mediocre

thats due to the slow start he had, until he f*cked off darryl halligan and started kicking like he use to...

nah, 2008 top points scorer, yeah he is mediocre :roll:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
lol people are fickle

When I brought up Manu in a similar thread only a matter of months ago I got lol'd at

It just so happens that the trend and the reality are the same atm, but pretty soon someone else will become flavour of the month- Manu will still be the best in reality though.

Jono078

Referee
lol people are fickle

When I brought up Manu in a similar thread only a matter of months ago I got lol'd at

It just so happens that the trend and the reality are the same atm, but pretty soon someone else will become flavour of the month- Manu will still be the best in reality though.
I've always rated Manu :D

Even with his fumbles he was still one of the better wingers in.

Lycon79

Juniors
Best winger in the comp has to be Izzy Falou....
Ivan henjack announced the other day that the Broncos will play Izzy outsiode Hodges on the right side so he has to be the best winger in the NRL..

Phillips

Referee
Best winger in the comp has to be Izzy Falou....
Ivan henjack announced the other day that the Broncos will play Izzy outsiode Hodges on the right side so he has to be the best winger in the NRL..

this isnt the most overated player thread.

Iafeta

Referee
Yeah...but you'll prob still have Ropati in the centres:lol:

But geez Kemp on oneside and Vatuvei on the other...and then Stacey feeding them!

Ropati's got a World Cup winners ring :cool:

Through the mid part of last season, Ropo rightly missed out to a guy who was going a long long long way in Sonny Fai. His defensive reads were ordinary. But ball in hand he seems to always poke his head through the line and put the Warriors on the front foot. Not the worst player TBH.

Vossy

Bench
yes, i can..

all manu is barging through people and having feet for hands

where as

covell can find the line anyway he can (either scoring himself or pulling of something brilliant to set up a try..see game v cowboys last season at shark park)..can leap and score more then others and is a dead end for any time bombing his wing, safer under the highball then anyone else in the comp..he is not as slow as people make him out to be and more often then not beats the first tackler

oh and NRL 2008 top points scorer, coming from a team that couldnt score points

mxlegend99

Referee
yes, i can..

all manu is barging through people and having feet for hands

where as

covell can find the line anyway he can (either scoring himself or pulling of something brilliant to set up a try..see game v cowboys last season at shark park)..can leap and score more then others and is a dead end for any time bombing his wing, safer under the highball then anyone else in the comp..he is not as slow as people make him out to be and more often then not beats the first tackler

oh and NRL 2008 top points scorer, coming from a team that couldnt score points
LMFAO. He plays in the easiest position to get tries, and he is the only decent kicker at the Sharks. Ontop of that all the other goalkicking wingers spent a great deal of the season injured. (ie. El Masri, Gordon, Inu etc.)

He's a solid goalkicking winger. Nowhere near top 5 quality, letalone even being comparable to Manu Vatuvei. :lol:

Vossy

Bench
vatuvei is an ordinary winger, feet for hands and you all rate him, sucks to be you..covell is winning games, manu is losing games