What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do with Level 3 - Parramatta Leagues Club

Parra

Referee
Oh that's fine Blame the directors for chasing after the clientèle, by all means. But I think they "new members to the club that use Tingha" out number us "Footy Fans" to be honest.

Who says footy fans don't like good quality chinese food?

It is the best place to eat in any club in the area. By a long shot.

bartman

Immortal
Just so you know where I stand.

Sterlos is the same as always, but now it doesn't have a TAB. What does that mean for me, I can't go an put a bet on the game before I go to the game, no real issue I just bet outside the venue.

The Hall of Fame, I like far more than the original one. You had to work through photos of Old Kangaroo Tours, and Under 23 Premierships to get to others, It looked a complete mess, like your Nanna's house with all your photos on the wall. I like the current one, much cleaner, neater and acknowledges the true greats of our club.

Shows, I could care less, Night Clubs I could care less. Arcade games on level 3, I could care less. The removal of the Pool tables, thank god more space to sit down.

And finally we will see how we go with After Match Functions on a Sunday at Parramatta.
Fair enough, I guess everyone has different expectations.

But a fair few people with these different expectations now find a common experience of not feeling drawn to attend the club, because it no longer gives them what it once did, or what they feel it could. For anyone who isn't bored yet, here's where I stand for what it's worth.

Sterlos for mine...? Not really a sports bar, layout doesn't really suit the different plasmas showing different sport events/channels, viewing angles are poor. Sterile new paint/wallpaper job, doesn't have the feel of a sports bar from the decor. The existing memorabilia cabinets are poorly utilised, and there's a whole heap of Parra stuff sitting in a store cupboard somewhere. Massive potential not realised, as is the general theme in here. Meanwhile the pokie players and smokers get priority on whatever the club spends lately.

Hall of Fame? By that do you mean the TV screen in the lift foyer? Credit for a step into modernism, but the club should also have kept it's traditional souvenirs on display, under 23s memoribilia or otherwise. To me it ain't a hall at all... it's just a TV screen. Massive potential not realised, one section of the membership being put last yet again.

Shows, nightclubs... well, there's an empty auditorium that's used what once a month for the likes of Jade Hurley? I think back to the potential money spinning events it once hosted (and could still host) like gigs by the likes of Midnight Oil, Friday and Saturday night nightclubs packed out, all the other ideas. I wouldn't go to the night club anymore, but there are new generations there that would. Massive potential not realised, another section of the (poetential) membership being put last yet again.

After match functions... seeing as the Auditorium is hardly used, there would be no reason not to have functions on a Sunday arfternoon and a Friday/Saturday night? I might be getting greedy here, but it would only be people who were already at the game, so no extra impact on carparking and traffic.

Held on the largely (empty) 3rd floor, so well away from annoying anyone on the pokies. For those ones after a 7.30pm game (presumably with a smaller crowd draw), maybe Sterlo's could be utilised for it? Big scren replay, players mingling, announcement of play's players awards.

Or for some reason we could continue the practice of doing all that for an even smaller/elite/in-the-know group of supporters (without any advertising or promotion) down at the Rose and Crown...

bartman

Immortal
Oh that's fine Blame the directors for chasing after the clientèle, by all means. But I think they "new members to the club that use Tingha" out number us "Footy Fans" to be honest.
Hmm, what stops anyone at all using Tingha, not just new members? That's why I think the focus on race among new members (pokies or restaurants or footy) is pretty irrelevant. It's more about covering all your bases in a balanced way.

And so the Directors aren't being blamed for chasing (potential) clientele - and how do you get that accented e when you type? - they're being blamed for forgetting about their existing membership. For stripping away what served their needs. and then having the audacity to come here and elsewhere and say that the future health of the club relies upon those members they have displaced to make better use of the club.

Hmm, what stops anyone at all using Tingha, not just new members? That's why I think the focus on race among new members (pokies or restaurants or footy) is pretty irrelevant. It's more about covering all your bases in a balanced way.

And so the Directors aren't being blamed for chasing (potential) clientele - and how do you get that accented e when you type? - they're being blamed for forgetting about their existing membership. For stripping away what served their needs. and then having the audacity to come here and elsewhere and say that the future health of the club relies upon those members they have displaced to make better use of the club.

Do a Spell check and it adds it.

The Future health of the club does not rely on Football Members, the Future health of the NRL side could be greatly enhanced if "Football" members use the facilities on offer that generate income.

Stagger eel

Staff member
so....

has anyone been able to establish a happy median between the key to a Profitable leagues club and getting that warm fuzzy feeling when I see a Hall of fame museum on level 3?

bartman

Immortal
Do a Spell check and it adds it.
Thanks.

The Future health of the club does not rely on Football Members, the Future health of the NRL side could be greatly enhanced if "Football" members use the facilities on offer that generate income.
Yep. And my point has simply been that there needs to be more on offer (or maybe as much as their used to be on offer) in terms of facilities for the "football" focussed members.

I think the movie quote is "build it and they will come"? Conversely, when it's taken away, they start not to come... which surely should be to no-one's surprise.

Suitman

Post Whore
so....

has anyone been able to establish a happy median between the key to a Profitable leagues club and getting that warm fuzzy feeling when I see a Hall of fame museum on level 3?

Apparantly, all we have to do is go there, eat Yum Cha and play the pokies.
Problem solved.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
so....

No... but this thread is about ideas for better use of the third floor. ;-)

Imo having a hall of honour and profitability of the club the hall of honour are in need not be mutually exclusive. But when you take away a hall of honour...

Making Level 3 better?

What do we have there? Sterlo's, the tiny HoF and the old nightclub?

So, what - we can turn Sterlo's into a pub eatery and put on gigs at the old nightclub (which is happening).

And we're left with the HoF, which I don't think is a money spinner. How often will I go there to look at it? How often will it draw us back? It might be a good thing to have a look at a couple of times during the year, but nothing in terms of regular clientelle.

Really, what can be done with Level 3 that is going to in any way significantly change the financial situation of the LC? Putting on pub meals at Sterlo's that you can eat on the balcony is about all I can honestly think of, yet how would that affect the smoking area that the balcony is currently serving as?